Lee Suggs Dealt to Jets

jamesAngleton

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blaylock is not a starting back he could never endure the hits all season hes too small and is unproven.College or Pro

Agreed but at 6'0" 206 pounds is Lee Suggs going to give us anything that Blaylock couldn't?

I don't MIND the pick but I refuse to get excited about it. Lee Suggs is a guy drafted in the 4th round who struggled to win the job from Willie Green and eventually Ruben Droughns. He hasn't been able to stay healthy and if you think that coming from the Browns to NY is going to make that much of a difference I remind you that Droughns rushed for 1300 yards last season behind that O-line....

What does this trade mean to me? I think it means Blaylock is on his way out. I think Houston stays because hes the only guy with some size bakc there and Leon Washington stays because he's still a rookie and needs some time to develope. We can't carry 5 RB's into the season so mathematically 2 guys are fighting for a roster spot. Martin is almoost certainly gone but the question is who else will be placed on waivers.

Agreed but at 6'0" 206 pounds is Lee Suggs going to give us anything that Blaylock couldn't?

I don't MIND the pick but I refuse to get excited about it. Lee Suggs is a guy drafted in the 4th round who struggled to win the job from Willie Green and eventually Ruben Droughns. He hasn't been able to stay healthy and if you think that coming from the Browns to NY is going to make that much of a difference I remind you that Droughns rushed for 1300 yards last season behind that O-line....

What does this trade mean to me? I think it means Blaylock is on his way out. I think Houston stays because hes the only guy with some size bakc there and Leon Washington stays because he's still a rookie and needs some time to develope. We can't carry 5 RB's into the season so mathematically 2 guys are fighting for a roster spot. Martin is almoost certainly gone but the question is who else will be placed on waivers.

Assuming Martin can't play anymore, I agree with you on Blaylock

and retaining Houston and Washington.

Who elsewill be cut? I think Askew.

Handwriting on wall.

They picked up Martin for FB and now Suggs. I don't even think Askew

was in the game Friday except maybe ST.

Might be able to trade Blaylock for a draft pick.

I still can't believe I've lived this long LOL

LMAO

L'Chaim!

Suggs was in a battle with William Green for the backup spot behind starter Reuben Droughns, who clearly won the starting job last year. I wouldnt expect a backup to come in here and be a workhorse, so my expectations arent too high. But if he can pick up the blitz and protect our QBs, he will get reps.

The Browns reportedly were shopping Suggs for a starting center, but no one they spoke to was willing to bite on that.

I hate to lose Strait, but the deal makes sense.

I think this is a great move by the Jets.

Suggs can be a big contributor if he reverts back to his old form.

However, on some other Jets message board, the young delusional Jets fans are proclaiming that Suggs will rush for 1,200-1,500 yards this season.:eek:

Bottom line, good move by the Jets on this one.

However, on some other Jets message board, the young delusional Jets fans are proclaiming that Suggs will rush for 1,200-1,500 yards this season.:eek:

let's face it Tex there are a lot of weirdos posting over there lately ain't there?

who ARE some of these people anyway?

Quit playing nice, TX.

When we drafted Strait, a lot of us thought we had got a 1st round talent in the 3rd round.

Two years later and he's traded for a guy that rushed for 15 yards last season. You should be eating this **** up.

Quit playing nice, TX.

When we drafted Strait, a lot of us thought we had got a 1st round talent in the 3rd round.

Two years later and he's traded for a guy that rushed for 15 yards last season. You should be eating this **** up.

I also happened to think Strait was the real deal, but he just never panned out.

If Mangini can do one thing extremely well, it's evaluating secondary talent.

He never would have unloaded Straight if he thought he would never be the player that everyone (including myself), thought he would be.

If that is the case, why not unload him and fill a huge RB need?

Again, good move by the Jets on this one (and you know I don't say that too often;) ).

I like this move. We had too many dbs, and Strait was the odd man out.

The injury bug Suggs brings with him concerns me. Maybe Mangini is a fellow QVC shopper, as was Herm, since we now have two china dolls in our backfield.

Time will tell.

Jim Brown wore number 32...I believe Leroy Kelly wore number 44.

Thanks JFF, I wasn't sure but that makes sense since I think Jim Brown may have not loved Syracuse very much when he left there and probably didn't want to carry the 44 tradition to the browns (not sure).

