Devil Rays send Yankees into last place

JetNation

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wang pitched more than well enough to win. Torre blew the game.

Torre wasn't pitching. I was referring to the players on the field who allowed the D' Rays to come back and win.

It's Torre's job to put the best players on the field in the right situations and he consistently fails at that.

Right..because he should have known that the guy on his roster who gets paid to do one thing and one thing only (get lefties out) was going to give up a decisive HR...to a lefty.

Right..because he should have known that the guy on his roster who gets paid to do one thing and one thing only (get lefties out) was going to give up a decisive HR...to a lefty.
He pulled Wang too early just like he's been pulling starters early ALL SEASON LONG. He walks baldelli to try to get a DP with Vizcaino who sucks and has a .60 G/F when Wang should've just stayed in the game.

The best option between Wang and that awful bullpen was Wang, period.But Padre Joe, leading all-time with pitching changes to this point, cannot help himself. Sadi bullpen is ragged exactly because Torre refuses to let starters work out of trouble nor go much past 5.

Yesterday I said the Yanks bullpen had been abysmal.

I would like to change that statement.

The Yanks bullpen right now is pathetic.

The last game against Cleveland, the three against Boston and two against Tampa Bay the bullpen is 0-6 is shutting the door. Only Arod game winner against Cleveland has kept it from being worse.

Yesterday I said the Yanks bullpen had been abysmal.

I would like to change that statement.

The Yanks bullpen right now is pathetic.

The last game against Cleveland, the three against Boston and two against Tampa Bay the bullpen is 0-6 is shutting the door. Only Arod game winner against Cleveland has kept it from being worse.

Yet clueless joe CONTINUES to pull starters early and rely on this bullpen that has been nothing but HORRIBLE all year.

Yet clueless joe CONTINUES to pull starters early and rely on this bullpen that has been nothing but HORRIBLE all year.

If the bullpen keeps blowing games like this then he might have to extend his starters which in my mind would not be a bad thing considering the way he has abused the bullpen the last couple of seasons.

I can't blame him though for pulling Wang last night. He gave you 6+ in his first start back from injury. I would not have pushed it first time out either.

Pulling Pettite early on Friday I had a big problem with.

I just want to know if Wang was on a pitch count. It seems that way, as he was not struggling with his command, yet was pulled around the 80 pitch mark.

So before we blast Torre, we should find out about this. And Torre bringing in Myers to face Crawfors was the correct move. It worked on Monday. And the pitch before, Crawford was frozen on a breaking pitch. Myers just put the next on right over the plate, not outside enough.

I just want to know if Wang was on a pitch count. It seems that way, as he was not struggling with his command, yet was pulled around the 80 pitch mark.

So before we blast Torre, we should find out about this. And Torre bringing in Myers to face Crawfors was the correct move. It worked on Monday. And the pitch before, Crawford was frozen on a breaking pitch. Myers just put the next on right over the plate, not outside enough.

He was at 81. Still, Wang was far and away the best option. It was plain stupid.

He was at 81. Still, Wang was far and away the best option. It was plain stupid.

If he was on a pitch count, then he gets pulled, no matter if it's the 3rd inning, or the 7th inning.

That is the way things are these days. All teams follow this practice with their returnees from the DL, to some extent.

If he was on a pitch count, then he gets pulled, no matter if it's the 3rd inning, or the 7th inning.

That is the way things are these days. All teams follow this practice with their returnees from the DL, to some extent.

Janks fans should know the plan was to pitch Wang 5 innings, he gave you 6 and you blame torre!!!!!

If wang gets hurt and goes DL for rest of year, you would all be crucifying Torre.

Your bullpen blows, deal with it,, tock...tock..tock

Farnsworth and Vizcaino suck badly. I think the Yanks should trade/release them and bring up some Columbus pitchers..I think they would have more success.

Interesting note in ESPN...if the Yanks did not have A-rod they would be 4-15 right now. That is a scary proposition.

LL

Farnsworth and Vizcaino suck badly. I think the Yanks should trade/release them and bring up some Columbus pitchers..I think they would have more success.

Interesting note in ESPN...if the Yanks did not have A-rod they would be 4-15 right now. That is a scary proposition.

LL

And these so called Fans had the Nerve to Boo thier Best Player ,No wonder why thier in Last Place. hahahaha :character42:

If the bullpen keeps blowing games like this then he might have to extend his starters which in my mind would not be a bad thing considering the way he has abused the bullpen the last couple of seasons.

I can't blame him though for pulling Wang last night. He gave you 6+ in his first start back from injury. I would not have pushed it first time out either.

Pulling Pettite early on Friday I had a big problem with.

He had 81 friggin pitches.

He was on the DL with a LEG problem not an Arm. He was FINE to finish the inning.

last i knew... you need both einstein, as your legs get tired it puts more stress on your arms and shoulder....

i'm sure you know that...=t you are the expert.. just blame torre and not your pathetic pen.

last i knew... you need both einstein, as your legs get tired it puts more stress on your arms and shoulder....

i'm sure you know that...=t you are the expert.. just blame torre and not your pathetic pen.

The reason the pen is pitching badly is because TORRE pulls every starter earlier than he should and that puts tremendous pressure on the bullpen and it's all on torre.

The reason the pen is pitching badly is because TORRE pulls every starter earlier than he should and that puts tremendous pressure on the bullpen and it's all on torre.

Wang was on a pitch count last night, that is why they pulled him. When you ste a pitch count, normally you follow it.

Why would it be the pen's fault that Torre decides to go to them. They share no blame in not getting teh job done.

They are there for a reason.

Wang was on a pitch count last night, that is why they pulled him. When you ste a pitch count, normally you follow it.

Why would it be the pen's fault that Torre decides to go to them. They share no blame in not getting teh job done.

They are there for a reason.

the difference between 81 and 86 pitches is nothing. bringing in vizcaino who is overworked and terrible to get a DP is beyond stupid.

the difference between 81 and 86 pitches is nothing. bringing in vizcaino who is overworked and terrible to get a DP is beyond stupid.

So, you know with absolute certainty that Wang was not tired, and that 5 pitches would be all that was needed to finsih teh next batter, if he even got him out?

There are a lot of assumptions there that you can not jump to.

He brought in Vizcaino to intentionally walk a guy, and get the next hitter, which he did. Not to get a DP, although that would have been nuice if it happened. Then he brought in Myers to get 1 guy, which he did not.

So, you know with absolute certainty that Wang was not tired, and that 5 pitches would be all that was needed to finsih teh next batter, if he even got him out?

So he can start the inning but 6 pitches later he's tired and done? Give me a break.

He brought in Vizcaino to intentionally walk a guy, and get the next hitter, which he did. Not to get a DP, although that would have been nuice if it happened. Then he brought in Myers to get 1 guy, which he did not.

If you're loading the bases it IS to get a DP.

If you were watching the game, you would have noticed that the single and double Wang gave up in the 7th were pitches up in the zone. That tells me he was running out of gas, as he almost always leaves his stuff down.

Maybe he could have gone another batter or 2, maybe not. But if he was on a pitch count, and today's NY Post has an article that indicates he was (an 80 pitch limit), then Torre made the right call in the 7th.

It just didn't work out.

Archived