Jets Sign WR

DonCorleone

Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Jets have signed WR David Clowney to the active roster from to the Packers practice squad.

Clowney is a speedy wide receiver who was drafted in the fifth round of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers and was the 22nd receiver selected. He clocked in at 4.35 seconds in the 40-yard dash at his campus pro day. Of his 93 catches for Virginia Tech in his career, 17 of them went for 20 yards or longer. His 93 receptions rank seventh on the school

Nice. Leon is a threat as a Kick Returner, but do we really want to risk injury for him back there? And if thats not the case, nobody is stepping up at Punt Returner yet and Clowney could fill the shoes there as well. Should be interesting to see how long he stays on the team and if he can get onto the field. We now are carrying six wide receivers.

Nice. Leon is a threat as a Kick Returner, but do we really want to risk injury for him back there? And if thats not the case, nobody is stepping up at Punt Returner yet and Clowney could fill the shoes there as well. Should be interesting to see how long he stays on the team and if he can get onto the field. We now are carrying six wide receivers.

Here are some extra stats.

http://www.packers.com/team/players/clowney_david/

Well then that takes care of the deep passing game. Now on to the defensive line.

Pats get Randy Moss

Jets get David Clowney

Easy. Stop trying to put a square peg in a round hole. 43 personal does not work in the 34.

Well then that takes care of the deep passing game. Now on to the defensive line.

Pats get Randy Moss

Jets get David Clowney

They both will have had Chad Pennington throw to them-the only thing that have in common.

I hope that this WR is not prone to concussions. I hear that the Jets are working on a new helmet. They plan to call it "Chad Proof"

Right... and Vinny T's rocket arm didnt cause Chrebet any Concussions at all...

Get real...

Lets see if this kid actually has the VISION needed to be a player. If he couldn't crack the PACKERS roster at wr, then he can't be all that great. Speed aint everything, ask Reggie Bush right now. Oh, and, I think I give up arguing for Chad, we need more ZIP, and a QB with a good enough arm to be accurate at 10 yds, unlike Chad now. Sorry Chad, but I just can't claim that your heart, smarts and competitive fire can make up for your physical shortcomings. I want to see Kellen again, sans J-Drop. It is still a young season, but the FO hasn't looked as godlike as they did during the offseason now that it seems that te running hasn't improved with Jones.

Lets see if this kid actually has the VISION needed to be a player. If he couldn't crack the PACKERS roster at wr, then he can't be all that great. Speed aint everything, ask Reggie Bush right now. Oh, and, I think I give up arguing for Chad, we need more ZIP, and a QB with a good enough arm to be accurate at 10 yds, unlike Chad now. Sorry Chad, but I just can't claim that your heart, smarts and competitive fire can make up for your physical shortcomings. I want to see Kellen again, sans J-Drop. It is still a young season, but the FO hasn't looked as godlike as they did during the offseason now that it seems that te running hasn't improved with Jones.

I think that he may be more of a return guy. Which leads to the question, if he's any good at returns, why isn't he on GB roster as that?

Lets see if this kid actually has the VISION needed to be a player. If he couldn't crack the PACKERS roster at wr, then he can't be all that great. Speed aint everything, ask Reggie Bush right now. Oh, and, I think I give up arguing for Chad, we need more ZIP, and a QB with a good enough arm to be accurate at 10 yds, unlike Chad now. Sorry Chad, but I just can't claim that your heart, smarts and competitive fire can make up for your physical shortcomings. I want to see Kellen again, sans J-Drop. It is still a young season, but the FO hasn't looked as godlike as they did during the offseason now that it seems that te running hasn't improved with Jones.[/quote]

When did you think they looked god like? When they were screwing around with Kendall like a bunch of HS seniors picking on the freshman because they had his replacement all lined up? While they were dicking around with Revis over adding a year to his contract only to cave and pay through the nose? Failing to address NT even in a backup fashion or the O line beyond a 6th round pick were other favorites of mine.

As Don Coreleone says, this kid is probably just a returner, he also was an '07 pick. The Jets picked Stuckey at WR in the 7th, maybe this kid was just rated higher and they want to take a peek. They have the space with Spencer moved for whatever reason that was.

Archived