Bills | Fast fact: Smallest receiving corps in NFL

Smizzy

Bills | Fast fact: Smallest receiving corps in NFL

Mon, 4 Jun 2007 06:54:56 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Buffalo Bills have the smallest receiving corps in the NFL, with each of the team's top four receivers measuring under six feet tall.

:confused0058:

:yawn:It doesn't matter if Lee Evans is "better", anyone that believes that the Bills have a good team need to visit Dr. Kervorkian.

The Bills are going to surprise alot of people. Theres alot of things happening with this team that you probably don't know or havent paid attention to, which makes sense since you're not a fan.

Lee Evans is a plain out stud, probably the best WR in the AFCE, top 3 at worst. The other guys are all real solid, nobody is a set #2, but that isnt going to matter if they all contribute like their capable of. I really think we'll be ok.

Not always a bad thing. The Jets ripped people apart with the "Six Feet Under" corps of Coles, Moss, and Chrebet. Too bad the Bills don't have that kind of talent..

I wish we had Coles and Moss today.

Lee Evans is probably better than any of the Jets WRS. Not sure why you say they aren't talented.

Mudflap..you jackass..there is not a single ounce of talent in Buffalo..unless you count the wings.

Not even strippers have talent in Buffalo.

Mudflap..you jackass..there is not a single ounce of talent in Buffalo..unless you count the wings.

Not even strippers have talent in Buffalo.

Like you would know talent if you saw it? Evans is a playmaker touchdown maker. Wish we had him here in NY.

Lee Evans is a GREAT young reciever. So far, he has been the best out of that '04 class of first round receivers. Granted, their other receivers are drizzling ****. Maybe Parrish will break through, who knows? But the Bills have a good young QB, WR, and HB. There are much more hopeless situations around the league than there is in Buffalo.

Lee Evans is a GREAT young reciever. So far, he has been the best out of that '04 class of first round receivers. Granted, their other receivers are drizzling ****. Maybe Parrish will break through, who knows? But the Bills have a good young QB, WR, and HB. There are much more hopeless situations around the league than there is in Buffalo.

Couldnt agree more.

Im not saying were going to the playoffs, or be a great team or anything, but I think we have a good young core of players that should start to bring our offense, and team, to better places than .500 and below football.

:yawn:It doesn't matter if Lee Evans is "better", anyone that believes that the Bills have a good team need to visit Dr. Kervorkian.

Once again, green_blood is 110% correct and everyone else is wrong.:eek:

Wait, oh yeah, thats right, green_blood is wrong once again.

J.P. Losman has another year on his belt and will only get better. They have a running back who actually wants to be there now in Marshawn Lynch, who is more of an explosive back and will improve the offense, even if they still need a #2 Wide Receiver.

Their Offensive Line improved with Dockery and their DLine improved as well. Losing Fletcher-Baker & Clements will hurt, but that is the reason for Angelo Crowell and Ashton Youbouty. Lets give the young kids a try before we write off the Bills for a 5-11, 6-10 season. Buffalo isn't playoff bound, but they will compete and will fall around .500, again.

Id take Evans anyday. The Bills do have some questions though, like how will a mostly new group of linemen gel together, and which losman will we see, the one who had flashes of being a VERY good qb, or the subpar qb we also saw a few games? We'll only see on the field.

The Bills are going to surprise alot of people. Theres alot of things happening with this team that you probably don't know or havent paid attention to, which makes sense since you're not a fan.

Lee Evans is a plain out stud, probably the best WR in the AFCE, top 3 at worst. The other guys are all real solid, nobody is a set #2, but that isnt going to matter if they all contribute like their capable of. I really think we'll be ok.

You guys lost a TON on defense with Spikes, Fletcher and Clements gone. You need to have a lot of people step it up on D to have any sort of a shot. Can't see it happening this year.

No way, the only surprize is if the bills have a good season, the reason people dont pay attension cause thiers no reason. THey are a couple of years away from anyone caring.

Once again, green_blood is 110% correct and everyone else is wrong.:eek:

Wait, oh yeah, thats right, green_blood is wrong once again.

J.P. Losman has another year on his belt and will only get better. They have a running back who actually wants to be there now in Marshawn Lynch, who is more of an explosive back and will improve the offense, even if they still need a #2 Wide Receiver.

Their Offensive Line improved with Dockery and their DLine improved as well. Losing Fletcher-Baker & Clements will hurt, but that is the reason for Angelo Crowell and Ashton Youbouty. Lets give the young kids a try before we write off the Bills for a 5-11, 6-10 season. Buffalo isn't playoff bound, but they will compete and will fall around .500, again.

Losman still hasnt proven squat...

Lynch wants to be there now, but he is from Cal... he will be wanting out once he see's how ****ty Winter is up there too...

Losman still hasnt proven squat...

Lynch wants to be there now, but he is from Cal... he will be wanting out once he see's how ****ty Winter is up there too...

You're right. Warm weather crybaby's from California & Florida can't handle the cold, pussies!

Losman has proven he has a laser, rocket arm and can make all the throws. He improved A LOT last season and will continue to improve with a better Running Back and a better Offensive Line.

