UNIFORMS ... Same, Old, or New?

JoeWillie

OK, it's kind of slow around here, so I'm going to throw out a brainless question only because I'm interested in how Jet fans feel about our uniforms ...

If you had your choice, would you ...

1) Stay with the current uniform & helmet design?

2) Go back to the design of the '80's, with the green helmet and white Jets inscription with the little jet over it?

3) Go back to the '90's design, similar to the 80's only with the black incorporated into it?

4) Design completely new uniforms and helmet design?

Thoughts?

OK, it's kind of slow around here, so I'm going to throw out a brainless question only because I'm interested in how Jet fans feel about our uniforms ...

If you had your choice, would you ...

1) Stay with the current uniform & helmet design?

2) Go back to the design of the '80's, with the green helmet and white Jets inscription with the little jet over it?

3) Go back to the '90's design, similar to the 80's only with the black incorporated into it?

4) Design completely new uniforms and helmet design?

Thoughts?

#1 is a no-brainer. 2 and 3 look like retro attempts at a future look that now look like dogshiit like space mountain in 2002.

Those green pants are simply atrocious. Parcells was right to bring us back to the original jerseys, with adding forest green instead of kelly green.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Maybe Parcells can "consult" with Tangini about the green pants.

If he can talk them out of using them, then he did his job well.

Maybe Parcells can "consult" with Tangini about the green pants.

If he can talk them out of using them, then he did his job well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I know Parcells brought back the original uni's which I was very happy about.

But weren't the green pants a "Herm initiative"?

One more reason to dislike him.

If they wanted to do a retro weekend like the Bills do once or twice a year I would have no problem with that. Breaking out the old 1978-1989 version (Please make sure the Jets are wearing green jerseys though) I think would be okay.

Just none of those Coslet years jersey with the black trim. Those sucked.

If they wanted to do a retro weekend like the Bills do once or twice a year I would have no problem with that. Breaking out the old 1978-1989 version (Please make sure the Jets are wearing green jerseys though) I think would be okay.

Just none of those Coslet years jersey with the black trim. Those sucked.

Couldn't agree more. Hated the black.

I do wish the Jets would go back to the white cleats though, like most of them wore in the 70's. Also liked the three/quarter sleeves they wore during the 68, 69,70 seasons. The shoulder design was a little different than it is now with the stripes going all the way around the arm as oppsed to stoping at the chest.

keep the same uni's. green pants I like, green facemask is a must to stay. I dont know why there is such a dislike for the green pants. If anything get rid of those stupid black cleats. go back to white.

Disagree. White cleats suck, this isnt soccer.

keep the same uni's. green pants I like, green facemask is a must to stay. I dont know why there is such a dislike for the green pants. If anything get rid of those stupid black cleats. go back to white.

Green Pants + Green Jersey = AWFUL !!!

Green Pants + White Jersey = okay I can live with it

White Pants + White Jersey = Good

They looked like a freakin cucumber with the all green.

I'd like to see them wear their black alternate jerseys that they, for some reason, sell but have never wore in a game. I wouldn't have a problem with them wearing black for one game a year or so.

Rush Limbaugh might.

I'm one of the few who liked the mid 90's jerseys, I'd like to see them bring them back once or twice.

But only once or twice. Keep what we have, just ditch the green pants.

I'd like to see them wear their black alternate jerseys that they, for some reason, sell but have never wore in a game. I wouldn't have a problem with them wearing black for one game a year or so.

but black unis are hotter and so are red and it doesn't matter than kansas city adopts the motto "SEE RED" for chiefs home games to intimidate visiting teams i think we should break tradition and go with white unis because i spent 12 hrs carefully considering this when i should've been planning a defensive scheme but oooohhh boy we'll be cool when we lose the opener. oh, wait... thought this was a dig at herm.

I like the current unis, as long as they don't wear green jerseys and green pants at the same time.

Home: Green jersey, white pants.

Road: White jersey, green pants.

I love that color, and btw I think we have one of the classiest unis in the league.

but black unis are hotter and so are red and it doesn't matter than kansas city adopts the motto "SEE RED" for chiefs home games to intimidate visiting teams i think we should break tradition and go with white unis because i spent 12 hrs carefully considering this when i should've been planning a defensive scheme but oooohhh boy we'll be cool when we lose the opener. oh, wait... thought this was a dig at herm.

Even being as incoherent as that, you'll probably still get a POTW NOM from SJ....

I would be in favor of switching back to the uniforms of the late 70's-late 90's and yes I know the color of the facemask and a few stripes here and there were different but they were basically the same damn thing.

How did a thread asking about uniforms come back to Herm, again?!?!?

Oh yeah. The green pants.

Blame JetMo. The fact there's a Herm bashing thread on the first page, just causes the anti-Hermness to ooze out to contaminate other threads.

Kind of like toxic waste, only worse. At least you can get rid of toxic waste legally.

Joe Namath actually is the one who suggested going away from the all green stuff-he told Parcells it made the players blend in with the field and made them seem smaller-I agree-stay with what we have maybe a game a year in the 80's style helmets

Archived