Giants after Belichick?

nj meadowlands

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/12/29/truth.rumors.mlb/index.html

If Tom Coughlin is fired, a new Giants GM is needed in place as soon as possible. The in-house candidates have been interviewed, with director of player personnel Jerry Reese the favorite. Charley Casserly has been interviewed but is not considered to be a frontrunner. Some within the organization aren't sure if Scott Pioli's impressive track record with the Patriots is more about Bill Belichick's brilliance. -- New York Post

While the thought of a Bill Parcells reunion in the Meadowlands would certainly be enticing, the big rumor in league circles is that if Scott Pioli were hired by the Giants he would try to bring Bill Belichick with him. -- New York Daily News

Wow. That would be something. Belichick & Mangini in the same stadium year round and next year it's Jets @ Giants in the Regular Season. Boy that would make the New York rivalry grow wouldn't it?

That being said, I really don't see this happening baring a very strange happening.

The Giants are too classy of an organization to bring in a skum bag like Bill Belichik. The Acorsi and Mara families will not allow this.

Well Mara didn't like Bellichick when they could've hired him over Ray "The Tranny Monger" Handley. And may be it was because he was gettin' a lil'Shennocca at the office. As bad as this season has been and as good a coach as BB is, this is media stupidity. The Jints would lover to have Pioli, but the dislike the Mara family and whole organization have for Bellichcik is still there.

I thought I read somewhere that Kraft's son and BB didnt like eachother at all

You maybe thinking of "reports" (and I use that term loosely) by the Boston Herald that Kraft's wife isn't pleased with BB because of the home wrecker stuff flying around in the Herald and NY Post.

A far fetched as this rumor might seem to be, it might actually have some legs if you buy into the theory that Belichick, having gone through all of the front office wives up in New England, might be tempted to come back to New York if there were any worth doing down here.

A far fetched as this rumor might seem to be, it might actually have some legs if you buy into the theory that Belichick, having gone through all of the front office wives up in New England, might be tempted to come back to New York if there were any worth doing down here.

That should be POTW. You made me laugh out loud. I still have to agree though that BB wouldn't come here and be 2nd banana to Pioli when he has the power in NE.

The Giants are too classy of an organization to bring in a skum bag like Bill Belichik. The Acorsi and Mara families will not allow this.

Lol!

Maybe Belichek will do a Parcells, leave NE, coach the Giants for 3 years, trade away the best offensive player, retire and then come back 2 years later with some other team.

Ladies And Gentleman -- that is the POTW. If there ever was such a thing. Think about it. What should the ideal POTW contain? Football insight? Humor? Short and to the point? Huge shot at a fierce rival? Double word score for the Belichick insult.

I nominate this for POTW. And Post Of The Year.

:yahoo:

Ladies And Gentleman -- that is the POTW. If there ever was such a thing. Think about it. What should the ideal POTW contain? Football insight? Humor? Short and to the point? Huge shot at a fierce rival? Double word score for the Belichick insult.

I nominate this for POTW. And Post Of The Year.

:yahoo:

Not even close mate.

BB goes after the Jersey chicks.

Mass chicks wouldn't even give him the time of day!

Like bringing in the classy Shockey?;)

Shockey is a GREAT tight end.I wish the Jets had him.He is a top 5 tight end in the NFL.Like him or not he comes to play.Joe Namath portrayed the same image years ago.You obvioulsy do not know football to trully appreciate the complete package Shockey he BLOCKS and runs pass routes goes over the middle relentlessly.He came from a very RECOGNIZED program called MIAMI UNIVERSITY look around the league and notice ALL the SUCCESFUL Miami players.Then talk to me.

Shockey is a GREAT tight end.I wish the Jets had him.He is a top 5 tight end in the NFL.Like him or not he comes to play.Joe Namath portrayed the same image years ago.You obvioulsy do not know football to trully appreciate the complete package Shockey he BLOCKS and runs pass routes goes over the middle relentlessly.He came from a very RECOGNIZED program called MIAMI UNIVERSITY look around the league and notice ALL the SUCCESFUL Miami players.Then talk to me.

Shockey is a tool. And the U has produced so many thugs.

http://media.putfile.com/Jeremy-Shockmaster

Shockey is pretty solid, but lets not over do it

Maybe so but they are pretty succesful in the NFL.Like them or not they PLAY THE GAME. Shockey is a great tight end on the FIELD where the game is played.LIKE IT OR NOT.

And BB is a great coach on the FIELD, like it or not. See where you are wrong on the whole "classy" thing?

Shockey is a good TE. He plays hard. He might actually be a top 5 TE. But let's not make him something that he is not. A great TE. A typically Shockey year is 700 yards and 5 TDs. NICE. Not incredible but nice.

He will never live up to his hype. And he is not a team player. Sure he plays hard on gameday. But he has a young QB that doesn't happen to live in Miami. So how about working out with him in the offseason like the coach wants you to. Oh well maybe the next coach will have more luck with him.

Shockey is a good TE. He plays hard. He might actually be a top 5 TE. But let's not make him something that he is not. A great TE. A typically Shockey year is 700 yards and 5 TDs. NICE. Not incredible but nice.

He will never live up to his hype. And he is not a team player. Sure he plays hard on gameday. But he has a young QB that doesn't happen to live in Miami. So how about working out with him in the offseason like the coach wants you to. Oh well maybe the next coach will have more luck with him.

Agree with that 100%. If Shockey was only 1/3 as good as he himself thinks he is, he would be HOF material but he isnt. What he is is a loud mouth self promoting doofus. Him, Tiki, Strahan are coach killers.

Agree with that 100%. If Shockey was only 1/3 as good as he himself thinks he is, he would be HOF material but he isnt. What he is is a loud mouth self promoting doofus. Him, Tiki, Strahan are coach killers.

Good point -- That team is not very coachable. They are all media darlings which makes it even rougher. I realize he is a TE but somebody wake me when Shockey gets near 1,000 yards.

Archived