ecurb: Ready to concede yet?

Jetsfan80

Look, ecurb, I admire you for remaining one of the lone dissenters to the Clemens bandwagon and sticking by your boy, Chad. It's always good to have a strong minority viewpoint. After all, its minority viewpoint, not majority rule, where progress happens in this country or in any other.

But you're running out of excuses for Chad Pennington. 5 costly INT's in 2 close games have put us at 1-4 instead of 3-2. You can't use the excuse "he had one bad game" anymore, its become a trend. As President Bush said "Fool me once, uh, shame on, uh, you; fool me twice, uh....well.....uh....we can't, we can't get fooled again!"

Pennington is not the only reason for the meltdowns of the last 2 weeks, but he sure isn't looking like the saving grace or "face of the franchise" anymore. And he's getting paid a lot of money, still, to be the guy.

So I'd like to hear your responses to the following queries:

1) Are you ready to concede that you were wrong about Chad Pennington?

2) If no to the first question, state your case. If yes, what do you have to say to the steadily growing Clemens bandwagon?

Ecurb as nothing to concede. If Clemens plays and does well, that's different. Until then, there's no reason to believe different.

That said, I'm ready to write off the season and let Clemens get some experience. Chad should sit back and enjoy his millions without worrying about our joke of an o-line getting him killed.

Ecurb as nothing to concede. If Clemens plays and does well, that's different. Until then, there's no reason to believe different.

That said, I'm ready to write off the season and let Clemens get some experience. Chad should sit back and enjoy his millions without worrying about our joke of an o-line getting him killed.

IIRC correctly Ecurb has done nothing but praise Clemens.

Same with me, I like Clemens and his time seems to be getting closer but for now I'll give Chad one last shot and I mean that literally, one more screw up and thats it.

thats the bottom line actually summed up nicely,,

perfect time for a) experience and B) to see if he has the right stuff

As most of you know I have been a huge supporter of Chad for years and still think he is a good QB but it is time to kick the team in the pants and put in Kellen Clemens.

1. While it might not ALL be Chad at this point, we used to say "But at least he wins.." well, he is not winning, so time to move on.

2. Thomas Jones is not working out. The guy, so far, is a bust and he needs to know no position is sacred. If Chad gets sat down, TJ is next up in a week or two.

3. If Kellen if the future, better get him used to the game. This team is 1 or 2 losses away from a non-playoff season so time to see what he can do.

Chad will always hold a place in my heart and hope he can rebound, but it is time for a shake up of huge proportions.

BZ

1) Are you ready to concede that you were wrong about Chad Pennington?

At what point was he wrong?

Opening day 2006, when the clear consensus going into the season was that Pennington had won the QB competition in tc?

Last season, when for the few plays Kellen got in, he looked like a deer in the headlights? I understand everyone wants to win the SB, but were any of you really unhappy AT THE TIME with 10-6 and a playoff appearance?

Opening day 2007, against New England, who has one of the best defensive coaches as their HC and would have feasted on a guy making his first start?

(And btw, Pennington was one of the few jets who played well that day.)

Against Miami, when Pennington was fine and the Jets won in spite of the defense making Trent look like an All-Pro?

Against Buffalo, with the Jets coming off the Miami win?

I dont think the evidence to start Clemens really turned in his favor until after the Buffalo game, and was driven home by yesterday's debacle.

But as of now, ecurb is on his own. ;-)

As most of you know I have been a huge supporter of Chad for years and still think he is a good QB but it is time to kick the team in the pants and put in Kellen Clemens.

1. While it might not ALL be Chad at this point, we used to say "But at least he wins.." well, he is not winning, so time to move on.

2. Thomas Jones is not working out. The guy, so far, is a bust and he needs to know no position is sacred. If Chad gets sat down, TJ is next up in a week or two.

3. If Kellen if the future, better get him used to the game. This team is 1 or 2 losses away from a non-playoff season so time to see what he can do.

