What are u listening to right now?

I'm on a full-bore 1990's nostalgia kick right now, buying up songs and albums I never bothered to buy back in the day of alt-rock and grunge from that era.  While I already owned alot of, for example, Alice in Chains, I never owned any Soundgarden albums or any of the one-off songs of that era (all massively overplayed on radio back then, lol).

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Since some of us are in a 90s vibe and I'm out working in Santa Monica this afternoon. Here goes

My preferred genres are classic rock, fusion and jazz ... but I will admit this was catchy ... 

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

"Can't wait!"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/becoming-led-zeppelin-sony-pictures-classics-1235021218/

‘Becoming Led Zeppelin’: First-Ever Authorized Doc About Band Acquired by Sony Pictures Classics
""The energy of the story, and the power of the music, is phenomenal," Jimmy Page says of long-awaited "hybrid docu-concert film"

BY DANIEL KREPS

MAY 15, 2024

FIVE YEARS AFTER the first-ever authorized documentary about Led Zeppelin was first announced — and nearly three years after it premiered at the Venice Film Festival — the long-awaited film is finally preparing to take flight to the big screen.

Sony Pictures Classics announced Wednesday that it has acquired Becoming Led Zeppelin, a “hybrid docu-concert film” directed by Bernard MacMahon and made with the full cooperation of the band.

The documentary features new interviews with Zeppelin’s surviving member Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, who each granted filmmakers unprecedented access to their archives, including never-before-heard interviews with late drummer John Bonham.

Becoming Led Zeppelin also boasts unseen concert footage from the band, including their early performances at the Fillmore West in January 1969, the Atlanta Pop Festival in July 1969, and the Texas Pop Festival in August 1969; a snippet of an early “Good Times Bad Times” from the documentary was released back in 2021.

The project, co-written by MacMahon and Allison McGourty in 2019, and two years later a rough-cut was screened at the Venice Film Festival. “When I saw the early cut of the film premiered, at the Venice Film Festival, it was amazing,” Page said in a new statement. “The energy of the story, and the power of the music, is phenomenal.”

MacMahon added, “We have spent years designing this film to be experienced on the big screen with the best possible sound.” No release date has yet been scheduled.

Sony Pictures Classics said in a statement, “We loved this film from the first moment we saw it. It has been nothing short of extraordinary to witness the organic process Bernard, Allison, and their team have taken to sculpt what has turned out to be THE definitive film on the origins of Led Zeppelin. We are honored to be working with such committed artists who have crafted a film that immediately transports you right into the energy and excitement of that time. It seamlessly weaves astonishing performances, archival footage, and interviews through superb editing and impeccable sound design. This film is a grand theatrical experience, and we are very proud to be bringing it to the world.”

• Upvote 1

I am at my house in Croatia and there’s really annoying guy actually turned to something fantastic. If you’re a big iron maiden fan, you’ve definitely got a check this out. It’s a correlation vocal group and the only thing they do is iron maiden interpretations. There are no instruments at all. I liked it so much and went to see if I could catch them being that they’re only like two hours away from here, but these mother efforts are all over Europe and all the festivals for the next few months. 

9 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I am at my house in Croatia and there’s really annoying guy actually turned to something fantastic. If you’re a big iron maiden fan, you’ve definitely got a check this out. It’s a correlation vocal group and the only thing they do is iron maiden interpretations. There are no instruments at all. I liked it so much and went to see if I could catch them being that they’re only like two hours away from here, but these mother efforts are all over Europe and all the festivals for the next few months. 

Extremely talented but I just can't get totally into it without the trademark twin guitars and riffs that make Hallowed Be Thy Name so epic. I did enjoy it but I kept doing the guitar parts in my head, lol.

I saw Maiden at Radio City Music Hall back in 1984. They used some of the show for Live After Death. Queensyche opened. What a show.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Extremely talented but I just can't get totally into it without the trademark twin guitars and riffs that make Hallowed Be Thy Name so epic. I did enjoy it but I kept doing the guitar parts in my head, lol.

I saw Maiden at Radio City Music Hall back in 1984. They used some of the show for Live After Death. Queensyche opened. What a show.

I was there! 2nd row center. Jeoff tate took my cute gfs hand and sang to her.

about 3 or 4 months before that gig i talked to bruce dickenson on the phone. Woke him up at 8 am at his hotel. He was very nice to me at 16

• Upvote 1