*** Thursday Night Football - Bills vs Fish***

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

His contract has a $167 mil guaranteed for injury which he gets if (and when) the doctors tell him he can’t play again. The league is going to want this walking reminder of their long-held malfeasance toward concussions all the way out of football because scraping him off the field is an almost annual occurrence. Stephen Ross is going to have to eat it; but that’s his stupid fault for signing Tua in the first place. Just so foolish on so many levels. 

Thank you Joe Douglas, thank you. I know it’s a stretch, but finding things to be appreciative for getting tougher and tougher  around this joint, 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They can't afford to tank with this much offensive talent + a strong system.  Would have to trade Tyreek Hill to make that happen, because a few more lollipop off target throws from Skylar Thompson and Hill will strangle someone.

Tannehill would keep things stable.  And let's face it, he might be about as good or better than Tua even at age 36.  

I agree with everything until that last sentence.

Tannehill was ass last year - he was barely better than Will Levis, in reality. (35.1 QBR vs 34.8 QBR for Levis) 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

I also would think there would be some legal precedent regarding a person’s right to work at their desired profession, and that he would have some type of case that they can’t ban him for personal health reasons if he is capable of doing the job.

You answered your own question here. 

You can't do the job when you convulse on the ground like a broken wind up toy every time you get hit.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I agree with everything until that last sentence.

Tannehill was ass last year - he was barely better than Will Levis, in reality. (35.1 QBR vs 34.8 QBR for Levis) 

Still completed 65 % of his throws for 7.0 YPA on a bad team.  Throw him in this system with these receivers and he wouldn't have to do much to produce points.

And, like I said, he won't make the boneheaded decisions often.  Like the no-look pick 6 Levis threw last week that cost Tennessee the game, lol.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I dont think you’ve been watching Tannehill for the last couple of seasons 

We're really only talking about 2023.  In 2022 in 12 starts he completed 65.2 % of his throws, had a 13/6 TD:INT ratio (not great but you can work with it), 7.8 YPA and a 94.6 QB Rating.  

He may well be washed but if he isn't and you get 2022 Tannehill in this loaded offense, you can win some games.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still completed 65 % of his throws for 7.0 YPA on a bad team.  Throw him in this system with these receivers and he wouldn't have to do much to produce points.

And, like I said, he won't make the boneheaded decisions often.  Like the no-look pick 6 Levis threw last week that cost Tennessee the game, lol.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We're really only talking about 2023.  In 2022 in 12 starts he completed 65.2 % of his throws, had a 13/6 TD:INT ratio (not great but you can work with it), 7.8 YPA and a 94.6 QB Rating.  

He may well be washed but if he isn't and you get 2022 Tannehill in this loaded offense, you can win some games.

@jgb 

Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

7.0 YPA is ok (would have been tied for 19th in the league with a minimum number of snaps to qualify), but note that Tua was second in the league in YPA last year at 8.3 (obviously with much better weapons). Tua also had a much better TD/INT ratio: 29 TDs/14 Ints  vs. 4 TDs /7 INTs. 

I could see bringing in Tannehill as a veteran stopgap, but the idea that he "might be as good or better than Tua" seems insane. 

2 hours ago, Jolot said:

No chance he’s retiring , that’s not how these guys are wired . We’ll see him by week 6 . One more potentially unpopular opinion, if he was the Jets QB I feel like there would be a lot fewer posters calling for him to retire lol…just saying . 

I don't think you're correct. There are a LOT of dolphin fans saying he should retire. Let's be real, if was Zach Wilson.. there'd be a lot of people supporting him retiring.

40 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You answered your own question here. 

You can't do the job when you convulse on the ground like a broken wind up toy every time you get hit.

Yep. We've had guys on the job that were fine in their annual physicals, fine in day to day stuff, but as soon as there was a decent sized fire they had to work in full gear, on SCBA they would wind up in the back of a Rescue Truck (at NO fault of their own - not anxiety or anything) with sustained High BP and cardiac dysrhythmias (Usually sustained high heart rate or A-Tach with PVC's). Those guys were found other assignments or advised to take a medical retirement. Some guys would find Doctors to get them clearance to keep working, and for their own safety (and annoyance usually) they would get assigned to Medical Group/Rehab or exterior assignments at fires. 

Pride and Money. 

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tannehill is more immobile than the animated corpse of Joe Flacco that was here. The dolphins line was one of the worst I've seen before they lost two of their starters. Tannehill would be in the hospital in 2 drives.

23 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Tannehill is more immobile than the animated corpse of Joe Flacco that was here. The dolphins line was one of the worst I've seen before they lost two of their starters. Tannehill would be in the hospital in 2 drives.

Beggars can't be choosers.  Name a better QB they can get off the couch OR in a reasonably-priced trade right now? 

