Here's PennyBoy's Opportunity

PatsFanTX

I think the Jets will win this game. The Pats receivers are going to need to time to get in sync with their QB. No way that happens this early in the season (and this is if the receivers are any good - and nobody really knows). They can run but they can't pass. If the Pats are to win they need a great defensive effort.

I think the Jets will win this game. The Pats receivers are going to need to time to get in sync with their QB. No way that happens this early in the season (and this is if the receivers are any good - and nobody really knows). They can run but they can't pass. If the Pats are to win they need a great defensive effort.

What???????:character42:

I honestly believe he will play great. This has the potential to be one of the best jets/pats games in recent history, b/c of the coaching matchup, the re-emergence of pennington, the lack of wideouts on the pats, and the lack of a true #1 rb on the jets. Both defenses showed signs of being very good at times last week, so that figures to play into the equation as well.

so in the end....Jets win :D

Garb, will you please stop playing all these mind games with Jets fans.

Please go back to your normal way of busting their chops.;)

Hey Garb,Looks like your on that fork in the road Huh? Make that left turn to Jets stadium ,it's not too late to cross over .Don't worry we won't let your pastie past get in the way of you becoming a JET Fan,we always have room for a closet jet fan over here!;)

I'm not a blind homer - just telling it like it is. And NO THANKS LI, I'd rather stab myself in the eye.

I think you forgot to add this to your statement.

:sarc:

A Jets win on Sunday will send a statement throughout the rest of the NFL that tough coaching staffs are the way to go.

That said, I still stand by my prediction that the Jets are a 5-7 win team in 2006. Even if they beat this N.E. team. But I do hope I am proven wrong!!:yahoo:

I think you forgot to add this to your statement.

:sarc:

Nope. It's all true. I actually say this to people - not just post it on a messageboard.

Dude, I was at the game last week. The recievers were having great difficulty getting open and Caldwell ran the wrong pattern a few times. This will be fixed in a week?

A Jets win on Sunday will send a statement throughout the rest of the NFL that tough coaching staffs are the way to go.

That said, I still stand by my prediction that the Jets are a 5-7 win team in 2006. Even if they beat this N.E. team. But I do hope I am proven wrong!!:yahoo:

if the jets can find a way to win this game (BIG if), it will be a true test of mangini's ability to keep the team focused on one game at a time. the NY media has a tendancy to blow things out of proportion. remember last season when the players were talking super bowl?

the jets need to take the whole season one game at a time if they are going to be successful which was always a cornerstone of the pats success.

Nope. It's all true. I actually say this to people - not just post it on a messageboard.

Dude, I was at the game last week. The recievers were having great difficulty getting open and Caldwell ran the wrong pattern a few times. This will be fixed in a week?

No, but it may not need to be fixed this week.

I would rather have the Pats problem with the passing game than the Jets problem with running to football. If the Jets could not run against the Titans what are they going to do against the Pats ? Eventhough the Pats are going into the game with a passing game that is sub-par right now they can still run the football with Marone (or however you spell it).

I think it will be an interesting game. I don't think you will see Vrabel catching a pair of TD's passes like he did last year but if the Pats are able to shutdown the Jets running game they should win.

I would rather have the Pats problem with the passing game than the Jets problem with running to football. If the Jets could not run against the Titans what are they going to do against the Pats ? Eventhough the Pats are going into the game with a passing game that is sub-par right now they can still run the football with Marone (or however you spell it).

I think it will be an interesting game. I don't think you will see Vrabel catching a pair of TD's passes like he did last year but if the Pats are able to shutdown the Jets running game they should win.

oh ye of little faith

To improve on his overall losing record against winning teams and his pathetic 3-13 record against top 10 (the Pats are 6th overall) defensive teams.

Discuss.

Yeah because week 2 of the season is a defining moment in Chad's career, and being ranked 6 after one week shows a lot. And you really need a new Stat, you beat the fur off that dead horse a long time ago.

::GoJets:

The Patriots won 3 SBs before they ever found a running game, I'd rather have our problem. If all the Pats have is a running game, we're going to win on Sunday. However, Brady never has 2 bad games in a row, so that's hard for me to say.

