Saban quits....BY PHONE

SoFlaJets

weasel....I told you Hank Goldberg said he was on a plane

His staff had been packing for two days. There was no way he was coming back after the instability that he created with the news. I am glad that Miami will once again be looking to rebuild its coaching staff. Is Kotite available?

After repeated denials, Saban takes Bama job

ESPN.com news services

Nick Saban has accepted an offer from Alabama to coach the Crimson Tide and left the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday, two weeks after declaring "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

nfl_i_saban_195.jpg

Jeff Zelevansky/Icon SMI

Saban will return to the SEC, where he won a national championship with LSU .

Saban told team owner Wayne Huizenga of his intentions via telephone and then informed all of his coaches by speakerphone that he was leaving to accept the Alabama position, a source told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Alabama made its formal offer to Saban on Monday after rumors swirled for weeks that the Crimson Tide were pursuing the former LSU coach. The offer, believed to run from eight to 10 years, is worth $35 million to $40 million, and includes many variables, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Monday.

Saban had issued repeated denials that he was interested in coaching at Alabama, one of the most high-profile and high-pressure college coaching jobs in the country. He leaves the Dolphins with three years left on a deal worth approximately $4.5 million a year.

Alabama began looking for a coach after firing Mike Shula on Nov. 27. The Tide finished the season 6-7, losing to Oklahoma State in the Independence Bowl.

On Tuesday, Saban asked for and recevied more time from Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga to make a decision.

Huizenga remained optimistic Tuesday that Saban would return to Miami, and gave him until 10 a.m. Wednesday to make a decision.

"I'm hoping he's leaning on staying," Huizenga was quoted as saying in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "I like Nick a lot and hope he's going to stay. I'm not upset. You just have to play this thing through."

Huizenga has said he received repeated assurances from Saban late in the season that he would return in 2007. And Saban issued frequent public denials of interest in moving to Tuscaloosa, such as on Dec. 21, when he said: "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach.

Talk about leaving a team and franchise in the dirt. He showed no respect for the team, players, fans, or the team owner leaving the way he did. What an A$$ hole. 2 years into a 5 year contract and you walk. What a pu$$y!!

I hearby wish nothing but the worst for the Crimson Tide under Dick Saban. May they never go to a bowl game and never have another winning season untill he leaves.

Crimson Tide... Sounds like a damn maxi pad commercial.

Talk about leaving a team and franchise in the dirt. He showed no respect for the team, players, fans, or the team owner leaving the way he did. What an A$$ hole. 2 years into a 5 year contract and you walk. What a pu$$y!!

I hearby wish nothing but the worst for the Crimson Tide under Dick Saban. May they never go to a bowl game and never have another winning season untill he leaves.

Since they won a championship with gene Stallings, Bama has been a graveyard for coaching careers. This is beyond Al Groh going home with not much being expected beyond being competitive every year and a bowl win now an then. Be careful what you wish for, because the expectations are now raised way beyond where they started. And winning the SEC is no ground ball.

I don't understand how a guy can quit via phone. It's not right; it's testicleless. A man doesn't act that way.

I feel sorry for you Dolfans. Really I do. You just got **** on.

Hopefully your next coach will purge the hell out of Ricky and Daunte and all the other Nicky mistakes and start again.

BZ

I feel sorry for you Dolfans. Really I do. You just got **** on.

Hopefully your next coach will purge the hell out of Ricky and Daunte and all the other Nicky mistakes and start again.

BZ

Total $hitbag.

We get Ricky back at vet minimum. I say we keep him. Daunte... Gone. We take a cap hit, but we would be paying him to do nothing anyway. Every part of the Dolphins needs evaluating and upgrading. QB, O-line, D-line, secondary etc...

It's a very big hole BZ, and the new Dolphins coach will need a BIG shovel.

Total $hitbag.

We get Ricky back at vet minimum. I say we keep him. Daunte... Gone. We take a cap hit, but we would be paying him to do nothing anyway. Every part of the Dolphins needs evaluating and upgrading. QB, O-line, D-line, secondary etc...

Bro let's get an offensive minded coach this time.

Since they won a championship with gene Stallings, Bama has been a graveyard for coaching careers. This is beyond Al Groh going home with not much being expected beyond being competitive every year and a bowl win now an then. Be careful what you wish for, because the expectations are now raised way beyond where they started. And winning the SEC is no ground ball.

I don't understand how a guy can quit via phone. It's not right; it's testicleless. A man doesn't act that way.

Waasn't Saban a protege of Blechek also? So, he quit on the Fish just like BB did to teh Jets. Same tasteless manner.

At least Pat Riley used a fax machine. ;)

Total $hitbag.

You've done a lot of trash talking this year, you have no sympathy from me. I hope you go 4-12 the rest of the way out for years! Your 4 wins will break down like this: 2 vs. Pats, 2 vs. Bills.

You've done a lot of trash talking this year, you have no sympathy from me. I hope you go 4-12 the rest of the way out for years! Your 4 wins will break down like this: 2 vs. Pats, 2 vs. Bills.

And I hope your fag Jets get creamed this weekend and never win another game. A$$ hole.

And I hope your fag Jets get creamed this weekend and never win another game. A$$ hole.

LOL, you come onto a Jets board and then cry when people want your team to lose? Are you retarded? Do I need to show all the posts you've made this year telling us our team sucks? Loser.

Saban quit because he got sick of coaching a team with a fanbase of losers like you. I would quit too, I wouldn't be able to stand it!! HAHA!!!

Jets 3

Raiders 31

It was a good hit. That is what good linebackers do, but I would'nt expect a Jets fan to know what a good linebacker does.

Too bad Vilma can't hit like that.

Alright... Everybody supports their team. I think your dumb because you think the Jets are gonna win. You think i'm dumb because I think my Dolphins are gonna win. We all blindly follow our teams, that's the way it works.

All of the players and coachs want to win for their team. This is what end of the year divisional football is all about. Exciting.

Dolphins 23

Jests 0

Oh no, taking the Gay Green out of the playoffs is "something to play for". To see you Jet fags walk out of Dolphins Stadium with your heads hanging low will make my season. Everything that has happened this year would be worth it.

They should build it in the shape of an L for "loser".

Jets 0

Vikings 55

Bills 4

Jets 3

The Jets were supposed to be 0-16. And I never said they did'nt have talent, I just said they were a bunch a$$ clowns. And by the way, the seasons not over yet, we could still end up with a better record.;)

I wish nothing bu the worst for Miami. **** them! I love it.:yahoo:

I think he has picked us to lose every single game this year, and now he's all angry at me, I love it.

Archived