ugh can't even bet that Huff gets 2 sacks tonight

batman10023

35 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

So take one sack at +126. Based on your thinking that should be a virtual lock, no?

it's solid.   but was hoping for 2 to get a better payout.

i had Allen for a anytime TD yesterday, think it was +450.    was hoping to see a 2 TD for like 50 to 1.  

Someone suggested having Allen as rookie with most TD.  i liked that bet alot.

8 hours ago, batman10023 said:

bummer.  i went to fanduel and since WMD got 3 sacks yesterday that our star pass rusher from last year would get at least 2.

unfortunately i can't get odds on him having 2 or 3 sacks.

Saved you some money. You would have lost if you bet Huff 1+ tackle. Totally invisible.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, batman10023 said:

it's solid.   but was hoping for 2 to get a better payout.

i had Allen for a anytime TD yesterday, think it was +450.    was hoping to see a 2 TD for like 50 to 1.  

Someone suggested having Allen as rookie with most TD.  i liked that bet alot.

i think Fan duel saved you some money

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, batman10023 said:

bummer.  i went to fanduel and since WMD got 3 sacks yesterday that our star pass rusher from last year would get at least 2.

unfortunately i can't get odds on him having 2 or 3 sacks.

Huff was invisible again....I'm not at all surprised either.

Huff was a product of Saleh & Ulbrich's scheme, they knew what he was and how to use him.

Huff took that for granted and now he's well on his way, to being the biggest bust of the 2024 free agent class.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Huff was invisible again....I'm not at all surprised either.

Huff was a product of Saleh & Ulbrich's scheme, they knew what he was and how to use him.

Huff took that for granted and now he's well on his way, to being the biggest bust of the 2024 free agent class.

Fangio has been terrible for a while now and his Dolphins player mutinied on him. Eagles defense won’t be far behind.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Fangio has been terrible for a while now and his Dolphins player mutinied on him. Eagles defense won’t be far behind.

Not buying this @T0mShane

Including his three seasons as head coach of the Denver Broncos from 2019-21, Fangio has had 10 top-10 defensive units in yards allowed and points allowed. 

The Dolphins allowed the 10th-fewest yards per game of any team in the league in 2023, allowing 318.3 per game. Fangio's defenses have ranked in the top 10 in yards allowed and scoring defense 10 times each over his 20 years as a defensive coordinator.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Not buying this @T0mShane

Including his three seasons as head coach of the Denver Broncos from 2019-21, Fangio has had 10 top-10 defensive units in yards allowed and points allowed. 

The Dolphins allowed the 10th-fewest yards per game of any team in the league in 2023, allowing 318.3 per game. Fangio's defenses have ranked in the top 10 in yards allowed and scoring defense 10 times each over his 20 years as a defensive coordinator.

Did you think the Dolphins defense was good the past two years? Does the Eagles defense look good right now?

• Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did you think the Dolphins defense was good the past two years? Does the Eagles defense look good right now?

The Dolphins allowed the 10th-fewest yards per game of any team in the league in 2023, allowing 318.3 per game. 

They were 15th against the pass & 7th against the run

Not elite, but still very good & definitely serviceable.

You're looking pretty silly with this argument.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The Dolphins allowed the 10th-fewest yards per game of any team in the league in 2023, allowing 318.3 per game. 

They were 15th against the pass & 7th against the run

Not elite, but still very good & definitely serviceable.

You're looking pretty silly with this argument.

That was a good defense? You watched them. Were they good? 

1 hour ago, jbt said:

For reddick

and a 2026 conditional 2nd rounder....heck, throw in a 2025 3rd rounder...oh...and we'll take that large pretzel and a Slurpee please.

Seriously though...we'd be taking Huff back at a salary we probably were not willing to pay him at the time.  And with the new uncertainty that he simply isn't hustling as hard after being paid.  Would you rather have Huff at $17M/year or just pay Reddick $20M/year for 2 years or thereabouts?

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the big issue with trying to blame Fangio for Huff’s slow start is that the Eagles are just as reluctant to use Huff as an every down player as the Jets were. It’s not even the lack of production through 2 weeks that is concerning for Huff (it’s only 2 weeks, after all), it’s the lack of playing time. 

This alone strongly hints that the Jets had a good read of their player - a guy they developed over several years. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What difference does that make? Miami had 56 sacks last season even with all their D injuries, and sacks & a high pressure rate are supposed to be the only thing you knew you were getting with Huff. He has zero.

Philadelphia needed the DL to get to Cousins last night on that final drive when everyone knew he was passing on every single down. 

Protecting a 6-point lead with less than 2 minutes left in the game is exactly why you lure a FA edge rusher with multiple guaranteed seasons of big money to be a closer. They planned their offseason around Huff being that guy.

Based on that alone, one could argue that last night’s loss was squarely on Bryce Huff. 

The last Eagles drive should’ve been 3 downs of victory formation just kneeling on it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think the big issue with trying to blame Fangio for Huff’s slow start is that the Eagles are just as reluctant to use Huff as an every down player as the Jets were. It’s not even the lack of production through 2 weeks that is concerning for Huff (it’s only 2 weeks, after all), it’s the lack of playing time. 

This alone strongly hints that the Jets had a good read of their player - a guy they developed over several years. 

there was a video posted in one of these threads with Huff playing on 1st and 10. the Falcons winded up passing on the down but Huff didnt know that and got manhandled. its stuff like that like you said makes the reluctant to use him every down.

when a team lets a good player go you should take that as a warning. god knows we got tricked on enough FAs.

oh look the Bengals let Lawson go and drafted his replacement instead. wow we got so lucky, lets sign him. lol

• Upvote 2