Darrelle Revis - Thoughts on his performance?

Barton

Anyone else notice this guy had a good game today? Outside of that Owens TD pass, (which was a great pass, the coverage wasnt all that bad), Revis did an EXCELLENT job matching up 1 on 1 vs Terrell Owens. Even with that big pass, what did Owens have? 65 yards?

This guy so far has been as advertised. I'm glad we traded up for him.

Anyone else notice this guy had a good game today? Outside of that Owens TD pass, (which was a great pass, the coverage wasnt all that bad), Revis did an EXCELLENT job matching up 1 on 1 vs Terrell Owens. Even with that big pass, what did Owens have? 65 yards?

He sucks. He gave up a TD to Terrell Owens. He just doesn't have "it".:character42:

Revis was one of a handful of bright spots today. :)

Harris is also the real deal.

I think those two, along with Rhodes, will be a sold foundation on the Jets D for years to come.

We have got to get rid of Bryan Thomas, he and Hobson are two HUGE holes out there. We do have a bunch of good players to build around (on defense anyway), we just need to cut the dead weight.

(pretty sure we can't cut BT, since he got his damn contract...what a putz)

I know CBs are CBs because they cannot catch like WRs. He played well, but he had a shot at an INT early that would've changed the game, and dropped it. I'd like to see him make those kind of plays way more often than he has.

True, but jumping that route was a hell of a play. TO can usually manhandle dbs out of the way on those. I find it hard to rave about a guy who was so obviously beaten for a td, but he looks to be a good cb. Revis, Rhodes and Harris. 3 out of 11. Not good odds.

DISAGREE.

This guy is 100% overrated... He's been burned time and time again. I'm NOT happy we traded up to get him...

DISAGREE.

This guy is 100% overrated... He's been burned time and time again. I'm NOT happy we traded up to get him...

He is a rookie who is serving as the #1 corner on a team that has had no pass rush at all for 99% of the season.

Plenty things wrong. None are named Revis or Harris. You can make the case that they needed to go quantity over quality in the last draft. As it stands right now they got 2 players in the last draft.

He is a rookie who is serving as the #1 corner on a team that has had no pass rush at all for 99% of the season.

Plenty things wrong. None are named Revis or Harris. You can make the case that they needed to go quantity over quality in the last draft. As it stands right now they got 2 players in the last draft.

look what TO did to skins last week

Revis had single coverage all day and he gave up only 1 garbage TD

TO had to work for his 65 yds

He dominated TO for the majority. Some of his catches came on David barrett BTW. Revis looks like he will be a great corner in this league for many years to come. I cant deny that I'm pretty excited with the how the defence has really stepped up the last 2 games(they played a lot better than the score would indicate today) and with Revis, Rhodes and especially Harris coming through, I'm pretty excited about what we can do to improve this group in the off-season. I would love to see us try and draft Shawn Crable out of Michigan.

Are you serious ?

Yes, 100%.

I see a guy who is beat all the time. I see a guy who is out of position. He makes plays, but then he gives them up. Not what I'm looking for. I see a guy who takes penalties.

Revis was not on TO all day. He was on him for big portions, but not the entire day.

Also, Dallas ran for over 150 yards!!!!! They had no need to pass the ball all over the field. They knew we couldn't score, so why bother taking risks?

No, I am not happy with Revis' play. Harris has been playing well, but not Revis. Sorry.. disagree 100%.

I watched the game until halftime. Revis played the best on field for us today. Sure he should have caught that ball, but he turned his head and it was there. I think he did a great job of NOT letting TO catch it. Sure it could have changed the game, but he didntlet him get it. Revis should be a staple along with Rhodes for years to come

I like Revis, but I don't think we should get out of hand. IMO, they did not play straight man the whole game. There were plenty of plays where they were passing wr off in zone. On TV it's hard to tell exactly how often because they don't show the whole field. I also wouldn't say TO was "shut down". The guy had 6 for 65 and a td. Multiply those numbers by the season and it'd be 96 for over 1000 and 16 tds. Anybody here be upset if Cotchery or Coles had those numbers for a season? That's in a game where the Cowboys barely had to pass.

