Expectations for Kellen Clemens from here on out?

Smizzy

I see him struggling for a few games but that doesnt mean he won't make some big plays and put some points on the board. Shelving the no huddle till he's more proficient at it could be a smart thing rather than stubornly trying to make it work.

I'm looking forward to seeing the same personnel on the O line look a whole lot better when passes start shooting off of Clemens hand even while scrambling. We'll see how he does, but its great to be excited about a game even expecting him to semi suck.

well put it this way. Back in Week 2, Clemens completed 19/37 (51%), threw for 260 yards, recorded 1 passing TD and 2 INT's. Keep in mind that these stats were against the BAL defense and if you ask me, Clemens did pretty damn well for a rookie start in a game like that. Now, looking at this week's matchup (home against Washington), if he keeps the ball away from Sean Taylor and makes smart throws that are only 5-7 yards out and the occasional deep pass, i say he has a real good chance at throwing for 2 TD's

Bottom Line:

- KEEP BALL AWAY FROM SEAN TAYLOR (if not, then try throwing the fewest amount of times towards the secondary)

- Short gain is better than nothing

- try mixing up the playcalling with the run game MORE.

I have NO expectations.

Unless the Defense steps up they won't win another game this season.

Clemens is going to make more than his share of mistakes. Alot of mistakes that we as fans won't probably won't even know.

The game is going to be going at warp speed for him until he learns how to read an NFL defense. The only way you learn is by being out there taking your lumps.

Hopefully he gets through it. Learns from it and will be that much more prepared for 08.

Not really an expectation of Kellen but now with Chad not starting should we not expect every aspect of the game that we have been blaming Chad for to be improved?

I mean if we could not run the ball because of Chad then no matter who comes in as long as they have a stronger arm should improve the running game.

If Chad alone was the reason that we could not come back in games when we were down by more then 10 points then now that he is not in there should we not expect this?

I do not expect Kellen to come in and improve every aspect of this team although it would be nice. All i'm looking for is a good effort and a good measure of improvment between now and the end of the season.

For the people that thought that Chad was the sole reason for our loses then I would think that they should be expecting nothing but wins now that he is not there.

I expect a more balanced attack on offense at the very least.

Clemens can throw it deep sometimes and seems to excel at throwing passes in the 15-20 yard range, something Pennington couldn't do that well.

From watching basically 1 1/8 reg season games and 2 preseason games this year, it seems that his weakest area is the dink and dunk, short range passes, the only area in which Chad acceled this season. Basically, I expect to see a lot of passes between the 7-15 yard range with maybe a shot deep or two.

Also, the fact that Clemens can gun it in there in that 15-20 yard range, it should at the very least push the secondary back a few yards off the line, allowing the WR's and TE to block more downfield and take some responsibility off the OL. This should increase running room so I expect to see TJ and Leon continue to perform better.

It will be interesting to see how KC progresses in the next eight games and how he handles himself under center.

My guess is he'll start off this sunday with 215 yards 1TD and 1 INT.

If he progresses like I hope he will hopefully we'll put together some W's and finish the season 4-4 or 5-3.

Improve game by game, help to allow Jones and Washington be productive running the ball by getting some defenders off the line of scrimmage, and provide the WR's and Baker a chance to catch AND run without having to stop to wait for the pass to come to them.

POTW nom-excellent GB-that's what I want to see to our running game improve and some YAC

Oh stop. The moves we did or did not make in the offseason have very little to do with why we are 1-7 right now.

Week 1 - Pats sweep the floor with us.

Week 2 - We are one dropped pass from OT on the road in Baltimore with a backup QB making his first ever career start.

Week 3 - Our only win.

Week 4 - Chad Pennington hands a victory away with 2 terrible interceptions blowing a late 2nd half lead.

Week 5 - Chad Penningtong hands another victory away with 2 more terrible interceptions; one which is returned for a TD blowing another double digit 2nd half lead.

Week 6 - You guessed it. Chad Pennington hands yet ANOTHER victory away with, you guessed it, 2 more interceptions, blowing yet ANOTHER late 2nd half lead. Although this time, he gets assistance from terrible play calling from Brian Schottenheimer.

Week 7 - Chad Pennington and the offense score 3 second half points, have 4 three and outs, and turn the ball over twice (1 INT, 1 Fumble) to hand away YET ANOTHER VICTORY in yet another game we had a 4rth quarter lead.

