If you were to rank the top ten Qb's actively playing right now

BornJetsFan1983

Whats your list? Would you put Chad on it? Whos number one and who number ten? And of course who do you rank as the worst in the league, as you can guess im saying clemens is the worst, any one else got a suggestion?

Well, Clemens isn't starting. So do you mean worse QB in the NFL or starting? Some teams like the Raiders don't even know who their starting QB is yet. But, based on last years QB's that started at least 1 game I would say you could pick any of the three guys from Oakland, you could also throw Cleo Clemens in the bunch from Miami.

Best is Easy

Payton Manning and I'm not sure Chad falls into the top ten. I would say around 15th or so.

Whats your list? Would you put Chad on it? Whos number one and who number ten? And of course who do you rank as the worst in the league, as you can guess im saying clemens is the worst, any one else got a suggestion?

No.

Saying Clemens is the worst is hardly a fair assessment. You know the averageness of Chad and why you would suggest he is Top 10 is beyond me. Has Clemens even thrown a pass yet?

Chad Pennington shouldn't sniff anybody's Top 10, except for ecurb's of course, because he is, Chad Pennington, posting from Hofstra.

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Carson Palmer

4. Drew Brees

5. Donovan McNabb

6. Marc Bulger

7. Matt Hasselbeck

8. Trent Green

9. Brett Favre

10. Steve McNair

Up & Coming:

Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, J.P. Losman, Philip Rivers, Alex Smith, Matt Schaub & Matt Leinart.

Worst Starting Quarterback:

Josh McCown / Andrew Walter, Oakland

Drum Roll Please.....

First nine other than the first two no order

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Carson Plamer

Donovan McNabb

Trent Green

Marc Bulger

Matt Hasselbeck

Drew Brees

Steve McNair

Second eleven

Byron Leftwich

Vince Young - (Will be top ten by end of next season)

Brett Farve

Chad Pennington

Ben Rothlesberger

Michael Vick ( maybe the most physically gifted athelete to ever play the position)

Jay Cutler

Alex Smith

Jason Campbell

Matt Leinart

Jake Delhome

Chad Pennington shouldn't sniff anybody's Top 10, except for ecurb's of course, because he is, Chad Pennington, posting from Hofstra.

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Carson Palmer

4. Drew Brees

5. Donovan McNabb

6. Marc Bulger

7. Matt Hasselbeck

8. Trent Green

9. Brett Favre

10. Steve McNair

Up & Coming:

Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, J.P. Losman, Philip Rivers, Alex Smith, Matt Schaub & Matt Leinart.

Pennington is arguably going to be better in 07' than the 7-10 QB's you have listed...

Green is old and got his head knocked off last season... he will also be playing for the Phins or Cheifs... neither of which will help him do well...

Farve is an old shell of himself and an INT machine now... still has no targets or team around him either.///

Mcnair is a tossup...

I would say Chad should be somewhere in 7-10

Pennington is arguably going to be better in 07' than the 7-10 QB's you have listed...

Green is old and got his head knocked off last season... he will also be playing for the Phins or Cheifs... neither of which will help him do well...

Farve is an old shell of himself and an INT machine now... still has no targets or team around him either.///

Mcnair is a tossup...

Wow, I'm agreeing with you big e. to an extent. Chad is better now and will be better next year then about 4 or 5 of that list. but not 7.

Mcnair is a tossup...

Yes because Trent Green was horrible with Kansas City.:character42:

Chad Pennington is NOT a Top 10 Quarterback. McNair is getting up there in age, but he can still sling it. It is not Steve McNair's fault that all Brian Billick wanted to do was call plays like Herm late in the season.

1st down. Run

2nd down. Run

3rd down. Pass

Way, way too predictable.

Chad Pennington, if he can find a way to stay healthy for 2 consecutive seasons, will be the 4th best Quarterback in the AFC East once Green lands in Miami with Chambers, Booker & Brown.

Wow, I'm agreeing with you big e. to an extent. Chad is better now and will be better next year then about 4 or 5 of that list. but not 7.

nononono

I meant he is better than the 7 through 10 guys on that list

7. Matt Hasselbeck

8. Trent Green

9. Brett Favre

10. Steve McNair

nononono

I meant he is better than the 7 through 10 guys on that list

7. Matt Hasselbeck

8. Trent Green

9. Brett Favre

10. Steve McNair

Hasselbeck, Green & Favre own Pennington. McNair is the closest debate you can get and he still performed better in '06 with a more predictable offense. Like I said, not his fault, the blame lies on Fassel & Billick for their moronic play calls for more than half of the season, including the playoff game.

It's interesting the people put McNabb on the list.

I love McNabb and I think he takes too much heat from the Philly media (who hates everybody) but when I look at McNabb I see

1) Injury prone: missed significant time three of the last 5 years.

2) big game: Losses in 3 NFC Championships (Two of which the Eagles were favored and at home).

3) Dink and Dunk offense: Andy Reid at time made Hackett look like Air Coryell. *jk*. Seriously though alot of runs and dinks and dunks.

