Jets want Houston back...

gangreenman

According to a Tennesse newspaper, the New York Jets have contacted both Cedric Houston's college RB coach and his mother trying to 'hunt him down'. However, the coach says he has had no contact with Houston and has no idea where he is and his mother has basically said that she will stand by whatever Cedric has decided to do.

The fact that the Jets are trying to reach out to Houston (who has apparently made himself anonymous somewhere in Tennessee) can mean one of two things IMO. 1) TJ's injury is more serious then the Jets are letting on. Or 2) The hets are not impressed with either Alvin Banks or Danny Ware and would like some more depth behind Leon... Also, the fact that the Jets are reportedly hunting him down means that they didnt force Houston out and Houston didnt do anything that would discourage the Jets enough to not want him.

From what everybody who knows Houston says, they too feal that his decision was very strange and out of character for a guy who loved football so much. And the fact that the Jets still want him makes this whole thing even more bizarre.

According to a Tennesse newspaper, the New York Jets have contacted both Cedric Houston's college RB coach and his mother trying to 'hunt him down'. However, the coach says he has had no contact with Houston and has no idea where he is and his mother has basically said that she will stand by whatever Cedric has decided to do.

The fact that the Jets are trying to reach out to Houston (who has apparently made himself anonymous somewhere in Tennessee) can mean one of two things IMO. 1) TJ's injury is more serious then the Jets are letting on. Or 2) The hets are not impressed with either Alvin Banks or Danny Ware and would like some more depth behind Leon... Also, the fact that the Jets are reportedly hunting him down means that they didnt force Houston out and Houston didnt do anything that would discourage the Jets enough to not want him.

From what everybody who knows Houston says, they too feal that his decision was very strange and out of character for a guy who loved football so much. And the fact that the Jets still want him makes this whole thing even more bizarre.

Weird. Just weird.

I feel for C.Houston... I mean yea he loves the game of football but at the same time what player really enjoys going to practice almost each and everyday, going to meetings, learning the playbooks... Just to sit on the bench come football sundays? Yea there is always that chance of Thomas Jones or Leon Washington getting hurt but at the same time, I feel C.Houston... I mean in his mind he knows he can be a starter in the NFL or atleast a backup (Thats what I feel) But why put so much enery just to be a 3rd string back?

Yea I know hard work will pay off in the long run, but Cedric already got paid, and hey... Why not just enjoy life with family and friends? It's just weird to me how a player like Houston can give it his all his whole life, maybe since the age of 10, and then... Just walk away from the game of football, its just weird.

I feel for C.Houston... I mean yea he loves the game of football but at the same time what player really enjoys going to practice almost each and everyday, going to meetings, learning the playbooks... Just to sit on the bench come football sundays? Yea there is always that chance of Thomas Jones or Leon Washington getting hurt but at the same time, I feel C.Houston... I mean in his mind he knows he can be a starter in the NFL or atleast a backup (Thats what I feel) But why put so much enery just to be a 3rd string back?

Yea I know hard work will pay off in the long run, but Cedric already got paid, and hey... Why not just enjoy life with family and friends? It's just weird to me how a player like Houston can give it his all his whole life, maybe since the age of 10, and then... Just walk away from the game of football, its just weird.

The guy was playing the sport he loved in a league he could only dream of playing in since the time he was born and getting paid an amount of money that he was never able to get his hands on before he signed....

Being only 25 yrs old and coming off your best season, you dont just quit because the Jets traded for someone who plays your position.

The guy was playing the sport he loved in a league he could only dream of playing in since the time he was born and getting paid an amount of money that he was never able to get his hands on before he signed....

Being only 25 yrs old and coming off your best season, you dont just quit because the Jets traded for someone who plays your position.

Best season? Not really...

that was his best season as a pro.

He played in 8 games last year...

05' he started 4 games (played in 12) and had a better YPC by half a yard...

05' was his best season... 06' he was hurt and in the doghouse...

If the guy's heart and desire is not into it he will not be the player you want.

Unless he's Barry Sanders. I swear... Barry Sanders would NEVER celebrate after a great run or a nice TD... You can call him humble, but I just feel his heart was not in the game. His dad once told him... "Son, when you score a TD, act like you been there before" And Barry took it to heart and would NEVER celebrate... Ok, I dont know why Im talking about Sanders right about now, I think I still have a hangover or something, but...

If this is true, then this leaves me to believe that Thomas Jones' injury is a bit more serious than originally thought to be.

Either that or the Jets are worried that the type of injury Jones suffered is one that leaves him vulnerabe to a reinjury and want to make sure they have as much depth as possible at the position.... If not one of those two, that means that both Ware and Banks just SUCK, lol.

This sounds like a complete 180 deghree turn for this guy. I know I'm the chemical dude but there could be a lot of body chemical reasons for this out of character behavior. Depression comes to mind first but there could be others including bipolar. I'm certainly not implying anything..... just sayin.

This sounds like a complete 180 deghree turn for this guy. I know I'm the chemical dude but there could be a lot of body chemical reasons for this out of character behavior. Depression comes to mind first but there could be others including bipolar. I'm certainly not implying anything..... just sayin.

Most importantly I hope he is taking care of himself and is happy with the decision. best of luck Cedric.

Sorry i forgot to include this portion last night, but the article also said the he has not been in contact with his wife or his children, who live in Arkansas...And all the family knows is that he is somewhere in Tenn...

This whole situation is VERY, VERY, ODD.

Most importantly I hope he is taking care of himself and is happy with the decision. best of luck Cedric.

Good point Raffy. Taking care of himself is #1. I hope he's happy with his decision and wish him all the best. I would have loved to see him in Green and White again this year.

I rooted for Cedric when he was here, especially with the whole thyroid thing. But I never though he was anything special. I like the looks of Danny Ware. I'd like to see him get more reps with the first team this week with Jones hurt.

I mean, Houston was the third string here, nothing more. If our current UFA's can't cut it, I'd think someone else's late cut will.

I rooted for Cedric when he was here, especially with the whole thyroid thing. But I never though he was anything special. I like the looks of Danny Ware. I'd like to see him get more reps with the first team this week with Jones hurt.

I mean, Houston was the third string here, nothing more. If our current UFA's can't cut it, I'd think someone else's late cut will.

I'm sure that the FO is watching tapes of the other games as we speak.

Sorry i forgot to include this portion last night, but the article also said the he has not been in contact with his wife or his children, who live in Arkansas...And all the family knows is that he is somewhere in Tenn...

This whole situation is VERY, VERY, ODD.

Now THAT is even stranger. Maybe he's just feeling he's let people down.

He talks funny, ya see. Yea, funny I said, funny.....

Archived