What Is Your Stance?

Maxman

I'll be in nashville watching the jets opener, and i'll be infront of my tv every sunday to watch the jets, win or lose. even though this could be a verry terrible season for the jets, I excited to see the teams progess, to see what the future of the team is going to be. if our draft picks will be a bust, or if we hit the jackpot.. thers so many things i just can't wait for! i suffered through the games last year with Vinny at the helm.. so by god i can last through this season! with much less alchohol!

As a Jets fan I think it is time to truly face the music and realize that this year for the New York Jets will be a painful one.

Last year was painful in a bad, cruel way.

This year will be painful in a growing pains kind of way.

Just like every home game, every year, I'll be there until the game is over. I don't leave early, no matter what the score. People should've learned that after the MNF Miracle, but, oh well for them.

At home, same thing. I won't even take a piss if there's not a commerical going on.

I am loyal to the Jets no matter what the record. I always try to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised hopefully. Last year was a wreck- any improvement will be better

My Stance is that I love the New York Jets.

Win, lost or draw I love the team, the players, the coaches, the stadium, the colors, the chant, the tailgating, the stats, all of it.

Since I am a supreme optimist, I feel every year could be the year to make it. I don't think you build for the Super Bowl, I think you build for every season and if a few things go your way, you get to the playoffs where everyone has a shot.

My Top 5:

- Be competitive in every game

- Win at home

- Win your division

- Play for the now

- Rebuild in the offseaon

BZ

I go into every season the same way... With guarded optimism.

In June, I avoid extremes.

The HC is a first time HC; the OC is a first time OC; the DC, although a prior Army HC, is a first time DC. Right there, that should tell you something.

We have a huge question mark at QB. That should tell you something.

I look forward to seeing new faces infused into the first string. There will be growing pains. But overall, I expect to see a WELL PREPARED, DISCIPLINED TEAM, that gives 100% on every play, from the first play of the game until the final play of the game. I expect to see a team that is conditioned appropriately.

I don't expect to see a team have their doors blown off in September, and then start to show up around October (2001, 2002, 2003) or not show up at all (2005).

On gameday, every Sunday, I expect the Jets to win. And if they don't win, I'm satisfied if they at least lose with dignity and not look like a bunch of horses *ss.

I have faith that Mangini will not tolerate lolly gaggers and *ss scratchers. This faith is not blind; he has already demonstrated this by trading John Abraham.

You know...the Jets have always been a bit of an underdog. Sure, there have been good years now and again, but they have never really been a dominant force in the league. So the chances are good that if you love the Jets, you're probably not a fair weather fan.

If the Jets do badly, I'll get pissed and grumpy... but I won't stop being a fan. And as I always say: if you can't beat them, at least beat 'em up. Go D-fence!

Good article. I always appreciate it when someone takes the time to

sit down and contribute their thoughts.

However how many ways can the same question be asked?

Yesterday Tinstar gave a similiar version under his post "Expectations".

If you want an answer to a stance I look at it a little different than most.

To me the NFL just put a new franchise into NY. The owner put a

whole new organization into place with a new GM, coach and coaching

staff. Was given 3 draft picks in the first 35 picks.

A new offense and defense will be put in place.

No one knows at this time who the QB or RB will be and how a new

offense and defensive line will jell.

Any relationship to the previous franchise that occupied Giant Stadium

is purely coincidental.

So I'm joining up with the new franchise because the old one after

46 years didn't do too much for me. In fact my wife swears that my

two heart attacks could somehow be attributed to the Jets. Good

thing I'm a Yankee fan or I might not even be here anymore. LOL

And it ain't easy driving around town with that license plate.

Just like every home game, every year, I'll be there until the game is over. I don't leave early, no matter what the score. People should've learned that after the MNF Miracle, but, oh well for them.

At home, same thing. I won't even take a piss if there's not a commerical going on.

You have to get Tivo. Greatest thing since slice bread. At my

age sometimes I couldn't wait for the commercial. LOL

My stance remains the same. I will proudly wear my green and white, no matter what the record. When you are out & about in town and see a fellow Jet fan, especially when the chips are down like now, it means something. We are the real fans. Before 2001 you couldn't find a Pats fan unless you went to Foxboro. Now look at the mess they made. Bandwagoners from Kansas to Texas!

They never learn.

The first Jet game I went to, before I had season tickets, I went with a friend of mine who gave me this advice "I always stay till the last second ticks off the clock. I wait all year for these games, they are limited and I pay a lot of money so I am going to enjoy every last second of every last game."

I took that to heart and now never leave before the very very end. I tell everyone who comes with me, this is the deal, take it or leave it.

So far I think there have been more than a few games that the Jets have come back late in the 4th to win the game and they far outweigh the miserable time of standing in the cold rain watching your team get crushed by the Colts. (uggg).

BZ

This season, I am not expecting much in the way of wins, let alone playoff appearances. But I have high hopes for a competative team, one that shows up and plays hard all the time. Hopefully, the mental mistakes are kept to a minimum.

If they surprise me on the upside, I will have no complaints.;)

They never learn.

The first Jet game I went to, before I had season tickets, I went with a friend of mine who gave me this advice "I always stay till the last second ticks off the clock. I wait all year for these games, they are limited and I pay a lot of money so I am going to enjoy every last second of every last game."

