Lets not get it Twisted

BornJetsFan1983

What the hell is Herm talking about, I have been watching him on NFL network, and in like three differant interviews he just starts going crazy, yelling " lets not get it twisted", all upset like somebody stole someting from him. He sound like a mad mans. Is it me or does he seem to get more **** nuts everytime you see him. He says "lets get one thing right Im like young players I like old players I like foot ball...ok so herm what the hell is the pouint of you yelling like an idiot, everybody knows you want a draft pick and are willing to **** around with players futures because you dont see a use for them anymore.....lets not get that twisted. God he's a bad coach. On a bright note out coach is hopefully goong to proove that last year wasnt a fluke and he really is the next franchise coach to lead us to a chapionship....

What the hell is Herm talking about, I have been watching him on NFL network, and in like three differant interviews he just starts going crazy, yelling " lets not get it twisted", all upset like somebody stole someting from him. He sound like a mad mans. Is it me or does he seem to get more **** nuts everytime you see him. He says "lets get one thing right Im like young players I like old players I like foot ball...ok so herm what the hell is the pouint of you yelling like an idiot, everybody knows you want a draft pick and are willing to **** around with players futures because you dont see a use for them anymore.....lets not get that twisted. God he's a bad coach. On a bright note out coach is hopefully goong to proove that last year wasnt a fluke and he really is the next franchise coach to lead us to a chapionship....

Let me sum it up: Herm is the worst NFL HC ever.

He is the black Pete Carrol. Herm should go to the College ranks and become, well, Pete Carrol!

With Herm and the press its like the annoying little brother. if you allow him to get under your skin and you show it he will be relentless, if you ignore his taunts he will eventually stop. The press in KC has figured out it doesn't take much taunting to get Herm on a rage by questioning some of his past comments or moves and it becomes quite entertaining to watch him go off in those press conferences.

Thats why I love Mangini, no matter how hard the Press in NY tries they cannot rattle that man, he is much to intelligent for that and they have stopped trying for the most part, but Herm is a classic.

He is the black Pete Carrol. Herm should go to the College ranks and become, well, Pete Carrol!

Herm is definitely a bum, but come on now - the worst ever? Rich Kotite was a much worse coach and can be considered one of the worst ever.

That being said, I agree Herm should not be an NFL head coach.

Herm brings his teams to the playoffs almost each and ever season. Its the players job to get them to the Superbowl, he can not play and coach. But he does coach his teams to the playoffs.

Say what you want, I would take Herm over ALOT OF COACHES in the NFL.

Gruden is the worst ever if you ask me.

Herm brings his teams to the playoffs almost each and ever season. Its the players job to get them to the Superbowl, he can not play and coach. But he does coach his teams to the playoffs.

Man I cant disagree with you more, my impression has been that he inherites a good team like with the jets for example and the already built up team makes playoffs, but then he blows it by not um being a good coach and runs the team, staff and morale into the ground, with the only higlights being is crazy ass news conferences. I really dont think hes a good coach at look at last year for example what happened to them at the end of the year not only were they out coached but you can argue all day that they dont even know how to use their players effectively. Herm really is a horrible coach and I feel sorry for any team his in charge of

Man I cant disagree with you more, my impression has been that he inherites a good team like with the jets for example and the already built up team makes playoffs, but then he blows it by not um being a good coach and runs the team, staff and morale into the ground, with the only higlights being is crazy ass news conferences. I really dont think hes a good coach at look at last year for example what happened to them at the end of the year not only were they out coached but you can argue all day that they dont even know how to use their players effectively. Herm really is a horrible coach and I feel sorry for any team his in charge of

Nailed it.

Herm inherits super bowl talent and gets lucky to "lead" them to the playoffs two or three times every 5 years...

I think it's the exact opposite. A team is talented enough to get to the playoffs even with bad coaching sometimes. It's the coaching that makes a difference between getting to the playoffs & getting to the superbowl.

Otherwise Rich Kotite isn't all that bad. His record with a decent squad of talent on Philly was 36-28.

