The Red Sox will go down in flames

TaborJet

Just give it time. What is there, like 16 games left between the Yanks/Sox?

Pettite held his own Friday night. Mo Rivera blew the save. Saturday/Sunday...well the Sox struggled to get the wins against two minor league pitchers.

How did the Yankees do against the Red Sox starters? Not bad at all. Fat Shelling gave up 2 Abombs and is as useless as Randy Johnson. Beckett gave up runs. And how do you applaud a $50 million dollar waste when he leaves after giving up 5 runs(which ended up being 6)? Standing ovations are for pitchers who dominate.

What's this now? In the "who's online" section, it said Jet/Bosoxfan was replying to this thread. Where is the reply? Were you writing a bannable offense in here? Where is the smack?

Yeah. Enjoy your shallow sweep against a team who is 60% healthy. You beat us without Wang, Mussina, Pavano, Posada, and Matsui. So take your left fielder, catcher, and 3 of your top 4 starters out and see how you fare next time.

And how do you applaud a $50 million dollar waste when he leaves after giving up 5 runs(which ended up being 6)? Standing ovations are for pitchers who dominate.

You know this struck me as odd too. I noticed it right away and tried to think of the last time a Yankee starter got a standing ovation for giving up almost a run per inning. Then I realized, these are the Red Sox we're talking about. The expectations for the club are far lower than that of the Yankees. It's the only explanation. They're happy to have a shot at winning because they've done so little of it over the past century. Yankee fans set the bar a bit higher. $100 million dollars and 6 ER in 7 IP does not get a standing ovation at Yankee Stadium. Two different cities...two different mind sets. That's all.

Just give it time. What is there, like 16 games left between the Yanks/Sox?

Pettite held his own Friday night. Mo Rivera blew the save. Saturday/Sunday...well the Sox struggled to get the wins against two minor league pitchers.

How did the Yankees do against the Red Sox starters? Not bad at all. Fat Shelling gave up 2 Abombs and is as useless as Randy Johnson. Beckett gave up runs. And how do you applaud a $50 million dollar waste when he leaves after giving up 5 runs(which ended up being 6)? Standing ovations are for pitchers who dominate.

What's this now? In the "who's online" section, it said Jet/Bosoxfan was replying to this thread. Where is the reply? Were you writing a bannable offense in here? Where is the smack?

Yeah. Enjoy your shallow sweep against a team who is 60% healthy. You beat us without Wang, Mussina, Pavano, Posada, and Matsui. So take your left fielder, catcher, and 3 of your top 4 starters out and see how you fare next time.

You know this struck me as odd too. I noticed it right away and tried to think of the last time a Yankee starter got a standing ovation for giving up almost a run per inning. Then I realized, these are the Red Sox we're talking about. The expectations for the club are far lower than that of the Yankees. It's the only explanation. They're happy to have a shot at winning because they've done so little of it over the past century. Yankee fans set the bar a bit higher. $100 million dollars and 6 ER in 7 IP does not get a standing ovation at Yankee Stadium. Two different cities...two different mind sets. That's all.

sad-smiley-044.gif

There is no crying in baseball.

Your team lost. Deal with it. However, all we get is, "we are 60%" and other whining diatribes.

You beat your chest you had great starting pitching depth, the best offense in the majors and the Sox had no starting or relief pitching and a joke of an offense.

Sad is the day when I wish to see the arrogant Yankee fans as oppossed the whining band wagon jumping ones.

sad-smiley-044.gif

Your team lost. Deal with it. However, all we get is, "we are 60%" and other whining diatribes.

You beat your chest you had great starting pitching depth, the best offense in the majors and the Sox had no starting or relief pitching and a joke of an offense.

Sad is the day when I wish to see the arrogant Yankee fans as oppossed the whining band wagon jumping ones.

I'm not exactly sure what part of that comment was directed at me since I may be the only Yankee fan on this site that picked the Bosox to win the AL east based on their starting pitching.

sad-smiley-044.gif

No tears here.

The Sox swept the Yanks. That is the bottom line. Neither team's starting pitching did well in the series besides Pettite.

I wonder how many threads about Dice-K's $100 million gamble would have been started if he was in the pinstripes. Well guess what? The Sox overspent for a pitcher who can't throw inside.

sad-smiley-044.gif

No one has enough depth to be able to handle 3/5 of your rotation getting hurt and the real prospects wern't ready to come up this early in the season, Don't worry you'll see them.

At least i can take a little comfort in the fact that the yankees had the best starter in the series and he's the only starter boston will see again.

No one has enough depth to be able to handle 3/5 of your rotation getting hurt and the real prospects wern't ready to come up this early in the season, Don't worry you'll see them.

At least i can take a little comfort in the fact that the yankees had the best starter in the series and he's the only starter boston will see again.

Please, don't play the injury card.

YOU were the person extolling Yankee pitching depth all spring and how deep they were. Now, a couple of injuries and you are excusing things because of injuries.

Can't do that

Please, don't play the injury card.

YOU were the person extolling Yankee pitching depth all spring and how deep they were. Now, a couple of injuries and you are excusing things because of injuries.

Can't do that

Since I can't see the future I had no way of knowing the extent of the injuries or how early in the season they would be. When I was talking about depth I was talking about Hughes, Clippard and Sanchez. Sanchez is out for the season (which i also had no way of knowing) and the yankees will not be bringing up Hughes or Clippard at this point in the season. The depth will show itself later in the season as the weather warms up and guys start to come up from the minors.

