What are u listening to right now?

How 'bout a little Satch?

Joe has a good old wank for the first 2 minutes, then the song kicks in.

Good ol wank at the end too.

Dixie Dregs bass player Dave LaRue on stage with him.

Jeff Campeletti on drums.

Great song!!!

Edited by vanDoug
  • Upvote 1

Staying with Dream Theater, here's a fun high energy piece that opened the Metropolis 2000 - Scenes From NY tour. Saw it in LA.

That entire album is sick...it's something you gotta listen to in its entirety at one time to fully appreciate. The Dance of Eternity is awesome...all the time signature changes, random ragtime thrown in, etc...must require a ton of skill to play.

Doug, you ever check out Liquid Tension Experiment? It's Portnoy, Rudess, and Petrucci from Dream Theater with Tony Levin of King Crimson on the bass and chapman stick. All instrumental prog rock stuff, but they experiment/improvise a lot more. (Check out Three Minute Warning for a solid half-hour long improv.)

Doug, you ever check out Liquid Tension Experiment? It's Portnoy, Rudess, and Petrucci from Dream Theater with Tony Levin of King Crimson on the bass and chapman stick. All instrumental prog rock stuff, but they experiment/improvise a lot more. (Check out Three Minute Warning for a solid half-hour long improv.)

War. Natch I have the LTE stuff. Great. Also the Liquid Trio Experiment (without Petrucci) Now that Portnoy has left DT, dunno what will happen to any of these side projects. They've also released this insane boxed set that includes every note I think they've recorded. A bit much maybe, don't have that.

War. Natch I have the LTE stuff. Great. Also the Liquid Trio Experiment (without Petrucci) Now that Portnoy has left DT, dunno what will happen to any of these side projects. They've also released this insane boxed set that includes every note I think they've recorded. A bit much maybe, don't have that.

I think they're planning some sort of side project between Rudess, Petrucci, and Marco Minnemann (one of the drummers who auditioned for the new spot). Maybe they'll add Levin along and make a new LTE. Rudess also has some cool solo stuff, an album Notes on a Dream which is a bunch of DT songs played on just the piano.

I think they're planning some sort of side project between Rudess, Petrucci, and Marco Minnemann (one of the drummers who auditioned for the new spot). Maybe they'll add Levin along and make a new LTE. Rudess also has some cool solo stuff, an album Notes on a Dream which is a bunch of DT songs played on just the piano.

Very familiar with Jordan Rudess. First when he was a brief member of the Dixie Dregs (1994-ish)filling in for T Lavitz who was ailing. He was so new to the material that he was reading it on stage as he played. Had this little light over a music stand on his keys. Then the Rudess Morgenstein Project. Just Jordan and Dregs drumer Rod Morgenstein. A little suprised when he took the DT gig, but it's worked out well for him. Jordan's Feeding the Wheel record is a goody.

I understand Mike Mangini got the DT drumming gig. I've seen Mike with Steve Vai. Kickass drummer. Should fit well with DT.

Edited by vanDoug