HB Chris Brown To The Patriots? (from ESPN insider)

jetfuel

WHO

s6429.jpg

Chris Brown

Titans

INTERESTED:

Patriots?

Patriots' need filled?

<Jun. 8> New England might continue to monitor the status of Brown, arguably the best running back still available, and a guy who would provide the Pats a viable replacement to the departed Corey Dillon as the backup to starter Laurence Maroney, writes Len Pasquarelli. However, the urgency to find a veteran running back might have been somewhat assuaged this week. Sammy Morris, signed as an unrestricted free agent this spring, had a very productive minicamp, catching the ball well and actually displaying more versatility than Dillon had. Brown rushed for 1,067 yards in 2004 and 851 yards in 2005 and, while he absorbs a lot of hits because of his upright running style, the guy doesn't have much tread rubbed off his tires. He has carried only 541 times in four years and appeared in just five games in 2006.

a lot of times these "greatest off seasons ever!" don't work out as well on the field as they look on paper.

I Agree, reminds me of Snyder trying to buy washington a Super Bowl....we all know how that is going. They are good signings, but it will be interesting to see how the chemistry works out.

I Agree, reminds me of Snyder trying to buy washington a Super Bowl....we all know how that is going. They are good signings, but it will be interesting to see how the chemistry works out.

The biggest difference is we don't have Steve Spurrier trying to run the show.

Newsflash: Pats are not over-paying for any of their free-agent signings, with the exception of Welker....and that is still kind of short (pun intended). Vets WANT to play for the Patriots. Feels good.

Newsflash: Pats are not over-paying for any of their free-agent signings, with the exception of Welker....and that is still kind of short (pun intended). Vets WANT to play for the Patriots. Feels good.

Ding ding, spot on. They have gay boy and a coach that the media (and probably a lot of players) worship which makes it a very attractive place to play. Oh yeah, and they were a severe 2nd half meltdown from the super bowl last year. That helps too.

The Jets will be that team in 2 years. For now, we just need to keep doing what we're doing.

Chris Brown, in a platoon set, would be a very good rb, jmo.

Name the last team that brought in a lot of free agents that has actually won a championship in the NFL-just food for thought for the Pats.

The Patriots in 01'. Pretty sure about 3/4 of their team was free agents.

The Patriots in 01'. Pretty sure about 3/4 of their team was free agents.

They signed like 19 that year and the total bonus money was under a million I believe.

Name the last team that brought in a lot of free agents that has actually won a championship in the NFL-just food for thought for the Pats.

I like you mate, but Alk and PFSIKH just owned you!

In 2001 the Pats brought in at least 20 Free Agents.

I like you mate, but Alk and PFSIKH just owned you!

In 2001 the Pats brought in at least 20 Free Agents.

How many starters and big name FA's?

The used FA's to replace MASSIVE parts and pieces this time around..

could you post the whole rumor central thing?

Friday, June 8WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNYs4659.jpg

Daunte Culpepper

Dolphins

Ravens?

Jaguars?

Culpepper's logical fit?

<Jun. 8> The team that makes the most sense for Culpepper once he's cut by the Dolphins is Baltimore, writes John Clayton. Steve McNair was acquired to make a two- or three-year run at the playoffs. He took the starting job from Kyle Boller, who is entering the final year of his contract. Although the Ravens would like Boller to learn behind McNair and then re-emerge as a starter in a couple of years, Boller probably could use a change of scenery. Where Culpepper fits in is that he could sign a two- or three-year deal as a bridge to the future. Former first-rounders David Carr and Joey Harrington set the market by signing for around $3 million a year on two-year deals. Culpepper's record and history surpass Carr and Harrington, but it will be hard for him to get more than those two players.

With Byron Leftwich entering the final year of his contract, the Jaguars are also a possibility for Culpepper.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNYs5990.jpg

Alex Brown

Bears

Chiefs?

Titans?

Brown drawing interest

<Jun. 8> Chicago officials haven't necessarily ramped up efforts to trade Brown, but the Bears are starting to get more interest in the five-year veteran defensive end, who has been on the market for the past two months, writes Len Pasquarelli. At least two teams, the Titans and Chiefs, have demonstrated serious interest in Brown, a starter for most of his career, in recent days. It is believed that a third team had also indicated interest in Brown, but that club has backed off some in its pursuit of the former University of Florida standout. Kansas City would like to pair Brown with end Jared Allen to give the team a more potent pass rush. The Titans see Brown as a player capable of taking some of the pressure off Kyle Vanden Bosch, their top sack threat.

It's believed the Bears are seeking a third- or fourth-round draft pick, a pretty reasonable price for a player with Brown's r

How many starters and big name FA's?

The used FA's to replace MASSIVE parts and pieces this time around..

Are you looking for a history lesson?

Parcells took the Pats to the Super Bowl in '96 and then jumped to the Jets.

Pete "pumped and jacked" Carroll took over in '97. The Pats went 10-6, 9-7 & 8-8 in Carroll's 3 seasons with the Pats.

Belichick took over in 2000 and gutted the roster. The Pats went 5-11 that year and won the Super Bowl the next season.

FA's have always been a big part of the Patriot model.

Thats too damn long... just get ESPN the magazine and you become an insider...

When I subscribed to ESPN insider, I got a lot of bogus information. John Clayton doesn't know anything more than what he's told by various beat writers. If that was the case in Jetsville; Mangini is a bad coach cause Leberfeld complains about his injury disclosures...

More than half of the rumors reported on ESPN-insider are unfounded, and more than that percentage are passing rumors that have long-passed. That site doesn't remove the rumors once they've passed; it simply moves them down the page.... It's no new news that the Pats were looking at Brown. That was a "current" rumor more than three weeks ago.

For updated news look at KFFL.com, or Rotoworld.com.

ESPN-Insider is a joke.

Archived