Rodgers suggests Saleh hold players accountable

AFJF

4 minutes ago, British Jet said:

As per the norm, this team needs the defense to be absolutely perfect every single play to give us any sort of chance to get a win. I am willing to allow one instance of busted coverage. It happens. Someone slips. Someone trips. It happens.

The defense allowed their QB throw for 60 yards. 60. And we lost to that QB.

Scoring 3 FGs at home after 9 days to prepare is inexcusable for an offense.

It’s the mental errors that are inexcusable on any level if you plan on making a run in January.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Rodgers threw several passes yesterday nowhere near where his receivers were.  Maybe Rodgers, especially Rodgers under pressure, is part of that problem too.  It's easy to blame the WR's when the QB is a future HOF'er, but our HOF'er may just be looking his age at this point and not be quite so accurate in his under-pressure-passes as we might have hoped.

that's true but rodgers play was not even close to being the main reason they lost.  saleh's coaching is the main reason by far.  anything after that is just not picking.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, British Jet said:

As per the norm, this team needs the defense to be absolutely perfect every single play to give us any sort of chance to get a win. I am willing to allow one instance of busted coverage. It happens. Someone slips. Someone trips. It happens.

The defense allowed their QB throw for 60 yards. 60. And we lost to that QB.

Scoring 3 FGs at home after 9 days to prepare is inexcusable for an offense.

Yesterday was more Nix being bad. The defense can’t stop the run. The Jets have luckily played bad QBs besides Purdy. Nix had guys open he just wasn’t seeing the field (he did manage to hit a 20 yard dig to Sutton against Sauce on 3rd down). And on 3rd and goal a breakdown like that just can’t happen. 

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Couldn't agree more.  Some people enjoy power.

south park cartman GIF

Interesting point. So the guy that owns and operates is in the wrong for making a few rules that he thinks will help the board be the best for everyone. He should have maybe asked you first? Also, is not exactly mandatory to be here. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

What does that even mean, "hold accountable"?  Run gassers?  Put your starting OL on the bench for a series? The mindset of the team starts with the HC and this guy has consistently led his team out unprepared in virtually every long week/bye situation since he got here.  

Remember the movie Bull Durham when Crash told the HC.....they are kids. Scare the hell out of them.   I guess that might not work vs a bunch of multi-millionaires though.  All of the best HCs seem to be able to get it done somehow though.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yesterday was the first Jets game I've gone to since right after my dad died. I was feeling optimistic about the team, really wanted to experience something exciting in person. Like you said, rain was supposed to stop before the game.

Between the traffic, the cost, the rain, and the utterly pathetic on field performance it might be the worst experience I've ever had at a Jets game. You couldn't pay me to relive it.

Sorry to hear that mate. We always want these events to be moments to escape from something. Speaking as a West Ham fan (soccer), thanks to my Dad, we're typically overly familiar with frustration and disappointment. We won our first European trophy in 43 years last year and he was the first person I thought of. 

Whilst the talent on the field might let us down some of (or most of) the time, it's important to surround ourselves with the right people. I wouldn't trade the friends I experience the frustration and disappointment with for the world.

As our song goes:

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high,
Nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams,
They fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.

The Jets will find their fortune someday. Just got to keep looking. Keep your head up.

• Upvote 1

Hall had most of his snaps in the 1st half. 51 snaps
Allen had his in the 2nd half. 45 snaps
I agree that the personnel was wrong on the goal line.
Hall looked slow and apprehensive.
I honestly wondered if Hall was struggling with his footing - on one drive with our backs to the goal line he took a handoff and went down before any defender even got near him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that's true but rodgers play was not even close to being the main reason they lost.  saleh's coaching is the main reason by far.  anything after that is just not picking.

You will not see me defend Saleh, Hackett (especially Hackett) or even Ulbricht, who is the overrated-coach-de-jour on JN at current.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Interesting point. So the guy that owns and operates is in the wrong for making a few rules that he thinks will help the board be the best for everyone. He should have maybe asked you first? Also, is not exactly mandatory to be here. 

Banned for a couple of weeks for a little crack like that?!  Give me a break!

Even if yesterday's game never transpired, there's been a mountain of evidence that only continues to grow attesting to the fact that Robert Saleh is an absolute joke as a head coach.

There's isn't enough space here list everything and there shouldn't be a need.

19-35 record says it all, really

Even if you look at how the team performed in their one game with Ron Middleton calling the shots, they played loose and free, looked relaxed out there.

Middleton basically went for it on every 4th down, played to win.

It was so nice and so refreshing.  Just too bad it lasted only one game.

