The board is crazy

Jet Moses

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're worse than a 12 year old girl getting her first menstruation. Mangini CAN coach, and he clearly did the right thing benching Chad. He even gave Chad 2 more weeks then he deserved to try and turn it around and Chad did not reward Mangini's patience. Get over it.

Your joking right? Your going to use him benching chad as an example?

He benched Chad at least 3 weeks too late... if not more... thats not a little mistake...

He benched Chad at least 3 weeks too late... if not more... thats not a little mistake...

And that's huge coming from probably the biggest Chad supporter on a site that is full of admitted Jet homers.

You're worse than a 12 year old girl getting her first menstruation. Mangini CAN coach, and he clearly did the right thing benching Chad. He even gave Chad 2 more weeks then he deserved to try and turn it around and Chad did not reward Mangini's patience. Get over it.

:rl:

I just got home from the game, Nice!

eC - enough for today dude - c'mon, Bulls/Lakers in 15 minutes.;)

SOrt of like how the Chad hating made me and others sick... but you agrreed with that so why stop it?

And for those who think I "lost" to Barton... your wrong... I like Clemens... I dislike Mangini...

The Jets won and you are on here bitching about it.

You and Barton have switched places.

Barton's only agenda from day one was the well being of the team. Your agenda was the well being of #10.

Thats a big one... work hard for a coach that cant coach... lol

Thats why they couldnt get A Thomas and Randy Moss... to name a couple players...

Where do you get this stuff from?

#1 - Thomas specifically wanted to go to NE. You're acting like a child. If you can show me an instance of the Jets this past off-season offering someone a contract, then that player telling us to stick it by signing with someone else for less, then go ahead.

#2 - Randy Moss wasn't even a free agent so I don't know WHERE this comes from. He IS a free agent after this season (his reward for agreeing to a pay cut in '07) & I don't notice him signing some bargain-basement long-term deal to stick with NE. If he does, then good for them. But that has not happened.

You're full of it. But it seems we already went through this with you regarding Pennington...who you were also dead-wrong about.

Just try to enjoy the win.

The Jets won and you are on here bitching about it.

You and Barton have switched places.

Barton's only agenda from day one was the well being of the team. Your agenda was the well being of #10.

I dont care about #10 today... I care about the team... and I think this team is being held back by coaching... what does that have to do with Chad?

I still love my team... I still think most of the players are great players... Mangini just sucks...

You guys will see... just like it took a while for most people to see what Herm really was...

No my friend, you're the only joke here.

You think Mangini handled benching Chad properly? I think he ruined the JETS season by mishandling it... I was expecting it after the Ravens game... hell the whole world was...

Good job Eric.

Im happy for the players today... but there is nothing that will make my outlook brighter until Mangini is gone... its Herm v2.0

Where do you get this stuff from?

#1 - Thomas specifically wanted to go to NE. You're acting like a child. If you can show me an instance of the Jets this past off-season offering someone a contract, then that player telling us to stick it by signing with someone else for less, then go ahead.

#2 - Randy Moss wasn't even a free agent so I don't know WHERE this comes from. He IS a free agent after this season (his reward for agreeing to a pay cut in '07) & I don't notice him signing some bargain-basement long-term deal to stick with NE. If he does, then good for them. But that has not happened.

You're full of it. But it seems we already went through this with you regarding Pennington...who you were also dead-wrong about.

Just try to enjoy the win.

POTW nom!

Let it go ecurb, everybody is owning you tonight.

POTW nom!

Let it go ecurb, everybody is owning you tonight.

Whatever... doesnt change a thing... Mangini still sucks and sadly I will have the last laugh when Woody fires him in a few years after a good season next year... then another tanked season... then a good season... its what bad coaches do...

I dont care about #10 today... I care about the team... and I think this team is being held back by coaching... what does that have to do with Chad?

I still love my team... I still think most of the players are great players... Mangini just sucks...

You guys will see... just like it took a while for most people to see what Herm really was...

We won a ****ing game today, the first time in two months, and all your posts are about how terrible the coach is.

I'm not even a Mangini fan, but you are getting ridiculous.

We won. ****ing enjoy it. Bash Mangini next week when Dallas kicks our ass.

You think Mangini handled benching Chad properly? I think he ruined the JETS season by mishandling it... I was expecting it after the Ravens game... hell the whole world was...

No what I think is that you're pissed that you were dead wrong about Chad but you don't have balls to admit that. So instead, you're attempting to take an extremely misguided counter with this whole "Mangini sucks" agenda.

ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG! You'll feel much better and maybe one day you're testicles will even develop.

We won a ****ing game today, the first time in two months, and all your posts are about how terrible the coach is.