Maybe it's not Chad's fault but rather Hermy's fault. It's hard to win against good teams when you have a retard gameplanning your offense. I think Sunday will be a good litmus test for Chad. Now that he has good coaches behind him (although they're still very new and will get better) will he play better? I'll be listening in on the radio for my answer, and checking the game thread.

oh ye of little faith

Faith is a bigger b!tch than karma.

Serphnx: I'm just "trying" to be realistic. I don't want to blow a win over a bad football team like the Titans out of proportion.

I want the Jets to win this game very badly. To start the season 2-0 under the new regime after Turd would prove even more that all the hard work in training camp is paying off.

But....

They are going against a team that has owned them the past 3 years.

The Jets are going to just about have to play a perfect game to beat the Pats. Now I'm probably giving the 2006 Pats alot more credit then they deserve but they are the Pats and like you said they still have Brady.

I think the game will be competitive but I think the Pats will take control in the 4th qtr when they need to.

You mean like you guys creamed yourself after his performance last week?;)

Tx,

Go on record -- what will Chad's #'s look like this week? As we all know, I called his 300 yard game performance. So I will give you a clue and you can adjust as you see fit.

Penny's line this week:

22 - 29 for 242 yards. 2 TDs 1 Int

Not too bad against a Top 10 Defense. Oh wait, they are playing the Pats this weekend. Forget the Top 10 part.

Faith is a bigger b!tch than karma.

Serphnx: I'm just "trying" to be realistic. I don't want to blow a win over a bad football team like the Titans out of proportion.

I want the Jets to win this game very badly. To start the season 2-0 under the new regime after Turd would prove even more that all the hard work in training camp is paying off.

But....

They are going against a team that has owned them the past 3 years.

The Jets are going to just about have to play a perfect game to beat the Pats. Now I'm probably giving the 2006 Pats alot more credit then they deserve but they are the Pats and like you said they still have Brady.

I think the game will be competitive but I think the Pats will take control in the 4th qtr when they need to.

That's not what the posts are about. Me and you have different offensive philosophies. You seem to be a bit more from the traditional old school run approach (I don't want to insult you but, that is also Herm's approach) whereas I believe in a more pass oriented attack, akin to the Rams of the last 5 years, Niners of Old, the Eagles of the past 7 years, the Patriots of the last 5, etc. Sure, I want to run the ball sometimes, it just doesn't matter to me if we don't win from the run, under my philosophy, and I think it's the correct one, you get points from the air. You run just enough to keep the defense from teeing off on your QB, and you don't need too much yardage for that. I wouldn't mind starting the game off with two runs in a row, heck even 3, and going 3 and out, as long as we pass after that.

As it turns out, you're correct. This is a good opportunity to do such things.

I usually am.

If PennyBoy pulls off another performance like last week and comes away with a "W" on Sunday, I will be the first person in line to give him credit.

Remember, one games does not a season make (especially against a pathetic defense).;)

I usually am.

If PennyBoy pulls off another performance like last week and comes away with a "W" on Sunday, I will be the first person in line to give him credit.

Remember, one games does not a season make (especially against a pathetic defense).;)

Yeah that Jeff Fisher doesn't know anything about defense. It is a wonder he is still employed.

Yeah that Jeff Fisher doesn't know anything about defense. It is a wonder he is still employed.

He was dead wrong about CP not getting 300 vs the t!ts.

Gang Green gets them early in the season, and with the Pvssies coming off a sluggish game, where the Pus' O hasnt jelled yet, it is good timing. With a good week of practice, I give the Jets a fighting chance. The Pasts are ripe for the taking.

The Pasts are ripe for the taking.

Oh, here we go again.

Sounds just like last year's "The Pig is Ripe for Slaughter" threads.:eek:

How did that turn out?

The Jets finished 4-12 while the Pats (once again) won their 3rd straight AFCE title.

When will you guys learn to stop making these ridiculous predictions until the Jets can finally beat (or should I say, compete) with the Pats on the field?

Friggn' hilarious.

Archived