True, but jumping that route was a hell of a play. TO can usually manhandle dbs out of the way on those. I find it hard to rave about a guy who was so obviously beaten for a td, but he looks to be a good cb. Revis, Rhodes and Harris. 3 out of 11. Not good odds.

He goes over 200. Too bad he isn't taller. But he runs with every receiver pretty well. I remember Aaron Glenn had trouble his first few years hanging onto the ball, but he came around. As far as that play today, I thought he turned his head into the throw just as the ball got there.

revis is a beast and peole who think otherwise have no credibility. sorry "aec"

DOn't worry, I'll sleep tonight...

If you think Revis is a beast you're just kidding yourself.

Romo threw for 190 yds. Does that make our entire pass D a beast, OR does it simply mean they ran it down our throats... Think about that.

Who ever bashes Revis performance knows nothing about football. He did his part, the defense as a whole did their part.

Here we go, the entire, "If you do not agree with me, you know nothing about football" defense.. Usually that just tells me you're out of valid arguments to support your position.

Here we go, the entire, "If you do not agree with me, you know nothing about football" defense.. Usually that just tells me you're out of valid arguments to support your position.

stick to Gary Golf

Revis played very good, he was physical and i was impressed

He held the number 1 WR in the NFC to under 100yrds, the only TD he had was in garbage time...and it was a perfect pass. He played him very very physical from the line of scrimmage, have you seen the way TO has been playing the past couple of weeks? I say thats very good for a rookie, corner is one of the hardest positions to play and i say we have a stud at corner.

I think Revis played very well for a rookie CB against one of the most deadliest Wr's in the game .If you think that revis didn't play well against T.O. then you should watch the game again and try to understand the game better.

Oh and Revis Has "It"

Who is judging him by 1 gamethough? For the season, he;'s looked overmatched at times... He can't cover a crossing route.... don't tell me he's a rookie.. they ran crossing routes in college.

As for the game today... DALLAS RAN IT DOWN OUR THROATS. They had no need to pass the ball.

He held the number 1 WR in the NFC to under 100yrds, the only TD he had was in garbage time...and it was a perfect pass. He played him very very physical from the line of scrimmage, have you seen the way TO has been playing the past couple of weeks? I say thats very good for a rookie, corner is one of the hardest positions to play and i say we have a stud at corner.

Oh god, we're judging by stats now... Once that starts happening, you know we're not judging by what happens.

LOOK, HE WAS UNDER 100 YARDS TODAY. YAY! He was under 100 yards because Dallas ran the ball for 174 yards!!!!!!!!! That's why he didn't have big #s.

#s are for fantasy football. You can't judge a guy by #s alone.

I think he'll be a good NFL player.. hardly a stud. He'll get all rookie team, because any 1st rounder who can tie his shoes and chew gum at the same time does. I don't think he's a bust, but I don't think he's this shutdown corner everyone is claiming he is based on 1 game where Dallas didn't even attempt to pass in the 2nd half (they did, don't take me literally).

Being a rookie means nothing to me. This is FOOTBALL. He's been playing it all his life. Why should I expect him to not be able to cover a crossing route now that he's in the NFL? Are those not legal in college?

Look, Dallas decided running the ball was their best/easiest way to win. They were right. THIS IS WHY the #s passing are so low.

Nothing worse than judging who played well by stats and stats alone..

He hasn't dominated but Revis has been very good in coverage this season and is also an excellent tackler. I really don't know what games you're watching if you think he's been playing poorly. Maybe you have unrealistic expectations that he should be Deon Sanders in his first season or something. So far he's looking as if he'll, at worst, be one of the better corners in the league soon. Of course he's looked overmatched at times he's a rookie and he's handled himself quite well the majority of the time so I don't see your point.

Archived