Just Believe

Latinlawyer

All Season the Mets have done things that we could not believe could be done.

We are without a top shelf starter (Glavs is a #2)

We won a game which Oliver Perez, a 3-13 pitcher, started.

We swept the Dodgers without a blink.

We ended the Braves run of NL East crowns.

We almost swept the Yanks in Yankee stadium.

Now is not the time to sweat but to celebrate. The Mets are playing game 6 in SHEA...not St. Louis. We can beat anyone...we just have to believe.

I have a feeling we get to a game 7 and then we will be rolling!!!!!

LL

GO METS!

I go into tonite's game with peace of mind.

Win, and it is an extra bonus and I get to se a game 7 and maybe beyond.

Lose, and I feel that this club got as far as it could concievably, with teh way it had to construct itself. Dissapointing sure, but with promise.

In 2000, I had the feeling that was going to be a one time fling. This time it is different and it feels like they are going to be more years like this and this team has yet to peak.

They could have done things differently to help themself, but I am at peace.

All Season the Mets have done things that we could not believe could be done.

We are without a top shelf starter (Glavs is a #2)

We won a game which Oliver Perez, a 3-13 pitcher, started.

We swept the Dodgers without a blink.

We ended the Braves run of NL East crowns.

We almost swept the Yanks in Yankee stadium.

Now is not the time to sweat but to celebrate. The Mets are playing game 6 in SHEA...not St. Louis. We can beat anyone...we just have to believe.

I have a feeling we get to a game 7 and then we will be rolling!!!!!

LL

GO METS!

2004patch.jpg

I for one will be rooting for you douches tonight. I want to see a game 7. It has been a good series and it would be nice to see both teams duke it out in a deciding game.

Douches? Ok, well I am sure the series has been enjoyable for the rest of the non-mets fans out there. I am hoping to go to a deciding Game 7. I think if we win game 6 then we will win game 7. In reality, I believe this game is Game 7 to the Cards...if they lose they will lose game 7.

LL

LET's GO Mets!!!!

Douches? Ok, well I am sure the series has been enjoyable for the rest of the non-mets fans out there. I am hoping to go to a deciding Game 7. I think if we win game 6 then we will win game 7. In reality, I believe this game is Game 7 to the Cards...if they lose they will lose game 7.

LL

LET's GO Mets!!!!

I disagree. Game 7 is game 7. Jeff Suppan pitched far more effectively in his 1st start than Jeff Suppan, and worse for us, we don't even KNOW who our Game 7 starter will be.

I think the series will make it to a 7th game after tonight. Beyond that, I really have no clue what will happen in Game 7.

I am pulling for the Mets. With one more big name starter I just think they could have won it all. If only there was something they could have done at the deadline.

Says the guy whose team got 2 2/3 innings out of Jaret Wright in it's elimination game. ;)

At the deadline- Pedro, Glavine and Duke was plenty enough to win it all.

Says the guy whose team got 2 2/3 innings out of Jaret Wright in it's elimination game. ;)

At the deadline- Pedro, Glavine and Duke was plenty enough to win it all.

Actually, at the deadline, Pedro was not even close to teh old Pedro of 2005. And the Mets knew he wasn't right.

There is a lot of validity to what Max is saying.

Actually, at the deadline, Pedro was not even close to teh old Pedro of 2005. And the Mets knew he wasn't right.

The Mets needs changed right at the deadline when Sanchez got injured is something that Minaya had to account for.

At the deadline the Mets fully expected a healthy Pedro. If you wanna talk valid baseball, explain your staff and it's quick exit from the play-offs AGAIN.

You guys crack me up....The Yanks have been golfing for 2 weeks and you want Arod, Torre, Randy, Sheffield,amongst other banished from the roster but you're going to critique the Mets moves.:confused:

MBN007, how many times do you need to hear that the Mets had a deal for OSWALT wrapped up before Balt backed out of sending Tejada to the Astros.

Trying to imply we didn't try and improve the pitching is simply not true.

At the deadline the Mets fully expected a healthy Pedro. If you wanna talk valid baseball, explain your staff and it's quick exit from the play-offs AGAIN.

You guys crack me up....The Yanks have been golfing for 2 weeks and you want Arod, Torre, Randy, Sheffield,amongst other banished from the roster but you're going to critique the Mets moves.:confused:

Yankees blew it this year. No one questions that. I am disappointed about what happened, but we move on.

Personally, I did not want Joe fired, except for a few frustrating moments after the series loss.