I took that to heart and now never leave before the very very end. I tell everyone who comes with me, this is the deal, take it or leave it.

So far I think there have been more than a few games that the Jets have come back late in the 4th to win the game and they far outweigh the miserable time of standing in the cold rain watching your team get crushed by the Colts. (uggg).

BZ

Your friend is very wise because he's 110% correct on that.

You want to pay anywhere from $1,400 and up for season tickets and you leave after the 3rd freakin quarter or when the team is down 10 with 5 minutes to go? Don't you believe? Those are the fans we can do without.

And a reply to an earlier poster, I still wear a Jets jersey or hoody once a week, gotta be out their supporting while I'm driving in my Jet Mobile (my car has about 10 Jets stickets / liscense plate frames on it).

And a reply to an earlier poster, I still wear a Jets jersey or hoody once a week, gotta be out their supporting while I'm driving in my Jet Mobile (my car has about 10 Jets stickets / liscense plate frames on it).

I probably don't do enough of that.

I wear my Jets tie on Monday after a win (didn't wear it much last year).

I replaced my ID badge holder with a Jets one.

I wear my ************.*** 16H t-shirt running, around the house to the gym.

Of course, on game day, from head (cap) to toe (Jets socks and sneakers) I am a 100% Jets (undies as well).

BZ

When I was 10 years old i went down to the store and their were 2 men having a fight ,Right out front of the store i had to go into.Anyway, I was so Afraid to come back out of the store,b/c of the police were out there.So when I finally built up the guts to leave ,I tried to walk real fast pass them ,but when i thought i was clear ,the cops said hey kid come over here.

And this is how it all began!!! It was winter time so i had saved up for a JETS Skully.When the cop seen it, he said your a Fu@kin JETS Fan and then he Slapped me across my head and knocked my Skully off. Then the other cop starts to laugh and says you should be a Giants Fan Stupid the Jets Stink.I told the 2 cops that Iliked the colors and the team.

So you want to Know what my Stance Is? IT'S GO JETS,SINCE I WAS 10 AND FU@K PIGS FOR LIFE!!!! THAT'S MY STANCE

BTW,True Story and I Never told anyone that Story.Only my JET Brothers!

When I was 10 years old i went down to the store and their were 2 men having a fight ,Right out front of the store i had to go into.Anyway, I was so Afraid to come back out of the store,b/c of the police were out there.So when I finally built up the guts to leave ,I tried to walk real fast pass them ,but when i thought i was clear ,the cops said hey kid come over here.

And this is how it all began!!! It was winter time so i had saved up for a JETS Skully.When the cop seen it, he said your a Fu@kin JETS Fan and then he Slapped me across my head and knocked my Skully off. Then the other cop starts to laugh and says you should be a Giants Fan Stupid the Jets Stink.I told the 2 cops that Iliked the colors and the team.

So you want to Know what my Stance Is? IT'S GO JETS,SINCE I WAS 10 AND FU@K PIGS FOR LIFE!!!! THAT'S MY STANCE

POTW NOM!

That was a great story, may even be worth a quick draft of a movie script! ;)

My stance is and always will be the same; I look forward to the fall because I get to go to a stadium and watch my favorite sports team take the field. To me, that is enough to keep me going for at least another 30 years (I'm 30).

I grew up the son of immigrant parents who had no interest in football so I had to take care of any purchases on my own. I couldn't afford my pop warner league fees let alone a Jets t-shirt or two (or those green puffy jets jackets everyone wore in the late 80's/early 90's that I wanted so bad) but I always told myself that someday I would be able to drown myself in whatever Jet's gear I wanted so I didn't worry. That came true not when I bought my first replica jersey but rather on the day I paid for my first complete set of season tickets a few years back. I haven't stopped drowning in it since.;)

Thanks Raffy D, my name says it all ,I've Bleed for the JETS in real life,and always will.

BTW, Great story on your part,I know it felt great to buy those season tickets man.GO JETS

Although I stayed for the Monday Night Miracle (and pretty much every other game before 2005), I found myself leaving the games early this year. I'm still a little upset I did that. I think I was taking everything for granted and felt I needed to get back to who I was as a jets fan, hence the story. I needed to get back to the basics, and most of you guys here have helped me do that just by talking about the team and where we're headed.

In sum, LET'S GO JETS!

If I wore my Jets green through the RIch Kotite, Charley Winner and Lou Holtz years, I'm certainly not going to be driven away now.

I have to admit, I've turned off games before, mostly because I was getting so aggravated that I was about to break something if I didn't stop watching.

But I'm always back the next week.

We will win as many as we lose this year. The best 11 Jets will be on the field most of the time and they will have worked their butts off to earn that right. If the inexperienced OL falters, don't look for the same crap week after week. Changes will be swift and decisive. Same goes in spades for the D and whomever is throwing the football. There's enough talent onboard to play .500 football this year with the right hands on the steering wheel. Thats my read and I'm sticking to it.

My stance is that I root for the NY Jets. End of story.

I wear my Jets stuff no matter what. In college I would take crap (Kotite years) but it doesn't matter. All the bad times will make the Jets winning it all that much sweeter.

When they win it all I will be able to say that I rooted for them everyday along the way. They will win it all someday. This much I believe.

:P

Archived