I want PSU's LB Paul Posluszny for Jets

SouthernJet

Everything I have read about him has screamed out Mangini player but I don't think we will take him even if he does fall that far. The OLB position seems to have been adressed, at least temporarily via FA...I think w/ the 25 pick we will be looking for someone who can come in and contribute/start right away like a #2 CB or something.

When you add up the number of players the Jets currently have to occupy the front seven you get roughly 17 players. I don't see them making a push toward 20 roster spots up front. Not to say they wont take any D-Line or LBs in the draft, I just think the earlier parts of the draft are going to be for DBs, OLs or even a TE. BTW, I think there's a real good chance Posluszny goes to the Pats one pick before us.

When you add up the number of players the Jets currently have to occupy the front seven you get roughly 17 players. I don't see them making a push toward 20 roster spots up front. Not to say they wont take any D-Line or LBs in the draft, I just think the earlier parts of the draft are going to be for DBs, OLs or even a TE. BTW, I think there's a real good chance Posluszny goes to the Pats one pick before us.

I can see the Pats taking him to get a young linebacker into the mix there- Willis ILB is another possibility for them maybe.

I see him more inside in the 3-4. Flowing to the play and not on the outside taking on lineman.

Uhh . . . the inside guys in the 3-4 take on Guards and Tackles the outside guys takles and tightends. He'd be better outside, but I dont think the Jets will take him.

Tim Shaw on the other hand would be a good future replacement for Hobson on the outside if he addes another 10 pounds.

I think Pos is going to be a solid LB for a long time in the nfl. He'll get bigger and stronger and with his tackling technique should be a force. I also don't think he falls to 25, too many teams ahead of us that need a LB.

Yay, let's draft more defense, so when we play good teams, we can't score or move the ball for ANOTHER season.

We drafted alot of offense in the draft last year. Also just picked up a 1,300 yards RB in free agency.

What did you see in the Jets defense last season that impressed you in such a way that you don't think drafting a LBer is a good idea?

We drafted alot of offense in the draft last year. Also just picked up a 1,300 yards RB in free agency.

What did you see in the Jets defense last season that impressed you in such a way that you don't think drafting a LBer is a good idea?

Its not that, its just that we have enough Linebackers to last a lifetime.

Time to focus on a position of NEED, and that is Cornerback. We do not have another starting calibear Corner to go with Andre Dyson and good teams like New England will continue to rape us in the passing game until then while we throw out Hank Poteat and Justin Miller. Miller, great return man, not even a decent Corner. He has the speed, thats it.

Uhh . . . the inside guys in the 3-4 take on Guards and Tackles the outside guys takles and tightends. He'd be better outside, but I dont think the Jets will take him.

Tim Shaw on the other hand would be a good future replacement for Hobson on the outside if he addes another 10 pounds.

Yeah, plus we already have the future Dick Butkus Anthony Schlegel.

Time to focus on a position of NEED, and that is Cornerback. We do not have another starting calibear Corner to go with Andre Dyson and good teams like New England will continue to rape us in the passing game until then while we throw out Hank Poteat and Justin Miller. Miller, great return man, not even a decent Corner. He has the speed, thats it.

Everybody needs a shutdown corner. But when you take the high risk/high reward ratio into consideration, these guys tend to have bust factor all over them.

Yeah, plus we already have the future Dick Butkus Anthony Schlegel.

Hell yeah! I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me.:rolleyes:

I bet getting to type "Dick" and "But" in the same sentence got you all hot an bothered.:Nuts:

Mangini most likely thinks he can get by with those guys... much like he got by with a group of average DB's and 1 or 2 good ones in NE and won a SB...

Look at NE now, they have Samuel... then its Hobbs/Scott/Mickens

Mangini most likely thinks he can get by with those guys... much like he got by with a group of average DB's and 1 or 2 good ones in NE and won a SB...

Look at NE now, they have Samuel... then its Hobbs/Scott/Mickens

Are you trying to say that Ellis Hobbs is just as good as Justin Miller, David Barrett and Hank Poteat?:character42:

Archived