And I do not want A-Rod traded unless we get seious compensation in return. I can live with his 35+ HRs, 120+ RBIs and .290+ AVG. But it would be better for him if he were traded, as he can't win with teh NY media or fans unless the Yankees win a WS, and he delivers in the Postseason. But he is still one of the top players of All Time, and will re-write the record books before he is through. And you do not trade someone like that unless you get real value in return.

Sheffield? I wanted Vlad from day 1. Go check the posts on JI. Sheff is a fabulous hitter, but he is a Me-First player. I would rather part ways now, and get the 2 draft picks as compensation.

Randy? 34 wins in 2 years here is not bad. But he has not delivered either. Maybe he needs the lower back surgery, and that will relieve many of his problems. He seemd to have no control of his slider from August on. Maybe the back has something to do with it.

The Mets? Yeah, they need a stud pitcher, and all efforts should have been made at the deadline to get one. Personal opinion. We shall see if they have enough as it is.

But you can never tell me that you would rather Perez in a game 7 over a Zito. Or a Schmidt (if he really was available).

Yankees blew it this year. No one questions that. I am disappointed about what happened, but we move on.

Personally, I did not want Joe fired, except for a few frustrating moments after the series loss.

And I do not want A-Rod traded unless we get seious compensation in return. I can live with his 35+ HRs, 120+ RBIs and .290+ AVG. But it would be better for him if he were traded, as he can't win with teh NY media or fans unless the Yankees win a WS, and he delivers in the Postseason. But he is still one of the top players of All Time, and will re-write the record books before he is through. And you do not trade someone like that unless you get real value in return.

Sheffield? I wanted Vlad from day 1. Go check the posts on JI. Sheff is a fabulous hitter, but he is a Me-First player. I would rather part ways now, and get the 2 draft picks as compensation.

Randy? 34 wins in 2 years here is not bad. But he has not delivered either. Maybe he needs the lower back surgery, and that will relieve many of his problems. He seemd to have no control of his slider from August on. Maybe the back has something to do with it.

The Mets? Yeah, they need a stud pitcher, and all efforts should have been made at the deadline to get one. Personal opinion. We shall see if they have enough as it is.

But you can never tell me that you would rather Perez in a game 7 over a Zito. Or a Schmidt (if he really was available).

No you cant deny that...we would want zito or schimdt in there BUT the reality is that with one pitcher (Glavine) and three avg pitchers...(Maine, Ollie P and Trashel) we are at game 7 of the NLCS. We are what we are. However, we have won all year without pedro or a stud pitcher...hopefully we can continue onwards.

Make no mistake, Omar has led the ship the right way and I see many years of Mets Prosperity.

LL

Correct which is why a deal for Oswalt was all but made until the Birds changed their mind.

As for Zito, being we did not see him get traded, I again question his availability since he was leading a 1st place team at the time with WS aspirations of their own.

I am pulling for the Mets. With one more big name starter I just think they could have won it all. If only there was something they could have done at the deadline.

Max, are you STILL trying to say that overpaying for choke artist Zito would have been a smart decision?

While I didn't like the fact that the pitching staff was a big ? mark headed into August and ESPECIALLY into the postseason, its worked so far, hasnt it?

And besides, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel....EL DUQUE may be available for the World Series if they pull it out tonight.

Today, there is this Mets fan sitting next to me. He's about 52-53, been a Mets fan since the beginning. I believe his Father was a big time Giants fan, who was boiling mad when they moved. So the family sort of gravitated towards the Mets.

Anyway, I have never seen this guy so edgy. He can't sit still, he's flapping his arms all over, constantly moving in his seat, he is a basketcase, etc. You would think he has ants in his pants, watching him. Unreal. I told him to go home and relax. He was barely coherent.:confused: He did mention that he's so worried about the game tonight.

WOW. Some guys sure are taking this too hard.

Today, there is this Mets fan sitting next to me. He's about 52-53, been a Mets fan since the beginning. I believe his Father was a big time Giants fan, who was boiling mad when they moved. So the family sort of gravitated towards the Mets.

Anyway, I have never seen this guy so edgy. He can't sit still, he's flapping his arms all over, constantly moving in his seat, he is a basketcase, etc. You would think he has ants in his pants, watching him. Unreal. I told him to go home and relax. He was barely coherent.:confused: He did mention that he's so worried about the game tonight.

well you see the thing is , the pressure builds up after you get past the Wildcard series ;)

I sit near you?;)

Seriously, maybe I am taking it too seriously but I have been a complete mess all day. Can't focus, just keep thinking about what I'm going to do when I get to my seat in Shea later. My first game 7 and the anticipation is unparalleled.

Archived