NoFunLeague strikes again - Owens fined $7,500 for spycam TD celebration

Owens fined 'thousands' for videotape TD celebration

Associated Press

IRVING, Texas -- After seeing the videotape of Terrell Owens' latest touchdown celebration, the NFL office wasn't laughing.

Owens said Wednesday he was fined "a good chunk of money" -- which he later defined as thousands of dollars -- for a celebration that included him using the goal post and football to poke fun at the New England Patriots' spying scandal during Dallas' 37-20 victory over Miami this past Sunday.

A league spokesman said the fine was $7,500.

"It wasn't even the fact I used the goal post as a prop," Owens said. "They said I used the ball."

Beyond being confused about what he can and can't do, Owens is frustrated by the league's policing of end-zone scenes.

"It's kind of hard to understand the rules," he said. "It's like you can't do nothing no more. ... Dude, it's like they're trying to find any way to take fun out of the game. So I'm kind of limited right now as far as what I can do."

T.O. plotted his celebration days before, after getting suggestions from callers on his weekly radio show. He said he likes making them timely.

Now, though, he's going to be more careful with what he does.

"Nothing's worth getting a fine for," he said.

Owens said he'll consider an appeal, but "it may not even be worth it."

How about saving his act until he gets to the sideline?

"I guess so," he said. "Next, they're going to be saying you can't go to the sidelines."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

I didn't see him do this. Was it good?

We should take up a collection for him.

I thought it was funny, and I think this fine is really retarded. Get caught cheating and putting the integrity of the game in question, take a $500k fine, do a 2 second entertaining action and you get fined $7500, even though you harmed nobody and entertained lots of fans.

The NFL's message is clear: we condone what BB did and were forced to slap him on the wrist, but now we will not tolerate anybody bringing it up again.

F-U NFL, this is really pathetic. And I hate TO, gimme a break, only the NFL could be stupid enough to get me to put that hate aside and sympathise with the dude.

I hate the way the NFL fines players (even token amounts) for TD celebrations. You know what? IMHO: as long as it isn't unsportsmanlike to the other team, do it. Yeah, some crusty-nutted douches don't like the celebrations at all, but they'll watch them, and the rest of us will be entertained and have something extra to talk about on Monday.

I'm not sure that this was BECAUSE of the Pats connection, but whether it was or wasn't, it was an example of the NFL taking some of the fun out of the game, and ignoring what a lot of fans wanted to see.

That's IT? T.O. is all kinds of a jackass, but that seemed pretty tame to me. Maybe Goodell doesn't want any league members making light of this & merely used the written rule as an excuse. I think pretty much all these celebrations are classless. But if you're going to allow any of them, this one was pretty innocuous.

That's IT? T.O. is all kinds of a jackass, but that seemed pretty tame to me. Maybe Goodell doesn't want any league members making light of this & merely used the written rule as an excuse. I think pretty much all these celebrations are classless. But if you're going to allow any of them, this one was pretty innocuous.

It may have been innocuous, but it obvioulsy hit a nerve. Sorta like when someone here makes a retard comment, and some get all bent out of shape over an innocuous comment.

Look...I hate TO...think he's a dooosh(I<3EB) nozzel...but this is stupid.

You telling me guys can go out there and BREAK THERE GOD DAMN NECKS for this league but the can't celebrate when they score a TD? it's a crock of junk...yes..a CROCK OF JUNK! their just words...they don't control us!

If you want to hand the ball to the ref after you score...great...if you want to celebrate....go for it. We pay lot's of money to the NoFunLeague....give me my mother****ing End zone dances, Lambeau leaps,whatever. If Chad Johnson wants to stuff 3 midget cheerleaders down his pants and run his route,score a TD and then pull them out of his pants to do a choreographed celebration in the endzone...he should be allowed to!

If you want to hand the ball to the ref after you score...great...if you want to celebrate....go for it. We pay lot's of money to the NoFunLeague....give me my mother****ing End zone dances, Lambeau leaps,whatever. If Chad Johnson wants to stuff 3 midget cheerleaders down his pants and run his route,score a TD and then pull them out of his pants to do a choreographed celebration in the endzone...he should be allowed to!

You should really e-mail Chad this idea and see what he thinks of it.;-)

You should really e-mail Chad this idea and see what he thinks of it.;-)

It gets rediculas at times ,Ithink if spygate didn`t happen then TO doesn`t get fined the leauge wants this to go away ,with all the negitive BS in football and all sports for that matter I think what T.O. & C.J. is great for the league ,now maybe there should be a limit of how many per game can be done ,but as long as they are in good taste who cares

It gets rediculas at times ,Ithink if spygate didn`t happen then TO doesn`t get fined the leauge wants this to go away ,with all the negitive BS in football and all sports for that matter I think what T.O. & C.J. is great for the league ,now maybe there should be a limit of how many per game can be done ,but as long as they are in good taste who cares

True. And in Ocho Cinco's defense, he only does one per game. He wanted to do two Dawg Pound leaps last week but he and his teammates restricted him to one.:P

Archived