It's not like they're the only ones potentially in competition for a fill-in QB, either:  I doubt the Packers roll with Malik Willis for more than a couple weeks, especially if Love ends up being out longer than anticipated.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

7.0 YPA is ok (would have been tied for 19th in the league with a minimum number of snaps to qualify), but note that Tua was second in the league in YPA last year at 8.3 (obviously with much better weapons). Tua also had a much better TD/INT ratio: 29 TDs/14 Ints  vs. 4 TDs /7 INTs. 

I could see bringing in Tannehill as a veteran stopgap, but the idea that he "might be as good or better than Tua" seems insane. 

I mean I guess its just recency bias with Tua but he looked dreadful last night.  The 2022 version of Tannehill would absolutely out-produce him in that game.

I mean I guess its just recency bias with Tua but he looked dreadful last night.  The 2022 version of Tannehill would absolutely out-produce him in that game.

I mean, if we can reduce things down to one game, all sorts of wild arguments can be made. 

Sample sizes are important! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

I wouldn’t take AB’s advice on many subjects, but I’m thinking he has some valuable experience to share here. 

his life completely changed after the Burfect hit.

AB was the face of the NFL and widely considered a great player with no off field issues. Now maybe some of those existed in his personal life and we simply did not know but the outward change in his behaviour that we all witnessed surfaced after that hit.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Beggars can't be choosers.  Name a better QB they can get off the couch OR in a reasonably-priced trade right now?

Why would I? There isn't a QB they can get that is viable to keep them in contention. This isn't trying to replace Zach Wilson scenario. I'm one of Tua's bigger detractors, but he's good enough that you don't really have a backup that can replace for more than a game or two.

Trying to get "less bad" QB to make a heroic run to 5-7 wins doesn't seem worth it. Grab whomever (someone who's more mobile probably) and start figuring out what they do for the future.

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Why would I? There isn't a QB they can get that is viable to keep them in contention. This isn't trying to replace Zach Wilson scenario. I'm one of Tua's bigger detractors, but he's good enough that you don't really have a backup that can replace for more than a game or two.

Trying to get "less bad" QB to make a heroic run to 5-7 wins doesn't seem worth it. Grab whomever (someone who's more mobile probably) and start figuring out what they do for the future.

And how will a sociopath like Tyreek Hill feel about tanking?

There are really only 2 options here:  1) Band-aid QB to get you by, or 2) Sell off your top assets, including Hill and Waddle.  You can only choose 1.  Trying to tank with all that talent won’t work.  Sounds like you’d be good with door  # 2?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I mean, if we can reduce things down to one game, all sorts of wild arguments can be made. 

Sample sizes are important! 

Well you guys are reducing Tannehill down to 8 starts in 2023 with a bad team, so…..

I get that he’s 36 but that isn’t exactly ancient for QBs any longer.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not like they're the only ones potentially in competition for a fill-in QB, either:  I doubt the Packers roll with Malik Willis for more than a couple weeks, especially if Love ends up being out longer than anticipated.

not going to say better but Jameis would be entertaining as hell in that offense. I think he is a backup somewhere, but if Tua is going to be out for a long stretch - I would consider it.

And yes the interceptions but he got glasses - no joke.

Look at history - Jameis and Vinny T are very similiar. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Trotter said:

not going to say better but Jameis would be entertaining as hell in that offense. I think he is a backup somewhere, but if Tua is going to be out for a long stretch - I would consider it.

Oh hell yeah I’d be down for Jameis if I’m Miami.  Forgot he wasn’t on a roster!

@JiFtheOracle

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Oh hell yeah I’d be down for Jameis if I’m Miami.  Forgot he wasn’t on a roster!

@JiFtheOracle

Ah wait he’s with the Browns.  So they’d have to deal for him.  Wonder what the cost would be?  Especially considering that they may well have to bench Watson at some point…

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well you guys are reducing Tannehill down to 8 starts in 2023 with a bad team, so…..

I get that he’s 36 but that isn’t exactly ancient for QBs any longer.  

fair, but an 8 game sample is a lot more representative than a 1 game sample. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Joe Flacco, if they could protect him, is the kind of bombs away QB who could be effective on Miami.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And how will a sociopath like Tyreek Hill feel about tanking?

There are really only 2 options here:  1) Band-aid QB to get you by, or 2) Sell off your top assets, including Hill and Waddle.  You can only choose 1.  Trying to tank with all that talent won’t work.  Sounds like you’d be good with door  # 2?

I don't think 1 is a realisitic option. There's no "getting by" for them.

I think 2 would be the better decision. Regardless of if Tua comes back or not.. it was already risky as hell relying on him and now it would be absolutely insane. They have massive cap issues with him. It's going to take a couple years for them.

Now I believe they're gonna try number 1 with a somewhat mobile QB out there. I think Tua comes back in 4-6 games, but they'll be well back and going into a tougher late season schedule.

• Upvote 1

The nfl is a multi billion dollar business.  Having tua get paralyzed, die etc on the field would be a catastrophe for them.

Tua stinks and the Dolphins are an irrelevant franchise.

Why would the nfl take even the littlest chance on this.

There is 0 benefit for the nfl to ever let him play again.  But a very probable pr and financial nightmare if they do.