Vilma/Coles and pick #25 for pick #2?

BoomBoomMancini

How does this happen?

from Who's online:

Guest 6:42 p.m. Modifying Password

They must have just created or are in the middle of creating a username... I saw a few guests listed as "registering" thats good..

If we're going to part with Vilma, I'd rather trade him even-up for a pick around #10. Day one picks would be:

~#10 overall (Branch or Carriker)

#25 overall (Blalock)

#37 overall (Spencer)

#57 overall (Bush, if he's there, or DeOssie)

#89 overall (Ramirez)

Build up the OL and front-seven. And best to do it in the draft. This is what winners do. The quick and the dead think that 1 marquis draft pick instead of 3 very good ones, AND the cap space for another starting-caliber player, is what gets you a ring.

Why trade two established players to be able to draft a guy who broke his collar bone because he felt the need to show off and dive into the endzone? Doesn't sound like he fits the mold that Mangini is looking for.

Talented?

If I hadn't disabled my rep, I would give you some more red bars

FYI..just because it's disabled doesn't mean you can't give him more rep..it just means you don't show yours..help yourself..give it to him!;)

The Lions... they have the cap space, I suppose. Coles would go great with Roy and Furrey. And, Vilma would look great in the Tampa 43 they run. It'd be a great trade for both teams.. if Jets fans can stand aside and see that they need that playmaker that everyone's been talking about. And, it's not as if the Jets can't trade down and pick up more picks, either.

If we're going to part with Vilma, I'd rather trade him even-up for a pick around #10. Day one picks would be:

~#10 overall (Branch or Carriker)

#25 overall (Blalock)

#37 overall (Spencer)

#57 overall (Bush, if he's there, or DeOssie)

#89 overall (Ramirez)

Build up the OL and front-seven. And best to do it in the draft. This is what winners do. The quick and the dead think that 1 marquis draft pick instead of 3 very good ones, AND the cap space for another starting-caliber player, is what gets you a ring.

The Panthers at pick # 14 could really use a MLB like Vilma. I am not so sure about the teams picking 10 - 13.

I can't believe anyone would like the sounds of that. We would lose a great linebacker who would not be replacable in either f.a. or the draft ,our best w.r., and not have a 1st round pick in a draft that is very shallow talent wise to begin with , and would end up with what - calvin instead of coles and still no running back while dealing an almost lethal blow to a defense that cant withstand one? Or go running back and get peterson while still doing the same damage to the defense - forfeiting our pick and then relying on cotchery to become our #1 w.r. without anybody reliable on the depth chart behind him? PEOPLE ACTUALLY SAID THEY WOULNT MIND THAT!!!!!!! :shutit: Man you have got to be kidding me. That is possibly the worst and most ridiculous idea I have ever heard. It's sheer insanity is what it is.

Give our entire season and possibly the next 2 or 3 a great big :Nuts: , thats what that would do! Our best linebacker, one of the leagues best receivers and a first round pick for a guy who may not produce in the pros like he did in college. Thats MAD!

Really want to see the team get better? Sign r.b. TRAVIS HENRY IMMEDIATELY. Do everything possable to then sign dante stallwoth and let him compete with cotchery for the #2 spot. Send justin mccareins and our 3rd round pick to pittsburgh and bring back james farrior ( or a comparable trade to another team for a simular player). Sign a guy like keith traylor to join the rotation with robertson and pouha , then you get the best available d.b. in the first round , the first second round pick on the f.b. leonard ( a f.b. probably wont go in the first round) and the second of the second round picks on t.e. ben patrick from deleware who has tremendous upside... and then we'd be talkin about a football team that is ready to go. What do you think?

The real problem with the proposal in this thread is that the Jets would be over paying for the #2 pick. Two starters and the #25 is too much. The guy who started the thread on the other site SPECULATES that the deal would include Vilma and the #25 and one of the Jets second round picks or Vilma and Coles and the #25. Either price is too high without some thing coming back from the Lions in addition to the #2 overall.

While I wouldnt discount the idea that there might be some talk about trying to trade with the Lions to get the #2 pick and that the trade talk would include Vilma, I dont take the deal as described in this thread seriously.

I think Vilma and the #25 for the #2 and maybe a good O lineman or a 3rd round pick could be a good trade fro both teams and probably for Vilma as well.

From Detroits point of view they get one of the best yound LB tandems in the NFL -- Vilma and Sims -- and Matt Milen gets out of the pressure of having to make a big pick in this draft. He hasnt exactly built a winner with all the high 1st rounders he's had.

From the Jets point of view they move a player, who while valuable to the rest of the league, isnt the best fit in their defensive system and in return get a chance to fill one of the areas of need and draft an RB that has the potential to be a star in the league. Leon Washington was great last year, but he isnt an every down back and he probably never will be. His value to the team will increase if the Jets get someone to carry the majority of the load.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=93#S=93&F=1801&T=193315&FIX=1

Lions fans perspective... and Coles isn't apparently involved in the deal. Looks like Boom Boom got some bad info. Looks to be Vilma and the 25 for the number 2... as per what the Jets front office wants. The Lions want the 25 Vilma and the 37.

I wouldn't mind at all moving up for just Vilma but that isn't going to happen. We will have to depart with at least our 2nd 2nd round pick, but, most likely would have to part with the 1st 2nd rounder instead.

Maybe instead of the 2nd rounder this year we can give them a future pick or possibly the Jets can work Coles into the deal so Detroit can team him up with Roy Williams and we can keep our draft picks.

That's not going to happen. The Lions are trying to stock up on draft picks. Just like the Jets. They'll want draft picks. Vilma, the 25 and the second 2nd round pick as the most likely deal. That puts Vilma's value around the 7th pick overall...

I wouldn't do it..I would do Vilma,the 25 and nothing or a 4th or 5th..but not a 2nd round pick too.

I wouldn't do it..I would do Vilma,the 25 and nothing or a 4th or 5th..but not a 2nd round pick too.

Of course you wouldn't. You wanna horde draft picks, just like I do, just like Millen and Tangini do... but you have to give up value to get value. Do you think that the Lions would just bend over and let the Jets have their way with them? You guys might think Matt Millen is a moron, and most of his moves haven't worked, but everytime he makes a move, at the time, everyone says what a good move it is. Signing Dre Bly and him becoming a Pro Bowler, signing Fernando Bryant and Damien Woody, drafting Roy Williams, moving down a spot, raping the Browns of a second round pick, trading up to draft Kevin Jones, trading up to draft Shaun Rogers... it's just it hasn't woked out yet. So, don't think Matt will just get out thought or out moved. He usually gets the most value for what he can.

It's an even trade if they're adhering to the value chart; we are hardly getting ripped off with Vilma + #25 + #37 for #2. And frankly, places Vilma's value at higher than we could probably get even-up. In this trade, Vilma's value is the #9 pick.

Vilma & #25 for their #2 will never happen. Throwing in a 5th-rounder (since we have no 4th rounder) doesn't make a pin-sized dent in the trade, and would place Vilma's value at greater than the #4 pick in the draft. Even in the 4-3 he's not worth that.

If you don't like the idea of giving all that up for one pick, then on draft day we trade down again. Detroit wants to do this, but stupidly they let everyone know it. Plus this way they get an established player for their sucky defense.

Archived