1991: 10-6 missed the playoffs but that's only b/c he had the superbowl champs (Washington) and the 11-5 Cowboys in the same division. If Philly lost both games (instead of winning them) vs division rival NYG then the Giants would have been 10-6 and Philly 8-8. There were five 11-win teams in the NFC that year, so no playoffs for two of the three 10-win teams.

1992: 11-5 - made the playoffs. Beat NO in the WC game & lost to the superbowl champion Cowboys in the next game (hey, anyone who played the Cowboys in the playoffs lost that year).

1993: 8-8 - Had the only 11-win team (NYG) and 12-win team (Dallas) in their division. Those matchups made up 4 of Philly's 8 losses on the year. So if they were in the NFC Central or West they probably would have made the playoffs again.

1994: 7-9 - Started out 7-2 & then the team collapsed, losing their last 7 in a row (4 of them by a TD or less).

Now this was a BAD coach who did all this. They had enough talent to be a "successful" team (that would have been more successful if you were automatically in the playoffs with a 10-win season). In 4 years in Philly, Kotite managed the same # of 10-win seasons that Herm did in five years in NY. So if the ball bounces the other way in one of their 1993 losses & they ended up 9-7 and that was good enough for the playoffs (like it was for the Jets in 2002), then is he a better coach than Edwards?

Edwards is horrible. His teams covered up for his ineptness a hell of a lot more than his coaching expertise covered up for a lack of talent. I don't remember so many people making excuses for Kotite when he lost a bunch of players to injury (as well they should not have; he was awful).

As far as Gruden, he's a weird one to figure out. He looked like the next best young coach in Oakland & probably would have gone to the SB with them but for the tuck game. Then an AWFUL coach took his team to the superbowl the year he left. He went to TB and got a talented team to the bowl where they arguably should have been a couple of times with that squad. They never made it without him & made it right away with him. The team he beat was the one he was instrumental in putting together. Then the team's veterans started aging & I think TB really started to feel all those missing first round picks between the compensation for Gruden and Keyshawn (4 first round picks). TB fell apart right around the time that those first-rounders should have been entering their primes. Throw in getting the epitome of mediocrity with a top-5 pick HB & a 1st round WR becoming a bust after a very promising rookie season & that's a lot for even a great coach to overcome. It's like missing 6 first round draft picks in 6 years. Really, their team just isn't very good. But he's also looked pretty bad himself in most of the seasons since the SB win.

Herm is definitely a bum, but come on now - the worst ever? Rich Kotite was a much worse coach and can be considered one of the worst ever.

:good: I thought the same thing. Being a Patzie fan Gainzo forgot all about Richie boy. None of us EVER will.

Why is everyone so obsessed with Herm? Is he still in NY? NO. Its okay if it was the week before the Jets play the Chiefs, but every day, there are threads about Herm. All the people that make the "Herm SUCKS!!!!" threads are the same ones that would have told someone he was one of the best coaches in the NFL. Then he gets fired, and rather than just sitting with your thumb up your ass, you all make up for the past by reading every damn interview and pointing it out. Look, unless you have been herding in Mongolia for the past 4 years, you would know that Herm sucks. We all know he sucks and is not HC worthy. Why make such a big goddamn deal about it though?

Why is everyone so obsessed with Herm? Is he still in NY? NO. Its okay if it was the week before the Jets play the Chiefs, but every day, there are threads about Herm. All the people that make the "Herm SUCKS!!!!" threads are the same ones that would have told someone he was one of the best coaches in the NFL. Then he gets fired, and rather than just sitting with your thumb up your ass, you all make up for the past by reading every damn interview and pointing it out. Look, unless you have been herding in Mongolia for the past 4 years, you would know that Herm sucks. We all know he sucks and is not HC worthy. Why make such a big goddamn deal about it though?

Herm is like that girl that you thought could be the one, and then you find out she's sleeping with all your friends and gave you herpes.

It's kind of tough to let that go.

Because people like to talk about it, air it out, then afterwards everyone will feel better.

(man thats sounds kinda girlish dont it? oh well.)

:fighting0002:

Semper Fi

Yeah but the Chiefs fans are catching on. Good for them.

http://www.chiefshuddle.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48111

Archived