1st team you rooted for if you werent a Jets fan 1st?

SouthernJet

If the Jets werent your 1st team to root for , who was and why?

I will start,,,

I was a Bills fan cause I grew up outside Buffalo and my parents were friends with the head coach,,

Moved to Jersey in 1964 when I was 12 at Namath time and rest was history

I was a Detroit fan growing up since it was the era of Barry Sanders. That in itself pretty much explains it but I also loved Herman Moore. Back in the early 90's Herman Moore looked like he could be one of the greatest recievers of all time. He was 6'4" 220 pounds, and had great hands. Problem with the Lions was Scott Mitchell had one good season in his entire career.

Oh, so "technically" you're all bandwagon fans? And what bandwagon would this be? The Wagon with the small wheels - a rustic version of the short bus? Heading nowhere "special?"

headin to more wins than Pats starting in 2007 for at least 5 years,,

tick, tick, tick

headin to more wins than Pats starting in 2007 for at least 5 years,,

tick, tick, tick

That "tick, tick, tick" is the sound of your pace-maker, btw. It may be time for a tune-up. My guess is that there's more Jets heartache in your future.

Before I watched the games regularly (like 4 or 5) I remember seeing a Bengals helmet in a sporting goods store on Broadway in Brooklyn (next to an old crackhouse of a movie theater and near the bridge) and I thought that was the coolest design ever so I liked them. Then, tv took over my life and I watched the Jets every week and learned to love the team that always seemed to break my heart in one way or another.

Some things never change.;)

I've always been a Jet fan but if I had to pick another team it probably would have been the Giants. I'm always for picking a home team. Jets and Yanks baby!

I was a huge steve young and jerry rice fan so I liked the 49ers and still do because I first loved their helmets, definetly the coolest helmet in football or at least it once was, they changed it since the early mid 90s and I dont like it as much. I had a sweet 49ers reversible winter jacket.

Then I went with my hometown teams Giants and Jets and I quickly picked the Jets, maybe it had something to do with my stupid neighbor was a giants fan and really gay and my real friend was a Jets fan. Either way, JETS for life.

I was a fan of Marino and Montana so thus 49ers and Dolphins before Parcells joined with Jets. I had never rooted for a single team during that period.

If i must root for another team than Jets then it will be Panthers because of Julius Peppers.

My Dad was a Giants fan (well before I was born) and started watching the AFL and rooting for the Titans. He said that the NFL was like watching those old black and white tapes of the Pack,etc. seemed like it was always snowing, while the AFL games were in technicolor with bright unis in locations like SD. He got mad when everybody told him the Jets were worse than the Giants and continued after Super Bowl III, so he now hates the Giants. Thinks the Yale Bowl game was as big as anything except Supe III. I grew up in all this rooted for the Jets since birth-pre-Super Bowl.

Dad hates the Knicks because they forced the Nets to sell Dr J to come into the league, but that's another story...

My Dad was a Giants fan (well before I was born) and started watching the AFL and rooting for the Titans. He said that the NFL was like watching those old black and white tapes of the Pack,etc. seemed like it was always snowing, while the AFL games were in technicolor with bright unis in locations like SD. He got mad when everybody told him the Jets were worse than the Giants and continued after Super Bowl III, so he now hates the Giants. Thinks the Yale Bowl game was as big as anything except Supe III. I grew up in all this rooted for the Jets since birth-pre-Super Bowl.

Dad hates the Knicks because they forced the Nets to sell Dr J to come into the league, but that's another story...

The Knicks forced the Nets to sell Dr. J??? I have got to get some more info on this, let me know if you have any.

The Knicks forced the Nets to sell Dr. J??? I have got to get some more info on this, let me know if you have any.

Not sure if I remember this correctly, but they didn't specifically force the Nets to sell Dr. J, they required a "buy in fee" during the ABA-NBA merger to let the Nets (at the time playing at the Nassau Collisieum) play in the same area. The cash strapped Nets ownership sold Dr J for the fee. Broke up a pretty good team. I believe they still had Larry Kenon and Super John.

How could you have another team? If you live in NY or NJ shouldn't the choices be only the Giants or Jets?

When I moved to Mass in 1986 from Australia I embraced all of the home teams. Never thought twice about it. Pats, Sox, Bruins and Celtics.

Archived