Coles limps off...

T-Mac

So Coles is hurt, McCarreins is on PUP.. and just like that Cotchery is sittin at #1. Hey guys, I don't think QB is our main problem anymore.
I've been saying this all along that our wr's are crap and we passed on chad jackson??? Now there is only a hand full of wr's on the market.We need to do something fast or we will be in trouble. Or in the running for the 1 pick in the 2007 draft!! :bag:

CHAZ GESSNER! Wasn't that the other guys name last year? The white ivy leaguer who was the man at TC then choked it in every preseason game?

Good call, I watched Chas in training camp one day last year and I was thinking that we had something special, then he sh!t the bed in the preseason games (alligator arms). I thought he was with the panzies?

Lelie??? Give up a draft pick for a guy who doesn't want to play under his current contract? Absolutely NOT. Already know what his upside is anyway. He's fast. Big deal. You want him trying to catch passes here in the swamp? That fool would have trouble catching malaria in a swamp. I'd rather see what Cotchery can do.

Lelie??? Give up a draft pick for a guy who doesn't want to play under his current contract? Absolutely NOT. Already know what his upside is anyway. He's fast. Big deal. You want him trying to catch passes here in the swamp? That fool would have trouble catching malaria in a swamp. I'd rather see what Cotchery can do.

I'll gladly surrender a draft pick for the best deep threat in football.

I'll gladly surrender a draft pick for the best deep threat in football.

Yeah, well we already tried that. We gave up a 2nd round pick for the best deep threat in football in 2004.

It's not just the pick - it's the pick and the $20M contract he wants as well. Screw him. He's afraid to compete with a 36 year-old & a guy whose knee is held together with masking tape.

Yeah, well we already tried that. We gave up a 2nd round pick for the best deep threat in football in 2004.

It's not just the pick - it's the pick and the $20M contract he wants as well. Screw him. He's afraid to compete with a 36 year-old & a guy whose knee is held together with masking tape.

The McCareins trade was on Edwards and Bradway. That was a stupid ****ing projection by them, and there were much better PROVEN receivers available for less than it cost to get the Titans' number 3 receiver.

Lelie, on the other hand, has already proved his worth. I would have no problem giving a guy capable of averaging 20 yards a reception a $20 million contract. The Jets will have plenty of salaries coming off the books at season's end, anyway.

The McCareins trade was on Edwards and Bradway. That was a stupid ****ing projection by them, and there were much better PROVEN receivers available for less than it cost to get the Titans' number 3 receiver.

Lelie, on the other hand, has already proved his worth. I would have no problem giving a guy capable of averaging 20 yards a reception a $20 million contract. The Jets will have plenty of salaries coming off the books at season's end, anyway.

Lelie is the Broncos #3 WR. Yes he WAS starting, but Denver thought so much of him they gave up a high pick in a DEEP draft, AND a giant contract, to a guy with a reconstructed knee - AND was (and still is) entertaining trade offers for him.

Sounds to me like Shanahan thinks he's sh*t. I think he knows a good receiver when he's got one. Clearly he doesn't think he's got one in Captain Endzone-Dropsies.

As far as salaries off the books next year. Yes we'll be rid of Donnie Abraham & Ty Law's cap hits. But we've got bigger nuts to crack & eat up dead cap space: Chad ($9M if he reaches no incentives), Curtis (I don't even know at this point - $5-6M?), DRob (probably $4M of his orig SB needs to come off). So whether you're talking over 1 year or two, that's almost $20M in dead cap space just from these three. Lelie is not "the answer" or Denver would've given him a new contract to make sure they don't lose him.

