My sermon:

Garb

From a "massh*le":

I will not speak for the entire Patriots fanbase, but I will speak for myself:

I too think that TX showing up after a weeks absence is not cool. Sorry TX - whatever your reasons, your timing sux.

Anyway, as a Pats fan "massh*le," the current streak of glory does not go unappreciated - I will revel in it. I went through years of garbage. I feel like my loyalty has been rewarded. The past five years have far exceeded my wildest dreams. It won't last forever. I am well aware of this fact. I will, however, enjoy it. Can you blame me?

However, I try to be very respectful to all of you. I understand that as a Pats fan on a Jets board - going overboard on Jets bashing is in poor taste. I do think healthy debate and good-natured ribbing is good though (entertaining). That's why I am here instead of the homer love-fest that is Patsfans.com.

Both Jets fans and Pats fans are well versed in crap luck. Pats have had a streak of some good lately. Jets fans time will come. With Mangini as your HC - you are well on your way.....you made the playoff's after people predicted a 4 win season 'fer crissakes!

Finally, I've made some good freinds via this site. I wouldn't trade those for anything in the world. I certainly would not wish any ill on any of you, your players or your coaches had the Pats lost. That you can take to the bank.

BTW - if some of you regard this post as "arrogant" - so be it. I come in peace.

Congratulations on a great season. It was fun. Lots of fun. (....and the Pats will most likely lose to SD...and all will be well at Jetnation.com) :)

Hey Garb. As a Pats fan I just had a quick question. I was talking to a friend yesterday and said that without Brady I think the Pats are about a .500 club. He thinks that they would keep on rolling due to the genious that is BB.

Just wondering what you would see the pats doing without Brady.

From a "massh*le":

I too think that TX showing up after a weeks absence is not cool. Sorry TX - whatever your reasons, your timing sux.

Anyway, as a Pats fan "massh*le," the current streak of glory does not go unappreciated - I will revel in it. I went through years of garbage. I feel like my loyalty has been rewarded. The past five years have far exceeded my wildest dreams. It won't last forever. I am well aware of this fact. I will, however, enjoy it. Can you blame me?

However, I try to be very respectful to all of you. I understand that as a Pats fan on a Jets board - going overboard on Jets bashing is in poor taste. I do think healthy debate and good-natured ribbing is good though (entertaining). That's why I am here instead of the homer love-fest that is Patsfans.com.

Both Jets fans and Pats fans are well versed in crap luck. Pats have had a streak of some good lately. Jets fans time will come. With Mangini as your HC - you are well on your way.....you made the playoff's after people predicted a 4 win season 'fer crissakes!

Finally, I've made some good freinds via this site. I wouldn't trade those for anything in the world. I certainly would not wish any ill on any of you, your players or your coaches had the Pats lost. That you can take to the bank.

BTW - if some of you regard this post as "arrogant" - so be it. I come in peace.

Congratulations on a great season. It was fun. Lots of fun. (....and the Pats will most likely lose to SD...and all will be well at Jetnation.com) :)

Garb,

Don't know what to say. But you just nailed it. Totally.

Here is the thing about Garb -- she is fair. If she is arguing a point, typically it is because she believes what she is saying. That is a big difference. When her team tanks she is not a blind homer like we have all been told that we are.

The Pats run has been out of this world. I agree with the editorial on the front page now -- I wish the run was over. But they are still alive. The Pats fans should definitely enjoy it.

All we ask if they demonstrate 40% class when doing so. :P

Hey Garb. As a Pats fan I just had a quick question. I was talking to a friend yesterday and said that without Brady I think the Pats are about a .500 club. He thinks that they would keep on rolling due to the genious that is BB.

Just wondering what you would see the pats doing without Brady.

BB and Brady go hand in hand. One would not work without the other. I truly believe that. The defense would always be competetive - but Brady is what makes that whole thing work. Your friend, in my opinion, is dead wrong.

Congrats on the good run the team is having. The Pats have had quite a few bad years prior to the Brady era, and those bad years were probably made worse by the really dumb looking logo at the time.

We feel your pain and congratulate you on the improvements all the way around.

I knew there was a reason they gave women the right to post. Well said, Garb. Even if you are a darned dirty Pats fan and a wishy washy Sox fan. I at least like half of you. That half yet to be determined.

Haven't you heard? I've disowned the Sox. Seriously. I was discussing that very fact with Greengal yesterday. Told her why. I'm serious - screw the Red Sox, the Globe- who are Sox owners and try to jam Sox news down my throat, screw Dan Shaughnessy and the filthy Sox F.O.

F-the Pats

Nuke that shiiithole for all I care

You do know that if they nuke that sh*thole - and I was in attendance - that I would be dead. Wouldn't yah all miss me? :) LOL!

No thanks on the Gun's thing.....no offense Guns.....I'm happy with what I have going on now.

Garb, you are a classy fan. You know how to have fun and stir the pot, sure. But you have always been objective, IMO.

And you have every right to be prideful and overjoyed. We all would be doing the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

Congrats!

From a "massh*le":

This post is Hot Garb, J/k your are right for the most part about fans in general and how they feel about their teams , But the statement above kinda bothers me a bit .I had a talk with a Jet fan at the Maimi game about this "Jets time will come ,you are well on your way" .......Will it come ? Are they on their way? I don't believe so and here is my reason , Being that the Pats and jets are in the same Division I don't think the Jets will win one in my life time b/c the Pats have won 3 out of the last 5 SB's and to think that the Jets can bring one back to the AFCE is highly unlikely.

Also the NFL ,Who I really think hates the Jets b/c we are never talked about ,never really shown on Football Programs .I just feel that the NFL will never let the Jets get another one b/c the pats have won so many of them in a short amount of time.The way the NFL is with teams like the Colts and Pats ,you almost feel like there is Favortism for guys and teams like this .How about Joey porter saying the REFS were trying to take the game from them last year against the colts and almost did.If Vanderjac makes that Fg they win the game .Sorry to be such a Negitive Creep but this kinda stuff does make you wonder??????

garb is all that and a bag of chips!! :D

she was a delightful hostess and protected me..!

LOL... the only time i was physically harrassed ( and frankly that surprised me since most of the fans were not bad) was when she was not around.

she is a classy fan.

i still cant root for the patsies... in fact i look forward to rooting for LT next week ;) but given that...

garb rocks!!!

garb is all that and a bag of chips!! :D

she was a delightful hostess and protected me..!

LOL... the only time i was physically harrassed ( and frankly that surprised me since most of the fans were not bad) was when she was not around.

she is a classy fan.

i still cant root for the patsies... in fact i look forward to rooting for LT next week ;) but given that...

garb rocks!!!

I felt like your mommie. Making sure "shortie" was holding on to the hood of my jacket as we made our way through the crowd.

Your awesome Bumbelina! It was great spending the day with you and Nancy.

I remember Garb and PFSIKH being on an un-named Jets messageboard years ago, when the Patsies were pure crap and the Jets seemed to be on an upswing. They're alright.

Bandwagon--hopppers from Texas, on the other hand...

This season was great. Jets VS Pats three times. It was a great game, lots of drama, I thought it was officiated fairly. I really don't know why people want to dog each other over the laundry they got on.

It's just a game, really.

See you next year, Garby! :toot:

This season was great. Jets VS Pats three times. It was a great game, lots of drama, I thought it was officiated fairly. I really don't know why people want to dog each other over the laundry they got on.

It's just a game, really.

See you next year, Garby! :toot:

Here, here! I have enough going in real life - an extended football season is a nice diversion - and that is it. I'm not defined by it. Honestly - some people!

Archived