I believe Brown also wore 44 at SU

CottonBowl02.jpg

Great pic Jetcane! Wish I could have been around to see him play, he knew how to put a lick on a would be tackler. Also, and I realize the perspective is a little off, look at how much bigger he is than the tackler!

Back to topic, Blaylock should go assuming Leon learns how to be a change of pace guy for the bruisers.

Just want to make sure everyone saw this. You can all stop PMing me now, lol.

Know what? This is fine. At this point he was a backup safety for us. I think he'd have gotten bumped out of the nickel rotation as well once Barrett comes back & we still have Mickens.

If Mangini thought so much that he was the goods he'd have never done this. Plus we have like 19 DB's on this team.

Good move trading a guy who wouldn't see the field for a guy who will.

I agree, I'll never forget the interception straight dropped against the Steelers in the playoffs (04). He could have walked that in...good ridance to an underacheiver i guess.

I agree with Tx. This was a good move. Suggs upside is higher than Straits imo. This also fills a need without giving up much. I liked Houston but you can't have a guy in there who might get your QB killed for missing a blocking assignment.

Does this mean Cumar retires now???

Suggs is injury prone, has proven nothing, Strait was at least healthy throughout his short time here.

I guess this is better than trading a 2nd rd pick for an injury prone back (C. Brown). I just hope we get lucky with this, we don't have the best track record in trading players.

running backs always get hurt more than DB's. I haven't checked the stats on that, but I can't remember any premier DB's taking a seat for a long period of time, other than mr. fragile woodson, and Law for a year...

I agree with Tx. This was a good move. Suggs upside is higher than Straits imo. This also fills a need without giving up much. I liked Houston but you can't have a guy in there who might get your QB killed for missing a blocking assignment.

Which was exactly the problem in Friday nights game in Tampa.

Still, no one here has stated the obvious:

Curtis Martin may really be done & they needed another potenially strong RB to take his place should Blaylock not work out...

WAY TO GO HERM - YOU D-BAG!

Which was exactly the problem in Friday nights game in Tampa.

Still, no one here has stated the obvious:

Curtis Martin may really be done & they needed another potenially strong RB to take his place should Blaylock not work out...

WAY TO GO HERM - YOU D-BAG!

I agree Baumer.

I'd be surprised if CuMar ever takes another snap in the NFL.

All the Jets did was give up a player where they were really deep for a player in a position where they were extremely weak.

Again, it was a low-risk move that could pay significant dividends.

I really thought we had a heist with Strait. Looks like I was beyond wrong. ****ty. Another great Bradway draft pick.

I don't believe you were wrong Troll. He is very physical and one of our better tacklers. If Romeo uses him as a safety, I think he got himself a good player.

As a CB though, he just doesn't have the speed needed in this league. I believe I read somewhere that Mangini would have used him at the safety position and not as a corner. We have talent at safety which made him expendable.

running backs always get hurt more than DB's. I haven't checked the stats on that, but I can't remember any premier DB's taking a seat for a long period of time, other than mr. fragile woodson, and Law for a year...

...and Aaron Glenn, and Dyson, and the Browns #1 corner (that's why they wanted Strait)...

How good of a safety would Strait make? He's 195 lbs and NOT fast. Sounds like if everything works out for him he might, might be as good as Erik Coleman.

Most of you never saw Jim Brown on the field. A halfback in a fullback's body with great speed. One of the msot dominating runners ever except against the Giants who had Sam Huff shadowing him every game.

Strait going-I'll go with mangini on this

Suggs-average of 1 fumble every 30 carries, out of games with a hangnail-when he's on a decent runner and receiver.

Certainly at least one runner gone before end of camp but don't be surprised if its Suggs

We didn't need Strait this year but my gut tells me we will be needing him in the next 1-2 years. That's why I have a problem with this trade, we gave up a solid DB for what seems to be a stop gap RB. That doesn't make sense at all. I'd be pretty happy if I were a browns fan because we just unloaded an injury prone backup rb for a quality DB that is very young.

BUMP!

If Mangini thought so much that he was the goods he'd have never done this. Plus we have like 19 DB's on this team.

great point,, this is the MAJOR difference I feel as a Jet fan now,, I have total confidence if Tangini lets a player go as opposed to trusting the brain trust of Bradway/Herm...

Archived