Week 8 - Our Chad Pennington led offense scores 3 points at home vs. the lowly Buffalo Bills for yet another loss.

We could have JUST AS EASILY won at least 5 (if not 6) of these games with competent QB play and competent coaching. Our moves we did or did not make in the offseason have nothing to do with our starting QB throwing 7 INTs and having 8 total turnovers in a 4 game span where we (he) squandered away 2nd half leads 4 times.

We are 1-7 because our starting QB played like crap and our coaches managed their in-game-decisions even worse.

We have the players we needed to win all of those games (except vs. the Pats week 1). Tanny and our free agency philosophy did not lose any of those games. Pennington, Mangini, Schottenheimer, and Sutton did. We were in position to win them all and have only managed to do so 1 time.

Improve game by game, help to allow Jones and Washington be productive running the ball by getting some defenders off the line of scrimmage, and provide the WR's and Baker a chance to catch AND run without having to stop to wait for the pass to come to them.

Bingo. I couldn't have said it better.

I have NO expectations.

Unless the Defense steps up they won't win another game this season.

Clemens is going to make more than his share of mistakes. Alot of mistakes that we as fans won't probably won't even know.

The game is going to be going at warp speed for him until he learns how to read an NFL defense. The only way you learn is by being out there taking your lumps.

Hopefully he gets through it. Learns from it and will be that much more prepared for 08.

In the two of the past three games, the defense has given up 16 and 13 points.

Those losses do not fall on them. With a real QB from the get-go, this team is at LEAST 4-4.

:rl:

didn't serphnx and drago hated clemens

Well it looked bad that he couldn't beat out Ramsey, Tui and then a washed up Chad, but now I think perhaps maybe he did beat them out but either Mangini is an idiot or Clemens slept with his wife and Mangini hates him.

He had 2 last week

I think he'll be fine, although from what I've seen thusfar, not impressive

I pray that I am wrong....I'm hoping for a franchise guy

Don't want to nit-pick, but the last INT was on a Hail-Mary.

Clemens will have his ups and downs. But at least there won't be eight in the box on the other side of the ball.

Don't want to nit-pick, but the last INT was on a Hail-Mary.

Clemens will have his ups and downs. But at least there won't be eight in the box on the other side of the ball.

With Coles likely out tomorrow and Clemens being a 1st year starter with maybe 2 new Olineman (Bender, Montgomery), I'd expect the Skins to start out the game stacking the box to stop the run and try to rattle Clemens in the pocket with heavy blitzes.

Then, it will be up to Clemens and his WRs to get them to back off, which is why I think McCareins needs to show up big tomorrow (and start opposite Cotchery). He is a solid threat downfield.

Damn shame we could not have let Clemens get some experience the last 2 weeks vs Cincy and Buffalo, 2 of the softest D units in the entire league. Now, he has to go up against a solid defense with a really good secondary.

But the bottom line, Clemens needs to show glimpses of greatness these next 8 games. Enough, as madmike said, to show that we dont have to take a QB in the upcoming draft. I'm hoping he absolutely lights it up and we win the remainder of our games!

just complete a couple throws for 15 plus yards so I dont have to watch dink and dunk anymore!

That is a BS reason, heck, Rex Grossman could provide that!!!!

What Clemens needs to do is show that he has the potential to be the franchise guy, that we dont need to worry about QB going into the off-season. IMO that is the last thing this team needs, another position to fix.

Im not expecting immediate greatness or anything close. I do expect him to struggle a bit at the start but at the end of the season he better be playing at a high level. If he sucks the remainder of the year this team goes from being a 1-2 year fix to a lot longer than that.

Obvious Potential, that it what I'm really looking for.

That is a BS reason, heck, Rex Grossman could provide that!!!!

What Clemens needs to do is show that he has the potential to be the franchise guy, that we dont need to worry about QB going into the off-season. IMO that is the last thing this team needs, another position to fix.

Im not expecting immediate greatness or anything close. I do expect him to struggle a bit at the start but at the end of the season he better be playing at a high level. If he sucks the remainder of the year this team goes from being a 1-2 year fix to a lot longer than that.

Obvious Potential, that it what I'm really looking for.

when you put it in those terms i get the feeling we could be really far off. One bright spot is that the brownies have one too many QB's, we could always land one of them.

If we do need to draft a QB again, we aren't going to know it until the 09 season. This FO will not turn their back on KC unless he stinks the place up, beyond repair.

Archived