Chad will always hold a place in my heart and hope he can rebound, but it is time for a shake up of huge proportions.

BZ

I have to disagree on TJ. I don't believe all of a sudden he forgot how to run the ball...he didn't have this problem last year in Chicago. A lot of the blame has to go to the O line which cannot run block it seems.

I have to disagree on TJ. I don't believe all of a sudden he forgot how to run the ball...he didn't have this problem last year in Chicago. A lot of the blame has to go to the O line which cannot run block it seems.

The o-line might be a little bit of it, but come on, two games of 12/35 and 13/36.

Please.

BZ

The o-line might be a little bit of it, but come on, two games of 12/35 and 13/36.

Please.

BZ

How did Leon do:

9 for 11 was it???

Its the O-line, they are getting blown up at the line of scrimmage.All this talk of 8 in the box is BS, why would a team put 8 in the box when they are pushing our line backwards anyhow???

How did Leon do:

9 for 11 was it???

Its the O-line, they are getting blown up at the line of scrimmage.All this talk of 8 in the box is BS, why would a team put 8 in the box when they are pushing our line backwards anyhow???

9 for 13. Dont shortchange him :)

And the boxscore lists his longest run as 10, so take that away and he was 8 for 3 the rest of the time. But let's not let that get in the way of a good TJ bashing ;-)

9 for 13. Dont shortchange him :)

And the boxscore lists his longest run as 10, so take that away and he was 8 for 3 the rest of the time. But let's not let that get in the way of a good TJ bashing ;-)

It's hard to run when your formation tells the defense a running play is coming. Every time that RB, no matter who it is, is in the deep set, it's a run. EVERY TIME. The Giants were run blitzing 7 or 8 people every time that formation was used, and an O-line made up of HOFers at every position couldn't block that.

Add in the fact that every team knows our receivers are not deep home-run threats, and it's easy to see why Jones is getting no yards.

Now cut that out before we have to have sooth make a guest appearance and explain the morality of not treating everyone with respect!

I dont like that guy, he annoys me.:blowup:

Sure wishing death on him may be a step too far so instead of death I just hope he loses a leg or an eye or something.:confused0082:

Now cut that out before we have to have sooth make a guest appearance and explain the morality of not treating everyone with respect!

C'mon that board has been seriously svcking and dripping with animosity and bitterness for a while now. He had to say something.

No, I dont hate him. i dont hate anyone on any of the MBs, and I dont hate our players. I'll argue with people on threads sometimes, but i dont hate them.

I do hate being 1-4, but jeez.

This football sh1t is supposed to be for entertainment purposes. :cheers:

It's hard to run when your formation tells the defense a running play is coming. Every time that RB, no matter who it is, is in the deep set, it's a run. EVERY TIME. The Giants were run blitzing 7 or 8 people every time that formation was used, and an O-line made up of HOFers at every position couldn't block that.

Add in the fact that every team knows our receivers are not deep home-run threats, and it's easy to see why Jones is getting no yards.

Well, they blitz that many because they know Chad can't beat him with his arm so why defend the pass?

Has your "wife" recovered from her "beating" yesterday?????:roll:

OMg if you cant take a joke ill just ignore you from now on. By the way you were the one with all the personal attacks last night but i was drunk as well so i cant point the finger

OMg if you cant take a joke ill just ignore you from now on. By the way you were the one with all the personal attacks last night but i was drunk as well so i cant point the finger

DWC...EEErrr..I mean jojo, why doesn't everybody just ignore you, heh?

How in the name of all that is real are you not banned after yesterday????:roll:

What must you do to get banned around here????

POTW NOM

That is pretty funny (I know it was a serious post but it is funny. In a non-funny, the Mods hate Max kind of way).

Being an advocate of domestic abuse should do more than get you banned from JN, it should put you in jail.

So should advocating racism, but it's unconsitutional sadly. Fortunately JN isn't the government so if he keeps this up I'm sure he'll get that ban hammer eventually.

Archived