Herman Edwards Is A LOUSY Football Coach

SoFlaJets

I just finished watching the 4th installment of Hard Knocks. After 4 episodes I have yet to see Herm interact with Tim Krumrie and/or Gunther Cunnimngham-not ONCE. That team is in trouble guys. Herm slept for 2 days in his office trying to come to a decision on who to start Huard or Croyle-it is a no-brainer but there he is with Dick Curl and Solari the OC trying to evaluate what any one of us would know already.

I have yet to see him teach one thing to any man on that team-his style of coaching consists of telling them they know what they have to do, and asking them what kind of a team do they want to be-without showing them what the MUST do and BE.

It's almost like one of those teachers you had in HS who didnt care and just gave you the pages to read and told you there'd a be a test on it tomorrow-without explaining any of it. He SUCKS

I just finished watching the 4th installment of Hard Knocks. After 4 episodes I have yet to see Herm interact with Tim Krumrie and/or Gunther Cunnimngham-not ONCE. That team is in trouble guys. Herm slept for 2 days in his office trying to come to a decision on who to start Huard or Croyle-it is a no-brainer but there he is with Dick Curl and Solari the OC trying to evaluate what any one of us would know already.

I have yet to see him teach one thing to any man on that team-his style of coaching consists of telling them they know what they have to do, and asking them what kind of a team do they want to be-without showing them what the MUST do and BE.

It's almost like one of those teachers you had in HS who didnt care and just gave you the pages to read and told you there'd a be a test on it tomorrow-without explaining any of it. He SUCKS

Thats not true! I THOROUGHLY remember Herm teaching one of his WR's to "cradle the ball" with his chest rather then try to catch with his hands!!:character42:

Thats not true! I THOROUGHLY remember Herm teaching one of his WR's to "cradle the ball" with his chest rather then try to catch with his hands!!:character42:

you're right ggm-the one time in an episode he taught-he taught something wrong

Herm slept for 2 days in his office trying to come to a decision on who to start Huard or Croyle-it is a no-brainer but there he is with Dick Curl and Solari the OC trying to evaluate what any one of us would know already.

And Herpy still got it wrong. He wants Croyle, but Peterson trumped him went with Huard. Croyle is Herpy's guy becuase he went to Alabama and has a good arm.

Herpy has no business being an NFL HC. NONE. Hw makes Jerry Glanville look like Einstein.

You just said that Herm slept in his office two nights thinking about a decision to be made and then you compared him to a high school teacher didn't care.

Call Herm a bad coach all you want but the man cares. He puts in the hours, implying that he is going through the motions is not accurate.

O.J. Simpson is a murderer.

Michael Vick is an animal lover.

Rush Limbaugh is fat.

Tom Skerritt has a bad-ass moustache.

Roseanne Barr isn't a very good singer.

Max is a homo.

The Troll is a fantasy football expert that just happens to finish in last place all the time.

You just said that Herm slept in his office two nights thinking about a decision to be made and then you compared him to a high school teacher didn't care.

Call Herm a bad coach all you want but the man cares. He puts in the hours, implying that he is going through the motions is not accurate.

it would have been time better spent reviewing what was going wrong with his team Max-instead of agonizing over a no-brainer decision like who to start at QB for two sleepless nights...it was a bad use of time. It's either do we want to win (Huard) or is this a rebuilding year (Croyle)?

Can we just move on. This fixiation on Herman Edwards makes no sense. He is no longer our coach why waste energy mental or phyiscal. I propose we ban any and all further discussion about him until we play them.

because it is relevant-regardless if he was our HC or not-it's on HBO every week-it's a look inside an NFL franchise that we don't normally get to see-that's why it matters...it has nothing to do with the NY Jets-it's about a head coach and how he is destroying his team

Can we just move on. This fixiation on Herman Edwards makes no sense. He is no longer our coach why waste energy mental or phyiscal. I propose we ban any and all further discussion about him until we play them.

Help! I'm tripping and I can't get down!

Hermy Krishna!

E9foQOoekzQ

I gotta say I watched an interview with herm on nfl network early this am and he is a stand up guy.

family is important to him. all wives & kids of his ass't coaches are welcome to arrowhead stadium anytime.

whether he is a good coach or not is another story. not an x & o's guy but seems to instill a very positive attitude into whatever team he coaches.

there are a lot worse humans in the nfl than herm edwards.

I gotta say I watched an interview with herm on nfl network early this am and he is a stand up guy.

family is important to him. all wives & kids of his ass't coaches are welcome to arrowhead stadium anytime.

whether he is a good coach or not is another story. not an x & o's guy but seems to instill a very positive attitude into whatever team he coaches.

there are a lot worse humans in the nfl than herm edwards.

