Reddick Holdout Over

AbstraKt

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

My only wish was to win football games. Saleh and JD were not doing that. At the end of the day it’s not like this regime wasn’t given time. Nothing ever changed with saleh. You get a nice win and follow it with a loss, we be down at the first half of each game, the offense was always sloppy. Woody was totally justified in making the move trying to get a spark and salvage the season rather then do it in December. 

The trouble is if this is what we know he does publicly, what has he been doing in private. Maybe he really liked that Zach Wilson kid and influenced the pick? You know he wanted Rodgers, but if it doesn’t work, Woody doesn’t fire himself. No GM or HC with options will want to come here. 

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Shouldn’t we be happy we have talent on the roster? Or you’re mad because of what? We gave up a 3rd round pick?

It’s no coincidence that these two moves happened in the days after Woody made the unilateral decision to fire the coach. I’m mad because he’s destroying the franchise. Because whatever you think of Saleh or Douglas, they’re the most highly regarded individuals this team managed to attract since Bill Parcells. And it was also no coincidence that they were hired while Woody was away. I know that Woody wants to win, he just still hasn’t learned that his best chance for that would be to stay the **** away from the team’s business. Silver spoon moron. 

• Upvote 4

This feels like a Jets team that will turn it around, win some games, really start looking good…. and miss the playoffs by one game.
Like Parcell’s last season when they d!cked around for weeks after Vinny T got hurt.  Finally figured it out with Ray Lucas, but too late.
They were 2-3 in 98... so much is set up for us this year to make a run... just have to find a way to win tonight

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s no coincidence that these two moves happened in the days after Woody made the unilateral decision to fire the coach. I’m mad because he’s destroying the franchise. Because whatever you think of Saleh or Douglas, they’re the most highly regarded individuals this team managed to attract since Bill Parcells. And it was also no coincidence that they were hired while Woody was away. I know that Woody wants to win, he just still hasn’t learned that his best chance for that would be to stay the **** away from the team’s business. Silver spoon moron. 

Saleh is the most highly regarded individual? Lmao Bro I can’t take anything you say seriously sorry 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Saleh is the most highly regarded individual? Lmao Bro I can’t take anything you say seriously sorry 

At the time he was hired, he was highly sought after. Use your google machine if you don’t remember. He’ll have to lick his Jets wounds as a DC for a year or two, but he’ll be a head coach again. 

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, slats said:

No opinion on Saleh. They could’ve fired him last January, or after this season was in the inevitable crapper, and I’d’ve been fine. Firing the head coach after just five games, right before the team was playing for first place in the division was absolute stupidity. You’re gonna get your wish, Kev, it’s another house cleaning coming up, and no one with any talent will be applying to fill the vacancies to work for the Jets meddling imbecile of an owner. 

This. Saleh deserved to get fired, but a mid season termination is going to drive us to another complete re-do.

Anything Woody does is without any commercial, operational, financial or football sense or thought. He doesn’t own those qualities.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

At the time he was hired, he was highly sought after. Use your google machine if you don’t remember. He’ll have to lick his Jets wounds as a DC for a year or two, but he’ll be a head coach again. 

No way. His teams were consistently not ready to play, sloppy, committed more penalties than the opponents and got blown out with extra rest 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He better be in shape and ready to go 

Would be nice if this had happened a week ago so he could suit up tonight in a must-freaking-win game

Yup.  I would feel way better about this and the Adams trade if we were 3-3 and coming off a W against Buffalo.  But this is what it looks like with an Owner that is going all in on the near term with a 40 year old QB and a lame duck GM who is desperate to save his job.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Its not.  Lazy reporting by Schefter. 

It is now being reported that they are offering him incentives which could give him the ability to earn back his fines.

Happens alot w/Shefter..He's the best at breaking moves. The fine details?  Not so much.

• Upvote 1

][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]" timestamp="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" name="bicketybam" userid="[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]"] So he has a chance to make what he was originally set to make after fines. What a win for Reddick! 🤣🤣🤣

It’s an increase on our cap so…
  • WTF? 1

Just now, mfmartin said:

It’s an increase on our cap so…

So that's a win for Reddick? That was the reason for his holdout? To increase the Jets cap? Silly me, I thought he was holding out to get a) a raise for this year and b) a multi year extension. Thanks for setting me straight 🤣

• Upvote 1

So that's a win for Reddick? That was the reason for his holdout? To increase the Jets cap? Silly me, I thought he was holding out to get a) a raise for this year and B) a multi year extension. Thanks for setting me straight 🤣

I’m not saying Reddick is a big winner here. I’m pointing out that Douglas also lost.
  • Thumb Down 1