Usually avoid this place after a loss but…

With Woodys connections to London and JD having traded Sam, if (when?) the Vikings blood eagle (couldn’t resist) Saleh you have to wonder if the plane trip home isn’t the end for one or both of them.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Usually avoid this place after a loss but…

With Woodys connections to London and JD having traded Sam, if (when?) the Vikings blood eagle (couldn’t resist) Saleh you have to wonder if the plane trip home isn’t the end for one or both of them.  

Anytime you reference Blood Eagle in the post it's an automatic POW from me. So cool!!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Couldn't agree more.  Some people enjoy power.

south park cartman GIF

Lith is one of the most respected mods on the board, yet you think he's power hungry?  lmao. 

When you say something political then double down, almost daring the mods to do something about it, guess what:  They're gonna do something about it.  Deal with it maybe?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Banned for a couple of weeks for a little crack like that?!  Give me a break!

He wouldn't have gotten banned if he didn't puff out his chest once called out for it and continued to make it a thing.  That's the lesson here.  If you're gonna make a political crack, at the very least leave it be.  Don't keep acting like a victim.  You know, like you're kinda doing here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lith is one of the most respected mods on the board, yet you think he's power hungry?  lmao. 

When you say something political then double down, almost daring the mods to do something about it, guess what:  They're gonna do something about it.  Deal with it maybe?

Guy made a mild crack that anyone could either chuckle or role their eyes at. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He wouldn't have gotten banned if he didn't puff out his chest once called out for it and continued to make it a thing.  That's the lesson here.  If you're gonna make a political crack, at the very least leave it be.  Don't keep acting like a victim.  You know, like you're kinda doing here.

itsdefinitelysomethingtolookat.jpg.3d27d5f21d9581530721836a5b6cb88e.jpg

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember when he vowed to ban people if they made a joke about the Winnipeg Jets?  Some people enjoy wielding authoritay.

The fastest way to ruin a forum is for Mods to get overzealous.  (The same is true in the NFL with refs.)

And yes, I get that the political comment was out of line.  But it happens all the time on here (sometimes in subtle ways) and gets ignored if it leans the proper way politically or is said by certain people.  Regardless, there should've just been a warning.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Mild to you isn't mild to them, and vice versa, and regardless it leads to the inevitable tit for tat back and forth of progressively less "mild" quips, with threads turning into politics threads full of sh*t posts pretty quick before they get inevitably locked.

Folks want to do politics, there are plenty of other places online specific to having those debates/sh*tpost exchanges.  Phil is 1000% right about this rule, and his mods 1000% right to enforce it.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

* A mild political crack that was followed up with these posts when called out:

2 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Accurate assessment.  My bad!

2 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Oh no not reported.  To reiterate I am very very very very sorry for this colossal breach of sports bulletin board posting.  I really hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me just this one time so you can focus more of your time on reporting jay walkers. 

Talk about taking a rule and sh*tting all over it and the mods who enforce it.

Again, the joke was whatever.  He doubled down.  2 weeks was probably too harsh, but again, you can't just puff out your chest and dare the mods to do something have everybody acts all shocked when they do.

56 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Remember the movie Bull Durham when Crash told the HC.....they are kids. Scare the hell out of them.   I guess that might not work vs a bunch of multi-millionaires though.  All of the best HCs seem to be able to get it done somehow though.  

And Manager Riggins called them...

4f168861-23d0-41c7-ad22-6daf65c0a94d_tex

• Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, AFJF said:

Not sure how well that's going to go over in Saleh's world.

Saleh suggested hard counts could be reason for so many flags.

Rodgers said that rather than getting rid of hard counts, maybe "hold guys accountable".

That's not Bob's jam though.

Eff Robert Saleh.  Rodgers is a winner and 1st ballot HOFer.  Saleh is a clueless, wussy and loser.

• Upvote 1

Back on topic: 

I thought it was big part of the Veteran HOF QB's job to 'run' his offensive unit as coach-on-the-field and keep his players in-line and motivate them to be their best and to play within the Rodgers system Rodgers' way.

Is Rodgers now not into doing that, to the point he's punting on the leadership role and wants Saleh to start yelling at 'his' players?

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Back on topic: 

I thought it was big part of the Veteran HOF QB's job to 'run' his offensive unit as coach-on-the-field and keep his players in-line and motivate them to be their best and to play within the Rodgers system Rodgers' way.

Is Rodgers now not into doing that, to the point he's punting on the leadership role and wants Saleh to start yelling at 'his' players?

I think rodgers wants the players held accountable for mental mistakes rather than blaming rodgers’ cadence which seems to have been fine for 20 years

• Upvote 2