POTW nom! again!

I'll take a win, his ass hurts because his hero isn't playing. that's too bad. get over it.

No what I think is that you're pissed that you were dead wrong about Chad but you don't have balls to admit that. So instead, you're attempting to take an extremely misguided counter with this whole "Mangini sucks" agenda.

ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG! You'll feel much better and maybe one day you're testicles will even develop.

BTW this is coming from someone who was with you in supporting Chad. Guess what sh*t happens, you can't be right about everything.

Whatever... doesnt change a thing... Mangini still sucks and sadly I will have the last laugh when Woody fires him in a few years after a good season next year... then another tanked season... then a good season... its what bad coaches do...

I think Damaged89 was right, you are entering the DWC zone. Give it a rest.

Agree totally, Mangini coached a good game today. Now is not the time for you to start bitching Ecurb. The other weeks you at least had reason to do it but for now, seriously quit it, you're embarrasing yourself.

Why would you want "the last laugh"? The last laugh means you're hoping we're alternating between so-so & abysmal for the next few years so you can tell a messageboard full of strangers "I told you so"?

I couldn't stand Herm as the HC, but if he took us to a superbowl & that meant I wouldn't have the "I told you so" upper hand, I'd take it every time.

You've got some issues, bro. We just beat one of the better teams in the league. Point to their shortcomings all you want, but there aren't that many teams better this year. We beat them & one of the main reasons was a sound defensive gameplan. Who really knows what else was in store on offense before Coles left the game; seems to me he was very much to be involved. You don't simply replace Laveranues Coles with Brad Smith & think it doesn't affect your game plan on offense.

POTW nom! again!

I'll take a win, his ass hurts because his hero isn't playing. that's too bad. get over it.

BTW this is coming from someone who was with you in supporting Chad. Guess what sh*t happens, you can't be right about everything.

This has ZERO to do with Chad... ZERO...

I think Clemens would be worlds better with a real coach... and so would Leon and TJ...

Leave Chad 100% out of this equation and I still feel the exact same way...

How can I feel good about a win when I know this team is heading in the wrong direction?

Why would you want "the last laugh"? The last laugh means you're hoping we're alternating between so-so & abysmal for the next few years so you can tell a messageboard full of strangers "I told you so"?

I couldn't stand Herm as the HC, but if he took us to a superbowl & that meant I wouldn't have the "I told you so" upper hand, I'd take it every time.

You've got some issues, bro. We just beat one of the better teams in the league. Point to their shortcomings all you want, but there aren't that many teams better this year. We beat them & one of the main reasons was a sound defensive gameplan. Who really knows what else was in store on offense before Coles left the game; seems to me he was very much to be involved. You don't simply replace Laveranues Coles with Brad Smith & think it doesn't affect your game plan on offense.

Thats why I said I would "sadly" have the last laugh... the point is I dont want it... I would hope they either can him know or he suddenly remembers how to coach...

I think Clemens would be worlds better with a real coach... and so would Leon and TJ...

How can I feel good about a win when I know this team is heading in the wrong direction?

Sperm with some serious ownage, no more needs to be said.

Thank you, Sperm. you get rep too! :cheers:

Ok if this has NOTHING to do with Chad.

Give me 10 specific reasons why Eric Mangini doesn't deserve to coach this team next year.

Sperm with some serious ownage, no more needs to be said.

Thank you, Sperm. you get rep too! :cheers:

You guys cant counter my "mangini hate" with real facts so you somehow try to warp it into me loving Chad... nice try... you have nothing... Mangini sucks... prove me wrong...

You guys cant counter my "mangini hate" with real facts so you somehow try to warp it into me loving Chad... nice try... you have nothing... Mangini sucks... prove me wrong...

Mangini doesnt suck, hes getting valuable experience this year. He has the makings of a good coach if he gets the time to gather all of HIS players to field a team. As of todays game, this team looked like they are getting somewhere finally.

Ok if this has NOTHING to do with Chad.

Give me 10 specific reasons why Eric Mangini doesn't deserve to coach this team next year.

Pete Kendal

1. FA acquisitions (lack of them in general and poor decisions when done)
  2. Not benching Chad soon enough
  3. Defense not being consistent (he is a "defensive genius")
  4. Not using Vilma or Drob or Barrett properly (barett should not be in man to man coverage... his strength is zone)
  5. Keeping Jmac on this team
  6. Trading away too many draft picks
  7. Horrible adjustments (outscored by like 80 points after the half...)
  8. Kimo and Barlow (Barlow especially hurt... that was a valuable pick)
  9. Starting Blaylock for too long last season (shows how stubborn he is yet again)
  10. Thinking that Brad Smith will actually be a starting or 3rd WR instead of aquiring a real one...
  11. Not giving Leon more touches on Offense or ST (he would never have returned kicks if Miller didnt get hurt)
  12. Running a tough TC only to have his players get blown off the line and pushed around... might as well just have them lift weights all sumer next time... his plan isnt working...
  13. Not using Barnes
  14. Not using Bowens enough
  15. Not using Harris (only did once he was forced to beucase of Vilma getting hurt)

There is more... but I am done with this... clearly everyone here is on their knees for him still and I am not... its just like it was in the early stages of Herm... bash me now... but you will regret supporting him later...

