Oh, Ed... Fireman Ed accuses Jets of phasing him out: ‘Something was going on’

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Fireman Ed claims he's being phased out at Jets games (nypost.com)

My response on the Post Website:

They aren't "phasing out" the chant, Ed. You're just upset that you're not on the screen. The chant has been around since before he was a fan or there were huge video screens in stadiums and will continue to be a thing as long as the fans want to keep doing it. To be honest, Jets fans need to learn WHEN to be loud, when to shut up for the Offense, and the chant should be a naturally occurring thing. From one retired Fireman to another... chill, bro.

Post comments are the best.

20241016_120029.jpg

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Your screen name finally makes sense to me

Started off as "JetMedic" on JI, went to this when I started driving Engine 1 back in 2004ish. Thought about Jet_Lieutenant and Jet_Captain (how pretentious), and finally Jet_Investigator, but Jet_Engine sounds cooler. lol

Then again, Jet_FireCodeAdministrator has a certain ring to it... 

• En Fuego 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Serious with this BS?

You're a fan. It's not about you.

No ones going to the Jets game or tuning in just to see Firemen Ed.

We do the chant without you there!

I always thought his whole act was a bit obnoxious.  I guess it brought him fame, though, and it looks like he's enjoying it so good for him.  This whole "you're phasing me out" thing seems a bit much though, even for him.  He's essentially nobody.  He's not a team employee and he doesn't speak for all Jet fans (regardless of how the media might try to spin things).  He's just 1 guy, the same as any other Jet fan, regardless of how vocal. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

The stadium experience has just gotten so corporate contrived. There is no space for an organic experience anymore.

It's like that in all the major sports.  I've gotten into the UFC recently and it feels like it still has some organic stuff in it.  The fighters certainly say controversial things.  It's refreshing that something like that can even exist today.

• Upvote 3

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's like that in all the major sports.  I've gotten into the UFC recently and it feels like it still has some organic stuff in it.  The fighters certainly say controversial things.  It's refreshing that something like that can even exist today.

For sure, man. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Why do they have to cater to him? I really don’t care if I see ED or not. Sounds like an inflated ego to me.

I guess the PSL crowd needs someone to help them spell a 4 letter word and a Fire Helmet lends a sense of authority??

29 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I noticed this the other night. Didn’t do the JET chant after the kickoff score

kind of weird 

Woody is suppressing the chant. MetLife Security was out with Duct Tape to keep it from happening as part of the Phase Out.

what i noticed monday night was before kickoff they had a new video of various jet fans doing the jet chant at work, on the street etc.

Kind of fired up the crowd and did not pan to Ed ant the other 2

Woody is in control baby - Ed - your out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Not true. Organic experience is available for 6 monthly installments of just $279.99.

Oh, I forget if you sign up for the MetLife/Atlantic Health Jets VIP™ Loyalty Card, you can gain points for all of your in-stadium and Jets Fan Shop™ purchases. For 20,000 points, you can then order "Organic Stadium Experience" for a home game of your choice! Comes with two medium-sized Coca Colas™, 2 Sabrett™ hot dogs, and 1 Jets T-Shirt ($720 total stadium prices retail value)!

• En Fuego 1

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Oh, I forget if you sign up for the MetLife/Atlantic Health Jets VIP™ Loyalty Card, you can gain points for all of your in-stadium and Jets Fan Shop™ purchases. For 20,000 points, you can then order "Organic Stadium Experience" for a home game of your choice! Comes with two medium-sized Coca Colas™, 2 Sabrett™ hot dogs, and 1 Jets T-Shirt ($720 total stadium prices retail value)!

After attending the game at ML last year, I think I'm good for a while. I might take the boys to Jax in December just to see a live game, but that stadium is so easy to get in and out of and Decent hotels are so close, it's a pleasant trip (went in 2012). Jax fans are tame and it's not crazy expensive. 

Just getting back to the Hilton 1 mile from the stadium last year was a legit problem. Uber was $60. Not kidding. All the guys I tailgated with kind of disappeared after the loss so I said **** it and walked back. Had to jump a fence for the first time in a while. Most fun part of the night...

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

They aren't "phasing out" the chant, Ed. You're just upset that you're not on the screen. The chant has been around since before he was a fan or there were huge video screens in stadiums and will continue to be a thing as long as the fans want to keep doing it. To be honest, Jets fans need to learn WHEN to be loud, when to shut up for the Offense, and the chant should be a naturally occurring thing. From one retired Fireman to another... chill, bro.

The Giant man of mayonaise has zero patience for us short Italians. You are on Notice ED!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Trotter said:

what i noticed monday night was before kickoff they had a new video of various jet fans doing the jet chant at work, on the street etc.

Kind of fired up the crowd and did not pan to Ed ant the other 2

Woody is in control baby - Ed - your out. 

You're not a wartime consigliere, Ed.  You're out.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Any chance we can include him in the Reddick trade?

• Haha 3