.......and we all know what Leo Durocher said about nice guys jw

hmmmm,,

all media reports when he was Jets HC were that he didnt spend ungodly hours in office,,he spent more time than other coaches with media EVERY day,, but he wasnt known for mangini/belly type all nighters..used to say I promised Lia we would have dinner, blah blah blah,,

I FIRMLY beleive this is typical Herm and he put on a show for HBO cameras in this case

hmmmm,,

all media reports when he was Jets HC were that he didnt spend ungodly hours in office,,he spent more time than other coaches with media EVERY day,, but he wasnt known for mangini/belly type all nighters..used to say I promised Lia we would have dinner, blah blah blah,,

I FIRMLY beleive this is typical Herm and he put on a show for HBO cameras in this case

and I didn't say he didn't care I said he was a lousy coach

Good point SoFla, this pretty much sums up the entire Herman Edwards experience in a nutshell and this is what his biggest backers always overlook.

I liked Herm Edwards for most of the time he was our coach, so this isn't another one of those Herm is an idiot threads written b/c I hate the guy. This is an observation as to what goes on BEHIND the scenes. I'm not seeing much I like either. Look, I loved Mr.Czya as a coach in school but he was a crappy Health teacher. He would actually sit at the desk with his feet up reading The Star Ledger and said "do what you want" that's what Herman Edwards is like-a guy who maybe puts TOO MUCH trust in the players...and with Dick Curl at his side there is a real disconnect between the offense and defense-it's like 2 completely different teams in one

We probably do spend too much time on Edwards and should move on, but please, no more Herm is a stand up guy pronouncements. I thought so too until he pulled his "I am underpaid" routine and played footsies with Petersen as soon as Vermeil announced he was retiring after the 2005 season, thus forcing his way out, all the while saying he wasn't going anywhere.

Yeah, real stand up guy.

The fact that Herm is actually considering starting a bum like Croyle over Damon Huard, a pretty good QB who saved his season last year, is indicative that he knows very little about football.

Herm may not be a great X'a and O's type of coach... But at the same time he always has his playes playing on the same page... For example, Herms teams are usually well coached, when he was the coach of the Jets we would usually ALWAYS win the Turnover battle and we would really NEVER make any stupid mistakes as far as penalties go.

But to make a long story short... Im glad we have Mangini.

Herm actually reminds of T.Dundy... Not because they are both black, lol, but because they come from the same coaching tree out in Tampa and also players really respect them as men... And when players wanna play hard for thier coach, well just look at the feel good story out in Indy. Bottom line is this... Players like Herm because Herm has respect for his veteran players and guess what? Players repsect Herm as a man and come Sundays... They play for him.

Im starting to get worried with all this tough guy bs coming from our Front office... If the players stop playing for the coach... Thats the end of it right there. Look at the Giants.

The fact that Herm is actually considering starting a bum like Croyle over Damon Huard, a pretty good QB who saved his season last year, is indicative that he knows very little about football.

ahhh, but Herm does know,, he is setting up his 2007 crap record with his 'new qb rebuilding 101' speech

Herm's a great guy. Upstanding. Moral. High Character (except the occasional lie here and there) But what advantages does he bring to an organization that you won't find in another coach. Football Intelligence? Organization? Playcalling? Game Management?

Herm's known as a player's coach, a motivator, but professional NFL players are already basically motivated.

That's why I never cared for Edwards. As hard working as he might be he doesn't bring much to the table if you want your team to eat at the big dinner. Don't call me a racist, but Herm is a product of the NFL's affirmative action policies.

hmmmm,,

Really-what decision was there to make? Croyle completed 4 passes, no TDs nor scroingd rives, and had 3 INTs in his showcase exhibition, while Huard showed himself to be a decent replacement level NFL QB over 3/4s of the 2006 season. There wasn't anything to agonize over, unless you are trying to impress the cameras.

One thing that cracks me up-allowing Dick Curl to make any decison beyond lunch is laughable. You can almost see Carl Peterson looking at Curl every time he talks and saying to himself"How did I allow Edwards to hire this IDIOT to ruin the offense?"

because it is relevant-regardless if he was our HC or not-it's on HBO every week-it's a look inside an NFL franchise that we don't normally get to see-that's why it matters...it has nothing to do with the NY Jets-it's about a head coach and how he is destroying his team

How is he destroying the Chiefs? Assuming you are correct, I hope they are toast by the time we play them. But I do not think he is destroying a team

Herm was black when he needed it,,Herms white german mom will be used when he gets canned and he is looking to resurrect NFL Eurpoe and land a gig with the Frankfurt team..

There is no such thing as NFL Europe...

Archived