Question for the $ experts

lancemehl

It would be a great off-season just if we were able to get both Banta-Cain and one of the two top corners in Samuel or Clements.

what I really like about the idea 124 is those two guys had the best day against us Sunday...like someone said above...addition by subtraction.Didn't Steinbrenner used to do that kind of stuff GET the players that used to beat you?

what I really like about the idea 124 is those two guys had the best day against us Sunday...like someone said above...addition by subtraction.Didn't Steinbrenner used to do that kind of stuff GET the players that used to beat you?

I don't like that idea at all. Didn't we think we were doing that with Justin McCareins? Oh, this guy absolutely toasted us on a deep fade on MNF, let's bring him on. THAT worked...

If we bring in Tully Banta-Cain, we had a great offseason?

LOL, you guys are insane. Tully Banta-Cain is so awesome that the Pats lured a 70-year old LBer out of retirement during training camp so he wouldn't have to start. That is quite a ringing endorsement.

Get Samuel and Thomas and it is a great offseason. Anything less would be uncivilized.

I don't like that idea at all. Didn't we think we were doing that with Justin McCareins? Oh, this guy absolutely toasted us on a deep fade on MNF, let's bring him on. THAT worked...

actually 8-0...JMac was considered a pretty good bet notwithstanding (there's a word I never used before) what he did to us on that Monday nighter.I think he caught like 47 passes that year and set an NFL record with % of receptions going for 1st downs-43 if my memory serves me right

I want 2 of these 3 guys;

1:Assante Samuel

2:Tully Banta-Cain

3:Nate Clements

is Dyson gone?News on him hasn't gotten to me yet.lol

I know people disagree,but I think J Miller can be our starting corner.

If I could sign 2 guys,It would be A.Thomas and Rod Coleman

Sperm who would you be looking to sign? Im curious to see your opinion on who you we should bring in here.

Well, it depends on a couple of things, but with the least amount of change (assuming Mangini was pleased with Clemens' development as a rookie, and also assuming he wants to keep Vilma): * = biggest priority. The rest, see what the $ demands are. If they're ridiculous, build through the draft here.

*CB Asante Samuel (no-brainer if he's not franchised). He'll be expensive

*OG (1) Chris Dielman; (2) Eric Steinbach; (3) Derrick Dockery; in order of preference. Definitely need an experienced OG.

DE Cory Redding (unless we plan on drafting Carriker in round 1 - he may not last to #37)

NT Terdell Sands (but it depends on price. I don't really even know how good he is, only that he's enormous)

WR3/4 Shaun McDonald

OLB Tully Banta-Cain = if we can get reasonable; otherwise I think they're going to re-sign Hobson.

TE Daniel Graham

I don't think they'll go after Adalius Thomas. Just a gut feeling somehow.

Now PERSONALLY, what would I do? Add to this list: trade Vilma for a minimum of the #15 overall pick (should be higher).

Two firsts, two seconds.

Round 1 = Marshawn Lynch + [Levi Jones or Justin Blalock or Adam Carriker]

Round 2-3 = (top 3 avail. of) Adam Carriker / Justin Blalock / Brian Leonard / Trent Edwards / Manuel Ramirez / Matt Spaeth

IDEAL: (FA ; rookie)

QB = Chad / Clemens / Edwards(2) / (other)

HB = Lynch(1) / Leon / Houston

FB/H-back = Leonard(2) / Pociask or that other guy (Hodgins?)

TE = Baker / Ryan / (Dearth)

WR = Coles / Cotchery / McDonald / B.Smith / day 2 rookie

LT = Brick

LG = Dielman

C = Mangold

RG = Kendall (move him over) / Ramirez(3)

RT = Levi or Blalock(1)

DE = Ellis / Redding / Carriker(2) / BH or VonSuckass

NT = DRob / Moore / Tui / the other loser from the '04 draft. Pick 2.

OLB = Thomas / Banta-Cain / Hobson / Chatham

ILB = Hobson / Barton / Kassell / Schlegel (hope hope hope he doesn't still suck)

CB = Samuel / Dyson / Barrett or Miller / D.Coleman

FS = Rhodes / E.Coleman / R.Washington

SS = Smith (hopefully he's ready to start by then) / E.Coleman / day 2 rookie

(It may be wishful thinking that either Carriker OR Edwards is there in rd 2. Obviously only 1 of them.)

Anyway, I haven't spent hours (let alone days) going over this stuff yet. Just an idea and it's still 2 mos before FA starts.

I don't know about that. Seems like a player who can certainly do more than 1 thing well, and is clearly selfless. Sounds like a Mangini kind of guy to a tee.

He strikes me as the prototypical college player. Definitely is a character guy, but I don't know if he'll be able to block in the NFL.

And I can't wait til he tries to jump over an NFL defender and receives a tombstone piledriver

we can afford any player we want

Can you?

Most reports are saying the average team is going to have 20 million+ in available cap space. With the Cardinals having $67 million available according to one source. The average available two years ago was 4.5 million.

If Assante hits the FA market, he is going to cost alot. It is not like the Jets are the only team with money and in need of a young CB. Even the Patriots are reportedely to have 25-30 million available.

For all the Deoin Branch detractors that screamed he is not worth 6 million per, they might find by next year that will be a bargin price.

Now PERSONALLY, what would I do? Add to this list: trade Vilma for a minimum of the #15 overall pick (should be higher).

Two firsts, two seconds.

Round 1 = Marshawn Lynch + [Levi Jones or Justin Blalock or Adam Carriker]

Round 2-3 = (top 3 avail. of) Adam Carriker / Justin Blalock / Brian Leonard / Trent Edwards / Manuel Ramirez / Matt Spaeth

i think trading vilma is a bad idea. he had a tough year but is an invredible worker and will bounce back next season. i also think that if you put a big body in front of him it would drastically improve his play.

Am I the only one that thinks Clements > Samuel?

I like Clements better too but rumor is he's gonna get the franchise tag. Samuel has a nose for the ball but is by no means a shut down corner for which he will probably be paid. Watch the Pats waive him goodbye and that will tell a lot.

Am I the only one that thinks Clements > Samuel?

Nah, you're not. The problem with Clements is that he will more expensive and he may want to end up with Greg Williams in Washington because you know Daniel Synder will be throwing big money around at him and Samuel.

Archived