Would you trade our #1 for Faneca and Pick #46 in Round 2?

SUorangefootball

The Value difference from pick 25 to pick 46 is about 330-380 points which equates to a mid 2nd round pick. The Jets would end up with a completely solidified offensive line by adding a pro bowl caliber G to the mix and they would have 3 2nd round picks to build depth with. Pittsburgh would add two first round picks with a young coach and free up salary in the process (not to mention a growing problem in the locker room). I think the trade makes sense if its available, what say you jet fans?

The Value difference from pick 25 to pick 46 is about 330-380 points which equates to a mid 2nd round pick. The Jets would end up with a completely solidified offensive line by adding a pro bowl caliber G to the mix and they would have 3 2nd round picks to build depth with. Pittsburgh would add two first round picks with a young coach and free up salary in the process (not to mention a growing problem in the locker room). I think the trade makes sense if its available, what say you jet fans?

If they would throw in a fourth rounder I would do that deal.

If he were a little younger I would say yes.

if he were a little younger the steelers would keep him

i was talking to a steelers fan the other day, we brought up all the names that left Pitt in FA, and all of these guys were 'done' when they left, most recently Joey Porter and KVO.

definitely not a good deal. blalock makes more sense. or grubbs. build through the draft especially on the lines with youth. the jets will need a few years to make that eventual push into the big game and replacing lineman will only be a distraction.

i was talking to a steelers fan the other day, we brought up all the names that left Pitt in FA, and all of these guys were 'done' when they left, most recently Joey Porter and KVO.

It is yet to be determined whether letting Porter go was the right move.

I might consider trading for Faneca if he was a year or two younger as well. But that is a bit too much.

It is yet to be determined whether letting Porter go was the right move.

yeah no doubt, the point of the conversation was we mentioned about 10 'big name' FA who left Pittsburgh and all of em were done in retrospect when they left. Joey Porter isn't going to be the exception to that rule.

yeah no doubt, the point of the conversation was we mentioned about 10 'big name' FA who left Pittsburgh and all of em were done in retrospect when they left. Joey Porter isn't going to be the exception to that rule.

Yeah this will be interesting to watch. This new Pitt coach reminds me of Herm a lot. I'm wondering if he is not making the same mistakes Herm did when he first got here.

by the way Dockery just got Hutchinson money, so Faneca wants left tackle money. You don't trade your first round pick for a guy who wants 15 mil up front.

I agree 100%. Might as well stay put and draft a guard it would be cheaper and smarter. I say pass.

by the way Dockery just got Hutchinson money, so Faneca wants left tackle money. You don't trade your first round pick for a guy who wants 15 mil up front.

This is why I don't like it. Think of it as a franchise tag on a 31yo player that requires a mid 2nd-rounder.

He's still good. He'll still be good next year & probably at least decent the year after that. But a contract like that means he's ours for longer. Plus who knows what type of roster bonus would be tied in like after year two, making him uncuttable for at least 4 years.

If he's productive for that long, then it's a good move. If not, then not. I'd keep our 1st-rounder that we can sign for 5 years for dirt cheap.

I'd say yes, absolutely, if Faneca was about 5 yrs younger. :deshade:

The only way you would make a move for a verteran linemen would be if you have one glaring whole on your line, and the rest of your team is good enough to make it to the big game. This team has so many wholes, there is no way they are ready to make a push through free agency to better themselves enough to beat a NE, SD, or Indy. This team will build in the draft for the next three years, if they get much better, then they could make a move for an older linemen as a stop gap.

Until then, say hello to a Grubbs/Blalock.

Can someone name me one veteran, just one, that PIT released or tried to trade over the last 10 years that actually had a successful career elsewhere? I'll be listening very carefully over the sound of crickets.

agreed

trading first for Faneca would be a Redskins-esque move. overpaying for a done vet.

Can someone name me one veteran, just one, that PIT released or tried to trade over the last 10 years that actually had a successful career elsewhere? I'll be listening very carefully over the sound of crickets.

Not that I'd make this trade, but

Rod Woodson was pretty successful after leaving Pittsburgh.

Faneca for our fifth.

No More Old Dudes Please.

Think young and draft Young please

I would change that to "No more trading draft picks for old guys." Old guys in free agency can be good stopgaps. Thats why the Jets should've signed Edwin Mulitalo when they had the chance.

Kevin Greene and Rod Woodson. That's about it, and both were long ago.

I was always more afraid of Greg Lloyd. That mother****er was psychotic.

He was in the news recently for threatening his son...who is in the NFL draft, aparently a pretty good player, someone else will probably remember the details. ya know...like his name and all :)

The Steelers usually are solid at determining a vet's value. Thats why it wouldn't upset me too much if they were to trade Faneca. I'd rather have them trade him than let him walk next year with no value in return. I'd take this deal in a heartbeat, therefore it definately won't happen.
:)

Archived