Keyshawn to retire....

toon88

think its a good move for him at this point of his career. he's 35 years old now, he is a good 3rd WR, on a good team. He will make a good TV guy, outspoken, good personality. Not afraid to tell it like it is. Despite the conflicts he had with Chrebet, I always liked Key as a Jet.

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2879994&name=FPT-2879994-052311&srvc=sz

I will actually be sad to see him go. I think the last few years of his career have been his best, as he seems to have finally matured a bit. He went into Dallas and Carolina with a positive attitude and was productive. I think he could still be an asset to several teams around the league, but if he wants to hang up the cleats, he has certainly earned that right as well.

Ryno,

He was at his best when he was on the Jets hands down. He has matured since then but his role and skills have diminished during his maturity

I would agree that his athleticism has diminished, but he was a major distraction on the Jets. I think he figured out in TB that NFL teams does not revolve around one player, even if your drafted #1 over all.

Wow. This really surprises me. I really thought that he would end up in Tennessee or Green Bay as a starter for Young or Favre. Best of luck to Keyshawn in his TV career, as I'm sure he'll be a good analyst. I didn't like him as a player much after he bad mouthed the Jets when he was traded out of here, but he was a really good receiver. It's a shame he's going to retire with a few years left in the tank.

Wow. This really surprises me. I really thought that he would end up in Tennessee or Green Bay as a starter for Young or Favre. Best of luck to Keyshawn in his TV career, as I'm sure he'll be a good analyst. I didn't like him as a player much after he bad mouthed the Jets when he was traded out of here, but he was a really good receiver. It's a shame he's going to retire with a few years left in the tank.

I thought he was very good during the draft coverage on ESPN. Fairly well spoken came comes across better than a few former players turned analysts.

Most overrated receiver of all-time. He had a couple good seasons with the Jets and he's been compiling ever since. If Meshawn had such a wonderful career how come 4 receivers taken in the same draft as him had better careers? Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds and Terry Glenn.

I'm surprised he didn't go to the Titans since that team has absolutley nothing at the wr position right now but I guess even they aren't desperate enough to overpay for him and massage his ego.

He'll be great in the booth. Got a sample of him during the NFL draft and he was great. I'm really surprized he retired. I agree with the others, I thoght the Titans would have been a great match for him.

Most overrated receiver of all-time. He had a couple good seasons with the Jets and he's been compiling ever since. If Meshawn had such a wonderful career how come 4 receivers taken in the same draft as him had better careers? Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds and Terry Glenn.

I'm surprised he didn't go to the Titans since that team has absolutley nothing at the wr position right now but I guess even they aren't desperate enough to overpay for him and massage his ego.

Do you EVER like anyone? :fighting0050:

Do you EVER like anyone? :fighting0050:

He'll be an analyst on CBS. He'll fit right in with Sharpe, Irvin, Marino and other such annoying people. Let's get them all on the same channel because then I know which one to not watch.

He'll be an analyst on CBS. He'll fit right in with Sharpe, Irvin, Marino and other such annoying people. Let's get them all on the same channel because then I know which one to not watch.

Is Irvin with CBS? I was hoping that clown would be off the air once he was canned by ESPN.

Years ago I read an article about Keyshawn's life off the field, which included numerous business ventures. He owns/owned at least 2 flourishing restaurants and seemed to have managed his money quite well. Keyshawn may have been a loudmouth at times, but make no mistake he's a very smart and savvy person. He's the type of person who will do well at anything he wants, but he'll continually tell you he's the best ever at it.

In addition Boozer some may be surprised at his charity work and foundations...sure he may piss some off but he is by no means foolish and a very wise business man

I always liked him. He had a big mouth when he entered the league but he always played hard.

He said a few years ago that the most intimidating place he ever played at was the old Foxboro Stadium.

For those who were ever there, the opposing team had to walk down a concrete ramp with only a chain-link fence separating them from the lunatics on either side of the fence.

Once they got to the end of the ramp the fans were even closer and there was no fence!

Archived