Since I can't see the future I had no way of knowing the extent of the injuries or how early in the season they would be. When I was talking about depth I was talking about Hughes, Clippard and Sanchez. Sanchez is out for the season (which i also had no way of knowing) and the yankees will not be bringing up Hughes or Clippard at this point in the season. The depth will show itself later in the season as the weather warms up and guys start to come up from the minors.

Just a suggestion, since you say you cant predict the future, try not to make "guarantees" to players future performances.

It only makes sense.

Whats funny is in that 5 game sweep we were missing: our catcher, our starting RF, and 2/5ths of the rotation and had rookies and journeymen pitching in their place. But all you heard about was how the Yankees swept the 5 game series. I know 5 games is more than 3, but if we couldn't play the injury card back then, why can the Yankees play it now?

Congrats on the sweep, Sox were the better team.

However, I was not impressed at all with their pitching. The Yankees hit the ball hard all weekend, unfortunately our pitching didnt pull their own weight.

JD Drew's been better than I'd thought he would be.

Congrats on the sweep, Sox were the better team.

However, I was not impressed at all with their pitching. The Yankees hit the ball hard all weekend, unfortunately our pitching didnt pull their own weight.

JD Drew's been better than I'd thought he would be.

Yeah when JD can stay on the field he is a solid ball player.

Whats funny is in that 5 game sweep we were missing: our catcher, our starting RF, and 2/5ths of the rotation and had rookies and journeymen pitching in their place. But all you heard about was how the Yankees swept the 5 game series. I know 5 games is more than 3, but if we couldn't play the injury card back then, why can the Yankees play it now?

Your catcher is a awful hitter so you didn't lose anything by him being out, Nixon is nowhere near the hitter Matsui is and the pitchers you had out were wakfield and clement who are crap anyway. The yankee injuries in this series were MUCH bigger problems than boston had in 06.

Your catcher is a awful hitter so you didn't lose anything by him being out, Nixon is nowhere near the hitter Matsui is and the pitchers you had out were wakfield and clement who are crap anyway. The yankee injuries in this series were MUCH bigger problems than boston had in 06.

Injuries are injuries. Trot Nixon has owned the Yankees in the past. He and Tek were big time clubhouse leaders and Tek behind the plate in so much more valuable than Posada. To say we didn't lose anything when he was out is just plain dumb. Wakefield and Clement are both solid back of the rotation guys who are much better options than Jason Johnson and a youthful Lester. There is no way the Yankees sweep 5 games if we're totally healthy. I agree the Yankees injuries were more harmful to them than those of the Sox, but to say that the Sox lost nothing is ridiculous.

Please, please stop it with the lame injury excuse.

The Mets lost half their playoff rotation heading into the NL playoffs last year. Not one Met fan here said peep about it.

Enough with the excuses. They were better than you this weekend and beat your HOF closer.

Injuries are injuries. Trot Nixon has owned the Yankees in the past. He and Tek were big time clubhouse leaders and Tek behind the plate in so much more valuable than Posada. To say we didn't lose anything when he was out is just plain dumb. Wakefield and Clement are both solid back of the rotation guys who are much better options than Jason Johnson and a youthful Lester. There is no way the Yankees sweep 5 games if we're totally healthy. I agree the Yankees injuries were more harmful to them than those of the Sox, but to say that the Sox lost nothing is ridiculous.

If they are hurt they would still be in the clubhouse so the only way that effected boston was ON THE FIELD and since they are bad players it didn't matter. I love how now Matt Clement is a better option than Lester LOL. Man you change your tune quickly.

Please, please stop it with the lame injury excuse.

The Mets lost half their playoff rotation heading into the NL playoffs last year. Not one Met fan here said peep about it.

Enough with the excuses. They were better than you this weekend and beat your HOF closer.

Did you lose pitchers as good as Mussina Wang and Pavano? No. + your starting LF + your starting catcher for 2 games, + your starting CF for a game.

If they are hurt they would still be in the clubhouse so the only way that effected boston was ON THE FIELD and since they are bad players it didn't matter. I love how now Matt Clement is a better option than Lester LOL. Man you change your tune quickly.

A healthy Matt Clement is better than a youthful Jon Lester. Yes. In a series that big, in that situation you take the veteran. Lester is a better choice for the long term, but in that situation you want your veteran guys out there. Varitek and Nixon are bad players now? I'm not saying they're sure fire HOFers, but they are better than the guys who replaced them (Javy Lopez and Gabe Kapler). You really are an ignorant homer. Your team lost 3 games in a row. Whats your excuse for the first game? The second two they were favored to lose because of the pitching match-ups. But how do you spin the first game? What injuries is your bullpen dealing with right now, aside from being overworked and not being too good? Like it or not the Sox came from runs down in all three games and were the better team this weekend.

The Sox got lucky...

The Yanks win this series if they had Mussina Pavano Wang Matsui... heck even if they only had 2 of those guys they would have won...

What a horrible, horrendous, totally misguided baseball comment.

You sound like MadMike making guarantees of what and how players will perform.

What a horrible, horrendous, totally misguided baseball comment.

You sound like MadMike making guarantees of what and how players will perform.

I know Im crazy... losing 2 of your best pitchers doesnt hurt the team at all...

Archived