PennyBoy actually got the ball downfield and into the secondary?:eek:

Actually ass wipe, he threw a 65 yard TD to Cotchery. that doesn't mean I don't want Clemens in there as soon as the O line gets organized and Clemens is ready. Keep calling him Penny boy, and I will keep calling you a troll.

this just further backs up the point i tried to make after the draft that the draft sucked, we couldve had addai or deangelo williams last in the first or sinorice moss early in the 2nd. even couldve got jerious norwood in the 3rd. instead we overdraft on half our late round picks. maybe we can trade pennington for charles rogers or mike williams

CHAZ GESSNER! Wasn't that the other guys name last year? The white ivy leaguer who was the man at TC then choked it in every preseason game?

Yes LMAO

I was waiting for the first gessner reference. He ruined my TC reports last year. I'd write how he would catch everything in sight during camp, which he did, and then he did the big flop/choke job in the preseason games.

I have never seen anything quite like that before, and the term "training camp warrior" will now be replaced with being a Gessner. :cheers:

Mc cairins btw was suited up and jogging around with a trainer.

Yes LMAO

I was waiting for the first gessner reference. He ruined my TC reports last year. I'd write how he would catch everything in sight during camp, which he did, and then he did the big flop/choke job in the preseason games.

I have never seen anything quite like that before, and the term "training camp warrior" will now be replaced with being a Gessner. :cheers:

Mc cairins btw was suited up and jogging around with a trainer.

When we went to Albany last year for the Jets-Giants scrimmage Gessner was impressive- just shows that until you get into live action that is where it really counts.

this just further backs up the point i tried to make after the draft that the draft sucked, we couldve had addai or deangelo williams last in the first or sinorice moss early in the 2nd. even couldve got jerious norwood in the 3rd. instead we overdraft on half our late round picks. maybe we can trade pennington for charles rogers or mike williams

We'll see. I'm of the opinion that these offensive skill position players don't win you championships without your guys in the trenches. All they do is put up fantasy numbers.

How many 2004-2005 Pro-Bowlers did the Steelers have on their team?

TEN.

How many of those eight were offensive skill-positions?

TWO. And neither of them in the superbowl year. Bettis (2004) and Ward (2004). And Bettis with his 110 carries was the situational/short-yardage/#2 back most of the year & further, Pit didn’t draft him anyway. Ward didn’t do dick until his 4th season.

All eight others were either along the offensive line or defense.

OL: Alan Faneca, Jeff Hartings, Marvel Smith

DL: Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith

LB: James Farrior, Joey Porter

S: Troy Polamalu

I’d rather have a team like that than a team that has skill-position pro-bowlers who lose.

Look at Arizona. Four first/second-round picks from 2003-2005: Boldin (2), Fitzgerald (1), Johnson (1), Arrington (2). They also just took Leinart (1) & stole Pope in round 3. On top of that they just got Edgerrin James. A team like that can’t lose, right? Let’s see if these guys can win 7 games in that joke of a division before anointing them superbowl champs.

How about Detroit? Five first-round (including four top-10) picks on offensive skill positions. And nevermind picking in hindsight. They were ALL thought to be top or elite prospects. No one was thinking (“Hey that’s a 2nd-round talent they took at #7 overall”). Harrington, Jones, Rogers, Willimas, Williams. And they’ve sucked.

There’s certainly nothing WRONG with taking skill-position players. They’ll win a couple of games for you. But expecting a 50-yd TD run or pass every game is wishful thinking. The thing is you’ll lose against power defenses almost every time.

When we went to Albany last year for the Jets-Giants scrimmage Gessner was impressive- just shows that until you get into live action that is where it really counts.

So true, faba. Our observations at TC are not worth much in the big scheme of things, but it's still fun to go, and I give TC reports not so much to predict anything, but to just share some of the fun with those who cant or dont go.

btw I went today with a bud who is a huge CP fan, and he was ecstatic at one big play CP made today.

On his first snap of the scrimmage, he threw a rope about 40 yards which Jovan Witherspoon snared in traffic and took to the house.

It was defitiely a crowd pleaser, especially for the CP faithful.

It was a great throw, and it gave my friend a huge amount of hope that Chad can do it. He was really hyped up about #10 after seeing that throw. Just passing that on.

Archived