3rd Annual JetNation Mock Draft Discussion thread (talk about the draft here)

Smizzy

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I apologize to WW85 and seattle- this is going to be a two rounnd draft as it is impossible with different schedules to keep this moving-WW85 make your pick for seattle

We can manage three rounds (no need for a fourth since the Jets dont have one). Its been moving ok and its been interesting. I have never done one before and have prepared a third round pick for AZ.

You cant punk out on me now that I am only 10 or so picks away from my third round pick :)

I want to continue this -we will go three rounds if I can get a committment from everyone to 2 hours limit and e-mail your picks to a mod-here on a couple of choices so we can keep moving. Picks from 9AM -9 PM

I want to continue this -we will go three rounds if I can get a committment from everyone to 2 hours limit and e-mail your picks to a mod-here on a couple of choices so we can keep moving. Picks from 9AM -9 PM

Thanks faba,your effort is appreciated.

Thank goodness. This process has taken a lot longer than I thought but today's 180 was a bit over the top. I'm sitting on 2 3rd round picks for the Bills. It just wasn't fair to cut it to 2 rounds.

Just curious how faba screwed up big time and changed the rules? Was the draft speeded up, yes but the last pick was at 3:52, you didn't get on and bitch till 8:36 so even then you were past your 4 hr. time limit which is a RULE. If you're not paying attention you have no one to blame but yourself. Your 41 posts in 2+ years speaks volumes to me.

Just curious how faba screwed up big time and changed the rules? Was the draft speeded up, yes but the last pick was at 3:52, you didn't get on and bitch till 8:36 so even then you were past your 4 hr. time limit which is a RULE. If you're not paying attention you have no one to blame but yourself. Your 41 posts in 2+ years speaks volumes to me.

What are the actual rules? I've been off line about 10 hours since this mock started, but I haven't been able to make a pick. Personally, I think it would be better if we gave a set time for each pick and maybe a half hour window. Do a pick an hour, if you can't get on, at least you know when you're supposed to be on and how many picks will go before you so that you can im the proper picks. A specific person to im the picks to might not hurt either.

What are the actual rules? I've been off line about 10 hours since this mock started, but I haven't been able to make a pick. Personally, I think it would be better if we gave a set time for each pick and maybe a half hour window. Do a pick an hour, if you can't get on, at least you know when you're supposed to be on and how many picks will go before you so that you can im the proper picks. A specific person to im the picks to might not hurt either.

Looks like Ham is on the clock but has missed another pick.

So, even though faba took the guy I wanted to take at 63 (I guess you messed it up Frank, I had Harris at 63 and another guy at 59), do you guys like my addition to the Offensive Line at RT? I bet / hope you will.

Hopefully the guy I wanted at 59 will be there at 63.

So, even though faba took the guy I wanted to take at 63 (I guess you messed it up Frank, I had Harris at 63 and another guy at 59), do you guys like my addition to the Offensive Line at RT? I bet / hope you will.

Hopefully the guy I wanted at 59 will be there at 63.

The player at 59 was taken already Joe-check the players selected.

Good ideas. Hopefully we can do something like that next year.

This is going to be a two round draft-my decision because we can not keep this moving-anyone wants to blame someone- blame me. I can not be online all day to try to keep this running smoothly.

This is going to be a two round draft-my decision because we can not keep this moving-anyone wants to blame someone- blame me. I can not be online all day to try to keep this running smoothly.

Very disappointed. I guess it is my bad karma that screws it up... SOB.

I find it hard to believe after all of you mods refused to start proceeding the mock draft in 2 weeks earlier before it postponed to a next week and then it fell apart. Unbelievable!!!

Very disappointed. I guess it is my bad karma that screws it up... SOB.

I find it hard to believe after all of you mods refused to start proceeding the mock draft in 2 weeks earlier before it postponed to a next week and then it fell apart. Unbelievable!!!

Any delay is usually a sign of impending doom.

I'm totally disappointed at this being only a 2 rounder. Lots of us did our homework and were preparred for 4 rounds. If there's anyone to blame (and there is) it's the people who signed up initially very excitedly, then disappeared when the draft actually started. Some had the gaul to get pissed when someone else made their pick after 6+ hours of delay. It was just a disappointing experience.

I'm totally disappointed at this being only a 2 rounder. Lots of us did our homework and were preparred for 4 rounds. If there's anyone to blame (and there is) it's the people who signed up initially very excitedly, then disappeared when the draft actually started. Some had the gaul to get pissed when someone else made their pick after 6+ hours of delay. It was just a disappointing experience.

I was interested to see if my strategy would work for AZ.

Anyway, I agree with the suggestion to have set times for each pick at shorter intervals. Alternatively, this draft could have been altered to have the picks PM'd to Faba and have him post them whenever he is around.

I was interested to see if my strategy would work for AZ.

Anyway, I agree with the suggestion to have set times for each pick at shorter intervals. Alternatively, this draft could have been altered to have the picks PM'd to Faba and have him post them whenever he is around.

I knew from past experience with mock drafts that it would be tough to keep going- I apologize we could not get iy running smoothly. Feel free to state your opinions and ideas on the draft in the main forum. As I type this still waiting to get a second round completed!

I knew from past experience with mock drafts that it would be tough to keep going- I apologize we could not get iy running smoothly. Feel free to state your opinions and ideas on the draft in the main forum. As I type this still waiting to get a second round completed!

heh. its no biggie. we wuz just killing some time before the real draft :)

time allotted per selection is THE KEY... Thats it.

For fun.

Chargers take S Eric Weddle, Utah. He is a risky move but with NFL coaching he will become a solid SS as he bulks up some weights.

Jets take DE Tim Crowder, Texas. He is a run stuffing DE who can drop back into a coverage occassionally. I think he should be Jets' ILB because his frame and run stuffing will allow Vilma to roam around freely in long run.

Bucanneers take DB Tanrad Jackson, Syracuse. Gruden loves him and his style of playing game. He can be a either S or CB for Kiffin.

heh. its no biggie. we wuz just killing some time before the real draft :)

Speak for yourself Will. I spent a lot of time out here talking to douche bag Ills fans to try to do a good job. I just should have taken WR David Ball with my 1st round choice like I wanted to. :biggrin:

and still waiting........:crossfingers:

Archived