Geez, 124, Im willing to call a truce. I realize that all I started was an online war, and as the adage goes, "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded." My opinion doesn't change of you, but personal attacks back and forth are pretty much pointless. Losman hasn't proved jack to the league, and if you can tell me that the Bills improved, I would suggest trying to write your name on your wrist with a razor blade.

p.s.-124, in my opinion, you are the main proponent of personal attacks here anyway. That is where I end it.

You're right. Warm weather crybaby's from California & Florida can't handle the cold, pussies!

Losman has proven he has a laser, rocket arm and can make all the throws. He improved A LOT last season and will continue to improve with a better Running Back and a better Offensive Line.

He also proved that he could suck balls every other game and pass strait to oppsong teams when it would hurt the most. HE did improve over the season but thats easy to do when you suck as bad as he did. Did you say a better running game? are you kidding me, isnt that a little too optamistic? Oh and I think it is a factor that people going to the cold from the warmth of homestates are affected on te field. I call it the Farber factor lol. Bills might compete with crap Miami for 3rd place dut that it

Geez, 124, Im willing to call a truce. I realize that all I started was an online war, and as the adage goes, "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded." My opinion doesn't change of you, but personal attacks back and forth are pretty much pointless. Losman hasn't proved jack to the league, and if you can tell me that the Bills improved, I would suggest trying to write your name on your wrist with a razor blade.

p.s.-124, in my opinion, you are the main proponent of personal attacks here anyway. That is where I end it.

So they lose a 30 year some old linebacker and replace him with younger talent and lose Clements, whose loss, will indeed hurt.

BUT. When you start a franchise, you build from the lines and back. Their DLine and OLine both improved, Evans and Parrish have another year under their belts, as well as Losman, and actually have a back who is coming out HEALTHY and for now, wants to be there. Lynch is going to be a better pro than McGahee who while in Buffalo was nothing better than average if you watched a Bills game that didn't consist of the Jets' horrific run defense trying to stop him.

IMO the Bills improved, slightly, not by much, but they improved. Youbouty is going to do a lot better replacing Clements then some think.

He was actually slightly better than Pennington last year if you go by QB Rating. Also threw more TD and less INTs.

11J.P. LosmanBUF 3051 429 268 19 14 83 84.9

12Chad PenningtonNYJ 3352 485 313 17 16 71 82.6

I believe the difference in qb rating basically reflects the td/int difference.

So they lose a 30 year some old linebacker and replace him with younger talent and lose Clements, whose loss, will indeed hurt.

BUT. When you start a franchise, you build from the lines and back. Their DLine and OLine both improved, Evans and Parrish have another year under their belts, as well as Losman, and actually have a back who is coming out HEALTHY and for now, wants to be there. Lynch is going to be a better pro than McGahee who while in Buffalo was nothing better than average if you watched a Bills game that didn't consist of the Jets' horrific run defense trying to stop him.

IMO the Bills improved, slightly, not by much, but they improved. Youbouty is going to do a lot better replacing Clements then some think.

Didn't they lose two 30 some year old LBs? Willis will probably be an upgrade over Fletcher-Baker, but they sure lost a large part of their '06 D. It will probably take some time to gel.

I believe the difference in qb rating basically reflects the td/int difference.

Didn't they lose two 30 some year old LBs? Willis will probably be an upgrade over Fletcher-Baker, but they sure lost a large part of their '06 D. It will probably take some time to gel.

Ah, true, forgot about good ole' Takeo Spikes. Thats what depth is for though my man, and the Bills have very good YOUNG depth at linebacker.

I don't think their record will indicate it, but I do believe Buffalo will be a better team. Same with the Jets, their record won't show it because they won't improve on 10-6, but they will be a better team.

Ah, true, forgot about good ole' Takeo Spikes. Thats what depth is for though my man, and the Bills have very good YOUNG depth at linebacker.

I don't think their record will indicate it, but I do believe Buffalo will be a better team. Same with the Jets, their record won't show it because they won't improve on 10-6, but they will be a better team.

TKO missed like half the season and when he did play, you couldnt even notice him out there. His loss was the least meaningful of the 3, by far.

wow, why do i see so many overating a jake plumber clone in J.P Losman? The Bills have one of the worst FO in the Nfl for signing someone like langston walker too a huge contract.

walker sucks and as a raiders fan im happy too see him gone. Lee evans is good but who do they have outside of that? No one! They have a pretty crappy coach in dick jaurosn also. I dont see them winning more then 7 games. I see the AFC east like this

1. Pats 14-2- These guys are loaded with talent and will be a serious contender as long as Brady is there. samuel may sit out but they still have alot there too work with in James,hobbs,gay. There secondary has a really good SS in harrison and has a really good young talent in merriweather. The pats have an arsenal of offensive talent as well now too.

2. Jets 11-5

The Jets need a little more out of the TE posistion however that shouldnt be much of a probelem now becuse the TE will get open more with something the jets havent had since c mart got hurt and thats an elite RB. The jets RBs remind me of ty wheat and charlie garner on the 02 raiders.

3. fins 7-9

They got green to try and stablize the QB spot however Green isnt as good as he once was and miami's O-line isnt even close to the chiefs O-line. The defense will carry this team but for how long?

4. bills 6-10

J.P losman is grossly overated and will show why next season. Langston walker starting on any O-line means problems and marshwn is a great talent but can only do so much.

Archived