Whatever, ecurb. you're the one making a fool out of yourself, nobody else is.

Pete Kendal
  1. FA acquisitions (lack of them in general and poor decisions when done) - agree this past season, but last year there wasn't much to choose from & we had some MAJOR cap issues while decent players were being scooped up. He did also make a play for Runyan who opted to stay with Philly.
  2. Not benching Chad soon enough - this season was in the crapper whether he went with Clemens when he did or 3 games earlier. So it ends up being kind of moot & if anything it helps attract FA's who might otherwise be wary of coming here.
  3. Defense not being consistent (he is a "defensive genius") - pretty much everyone's defense is inconsistent. If that's your beef, then about 25-30 NFL head coaches need to be fired immediately.
  4. Not using Vilma or Drob or Barrett properly (barett should not be in man to man coverage... his strength is zone) - so then we should tailor the defense to David Barrett's needs as a player? Or Jonathan Vilma's or DRob's? Screw these soft, I-show-up-once-in-a-while players. The time to rebuild to a HC's desires is when he takes over a crappy team. Well he did.
  5. Keeping Jmac on this team - whatever. You replace players when you release players. Who do you want to replace him with mid-season? He'll probably be moved in the off-season. If anything, I'd CREDIT Mangini/Tannenbaum for this one; they got him to take a pay cut that he was not obligated to take at all so they could move him this off-season & maybe even get something for him. Or we could stupidly release him outright mid-season, get nothing for him, and not improve the team at all by doing so.
  6. Trading away too many draft picks - I would agree with this if the picks didn't turn out to be everything we hoped they would be. But that's not the case. Revis & Harris both look like the real deal already as rookies.
  7. Horrible adjustments (outscored by like 80 points after the half...) - agreed. That sucks & needs to be improved.
  8. Kimo and Barlow (Barlow especially hurt... that was a valuable pick) - Barlow especially hurt because he WAS hurt. Kimo was just a bust of an addition. You think the Pats have never added a bust FA in the past few years? lol.
  9. Starting Blaylock for too long last season (shows how stubborn he is yet again) - Blaylock started the first 2 games & then was benched. What the hell are you talking about? Or do you believe that anyone/everyone who has ONE bad game should be benched for the rest of the season?
  10. Thinking that Brad Smith will actually be a starting or 3rd WR instead of aquiring a real one... - he was a 4th round pick. I prefer other players, but I can't get too picky about that. He's a special athlete & sometimes that can be honed into something special. Other Brad Smith types have had major success in the NFL.
  11. Not giving Leon more touches on Offense or ST (he would never have returned kicks if Miller didnt get hurt) - Leon, who I absolutely love, hasn't looked too good at HB. He dropped a sure TD pass in the last game as well. And suggesting that keeping your pro-bowl KR in that very role is to be condemned is ridiculous.
  12. Running a tough TC only to have his players get blown off the line and pushed around... might as well just have them lift weights all sumer next time... his plan isnt working... - so you're suggesting the team would be better if only we had a soft training camp with the same personnel & just have them standing around lifting weights all summer? This is your solution? Some coaches run tough camps & some do not. There is no sure-fire formula for success otherwise everyone would be doing exactly the same thing. I'd rather our players have a tough camp than a soft one personally.
  13. Not using Barnes - Barnes has been injured most of the season. They actively pursued & signed him; they WANTED him. So there must be a reason they're not using him.

14. Not using Bowens enough - now you're reaching again. THIS is one of the top 14 reasons - over the past TWO seasons mind you - that he should be fired? Not using David freakin' Bowens enough? Good God.
  15. Not using Harris (only did once he was forced to beucase of Vilma getting hurt) - Harris did play before Vilma was injured; he just didn't start. And if holding him out of the first half of his rookie season helped him learn, and it helped result in what we're seeing on the field right now, I have to say this is also a reason to praise rather than condemn.

There is more... but I am done with this... clearly everyone here is on their knees for him still and I am not... its just like it was in the early stages of Herm... bash me now... but you will regret supporting him later...

:bag:

And this is coming from me, who's been critical of Mangini for most of the season.

Archived