4) The Eagles are no different with McNabb at QB then they are with Garcia, A.J Feeley, Koy Detmer. Now maybe that is because Andy Reid is a great coach, I don't know but is something you notice.

If McNabb was a Jet people would be screaming about him the same way the scream about Chad.

By the way my top ten

1) Brady

2) Manning

3) Brees

4) Bulger

5) Palmer

6) McNair

7) Roethlisberger (sorry folks he is going to have to have another brutal year before I would drop him out of the top ten.)

8) Green

9) McNair

10) Hassleback

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Carson Palmer

4. Drew Brees

5. Donovan McNabb

6. Marc Bulger

7. Matt Hasselbeck

8. Trent Green

9. Brett Favre

10. Steve McNair

Up & Coming:

Trent Green ?

Philip Rivers should be up there.

Hey obviously brady payton ect... but Chad is a top 10 easily, farve hasselback are better? I dont think so, Oh and the clemens worst in the nfl crack was aimed towards all the clemens is our hero jets fans...Chad is somewhere between 6 and 10 in the NFL right now. This year he might even prove to be better

Hasselbeck, Green & Favre own Pennington. McNair is the closest debate you can get and he still performed better in '06 with a more predictable offense. Like I said, not his fault, the blame lies on Fassel & Billick for their moronic play calls for more than half of the season, including the playoff game.

Hasselbeck and Farve do not own Pennington... maybe at points in the past but certainly not in 06' and heading forward...

Hasselbeck and Farve do not own Pennington... maybe at points in the past but certainly not in 06' and heading forward...

Certainly not in '06? Oh wow. PennyBoyWonder did his dink & dunk style against the mighty powerhouse defenses of Houston, Oakland & Miami and all of the sudden he's better then Matt Hasselbeck and Brett Favre? Gimme a break.

And once again, Trent Green has been a Top 10 QB since he got to Kansas City, he can win there and he will win games in Miami. Maybe not a Super Bowl because the front 7 is old and the secondary is weak and his RB is not a 25 carry a game back, but he will win games and Miami will be competitive again.

Trent Green ?

Philip Rivers should be up there.

Trent Green was responsible for one of the most productive offenses in a decade. His stats weren't to far off from Peyton Manning's, and instead of Marvin Harrison he had Johnnie Morton, instead of reggie wayne he had Eddie Kenninson, instead of Brandon Stokley, he had Samie Parker.

So he had his success with 1/2 the talent Manning did. He was just never surrounded with a credible Defense.

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Carson Palmer

5. Marc Bulger

6. Matt Hasselback

7. Chad Pennington

8. Donovan McNabb

9. Philip Rivers

10. Alex Smith

The worst starting QB= Charlie Frye

Donavan Mcnabb is injury prone and shouldn't be top until he plays a full year. Chad isn't Top 10 because he has a below average arm and is injury prone, if he has an all-pro 07 then maybe he'll be there but I doubt he will.

Certainly not in '06? Oh wow. PennyBoyWonder did his dink & dunk style against the mighty powerhouse defenses of Houston, Oakland & Miami and all of the sudden he's better then Matt Hasselbeck and Brett Favre? Gimme a break.

And once again, Trent Green has been a Top 10 QB since he got to Kansas City, he can win there and he will win games in Miami. Maybe not a Super Bowl because the front 7 is old and the secondary is weak and his RB is not a 25 carry a game back, but he will win games and Miami will be competitive again.

And Farve played...

- Miami

- Detroit (twice)

- 49ers

- Arizona

and Hasselbeck played

- Lions

- Arizona (Twice)

- Chiefs

- Raiders

- Packers

Trent Green WAS a top 10 QB... he is not anymore... if ANYONE but Herm was the coach there... he would have never come back last year... he lost his job to Huard.

Donavan Mcnabb is injury prone and shouldn't be top until he plays a full year. Chad isn't Top 10 because he has a below average arm and is injury prone, if he has an all-pro 07 then maybe he'll be there but I doubt he will.

Ok usalually Im with ya, but I dont think him not being able to throw as far as say vick takes him out of the top ten hunt automatically. He has proven that throwing shorter and more accurately can and does win games. Just last year he was competitive with the best teams in the NFL, COlts Patriots etc, getting a win against the NE almost one against INDY, the damn champs, drive for drive with Manning as I remember,,,,great game anyways and his injury prone problemd i believe are done. THe fact that he came back and over came career ending injuries puts him higher in the ranking. Plus out new line is looking good. This year I say he's top 10 and the below ave. arm and injury prone stuff is vull and void. I dont buy it

1.Tom brady

2.Peyton Manning

3.Carson Palmer

4.Drew Brees.

5.Donovan Mc Nabb

6.Marc Bulger

7.Matt Hasselbeck (just)

8.Chad Pennington

9.Ben Roethlisberger

10.Brett Favre (very overated IMO and very lucky to make this list. He is a shadow of his former self now)

Worst starting QB- Whoever is starting for Oakland

Archived