Lead-up To Jets/Patriots Game

TuscanyTile2

On 9/16/2024 at 7:10 PM, FidelioJet said:

I'm not sure a comparison is a relevant question here.  

I don't like seeing three starting defenders likely to not play (one of which is out for the year)  That is concerning to me.  It should be to all Jet fans - regardless of the injury report of other teams.

Carter will be on the injury list during the week all season, but barring a setback he’ll be expected to play on Sundays (and Thursdays, and Mondays). Reed also likely to play. Smith (as noted) is a vet rest day. Mosley is likely out this week, and possibly for a while, but his replacement seems solid.  JJ is the only big loss, but every team loses starters to season ending injury. We just gotta hope there are not too many more. 

Aaron is 40 and playing his 3rd game in 10 days.

This isn't gonna be easy.

Hopefully Coach Bobby's 🤡 team doesn't come out flat as a pancake in prime time yet again, but I know better than to have any expectations at this point.... 🥲

Something stupid / undisciplined is going to happen with Coach Bobby's side.

The question is will Aaron be able to overcome it or not.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Aaron is 40 and playing his 3rd game in 10 days.

This isn't gonna be easy.

Hopefully Coach Bobby's 🤡 team doesn't come out flat as a pancake in prime time yet again, but I know better than to have any expectations at this point.... 🥲

Something stupid / undisciplined is going to happen with Coach Bobby's side.

The question is will Aaron be able to overcome it or not.

Love the positive vibs

This is the exact type of game that Bobby Salad has failed to get team ready for in the past. If the team comes out flat tomorrow night ... I get a new guy on the phone before halftime.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why bother putting JJ on injury reports? He's officially out for season isn't he?

I don't think he has officially been placed on IR yet.  Once he is on IR, he will no longer appear on Injury Reports.  I would imagine there will be a roster move between now and tomorrow's kickoff.

• Upvote 1

I just want to slap the F out of the Pats in prime time one time. I don't expect it but can we do that please?

27-21 Jets
Exactly this ... I don't want to let this freaking team hang around .. I want to stomp them early and keep attacking.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Ari Meirov @MySportsUpdate

The #Patriots ruled out starting LT Vederian Lowe (knee) and starting LG Sidy Sow (ankle) for tomorrow night's game vs. the #Jets. Starting C David Andrews (hip) and starting RT Mike Onwenu (wrist) are questionable.

Patriots rookie Caedan Wallace is slated to start at left tackle tomorrow against the Jets.

On 9/15/2024 at 4:26 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Hoping that a home game helps get Rodgers and the offense right. Might be just what the doctor ordered.

It definitely should.

I'm curious to know how many other NFL teams started their season with back to back road games.

I'd bet that's a fairly low number. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

It definitely should.

I'm curious to know how many other NFL teams started their season with back to back road games.

Interesting statistic;

It's an unusual start for any NFL team, playing on the road on MNF in its season opener, then on the road again in Week 2. Putting a "new millennium" spin on this topic, since the 2000 season, 40 teams have been scheduled to open away on Monday night. Only three of those have then been scheduled to stay away from home for Game 2 — the 2001 Giants (at Denver, at Kansas City), the 2010 Ravens (at the Jets in their first regular-season game at MetLife Stadium, at Cincinnati) and the 2011 Raiders (at Denver, at Buffalo).

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders did.   At chargers, at Ravens . 

You didn't play on 2 short weeks in a row either, coming off of 2 road games.

Nor did you travel across country for your first road game on MNF, you had a road game where you traveled all the way to San Diego - what is that a 90 minute plane ride from Las Vegas?

No comparison.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

It definitely should.

Pittsburgh did, and are 2-0. We're 1-1, Raiders are 1-1, and Rams are 0-2. 

KC started with two HOME games, and are 2-0.  Dolphins, Lions and Eagles are all 1-1. 

22 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Sarcastic Mixed Martial Arts GIF by UFC

This is not that type of game.  The Patriots showed they are good enough to play a perfect game, for them, and still need a couple of plays to bounce their way to win.

As Jet fans, we need to believe in the dream that you guys are in peak championship form and that this game could single-handedly end your dynasty.  Considering that you guys have beaten us down for 2+ decades, the least you could do is play along!  lol

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As Jet fans, we need to believe in the dream that you guys are in peak championship form and that this game could single-handedly end your dynasty.  Considering that you guys have beaten us down for 2+ decades, the least you could do is play along!  lol

Ok....

**channeling my inner chowd accent**

"We r wicked good...Mayo my boy is wicked smaht...Brady?  Pffft!!! Belichick? Double secret pffftt!  Maye is  top 5 already son. Lets get a dunkie!!!"

37 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Pittsburgh did, and are 2-0. We're 1-1, Raiders are 1-1, and Rams are 0-2. 

KC started with two HOME games, and are 2-0.  Dolphins, Lions and Eagles are all 1-1. 

i think he was really talking about 2 road games and then a short week game.

and the first road game is about the worst it could be in terms of distance.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i think he was really talking about 2 road games and then a short week game.

and the first road game is about the worst it could be in terms of distance.

In terms of distance it was rough, and the short week in between had an impact, IMHO. One more day and I reckon Reed would have played - fortunately Echols had a good game and this didn't bite us. Maybe JJII doesn't get injured with more rest / less travel ... who knows.