angry raven comments

afosomf

Suggs on officiating: "It's kind of the feeling of the 2001 tuck rule. It kind of feels like the tuck rule. That is the NFL for you, man. When they got a guy like that that is selling a lot of tickets, you want to keep him selling tickets."

Ravens linebacker Bart Scott on the timeout: "I didn't hear a timeout. That was very convenient."

Scott: "We outplayed them, plain and simple. We punched them in the mouth on both sides of the ball."

Ravens receiver Derrick Mason: "Allow the players to dictate how the game is going to go, especially the last couple of seconds. It's kind of like basketball. There's three seconds on the clock. Let the guys play. The best team is going to win. You don't let outside circumstances dictate how the game is going to go. It's hard to play against the best team in the NFL and beat them. You are out there and working hard. You are playing against them and then also you have the other guys and it seems you are playing against them, also."

More from Mason on officiating: "I'm going to take it back to last game. San Diego. Quinn Sypniewski runs down the field, runs into one of their DBs, we catch the ball and they call offensive pass interference. OK. Great. This game, same thing happens. Randy Moss runs right into Samari Rolle. They call defensive pass interference. I don't understand that. One game it's called one way, the next game it's called another way. At the end, you have a phantom call. That's why it's hard to play and win a game when you are playing against more than just the best team in the NFL."

More from Mason on how hard it is to beat the Patriots: "It's kind of like that old Bulls team when they were running the tables. You were playing against Jordan, Pippen and the bunch and it was hard to beat them because everyone was on their side. That's the way it is now. You've got Brady and the bunch. It's hard to beat them when you're playing against them and extra people."

Mason on whether the refs can get caught up in talk of an undefeated season: "I think everybody can get caught up. You should have heard some of the verbal blasts we were taking from the refs. It was just despicable. They don't want us to say anything to them, but they treat us like we're little kids out there, saying anything they want to say. As players, we can't say anything back. We can't report it to anybody because it's our word against theirs. But you have to give it up to New England. They did what they had to do. They scored at the end and that's all you can ask of a team."

Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister on whether the NFL wants the Patriots to win: "They get a lot of calls. I'll say that. We've been watching film on them all week and I mean, they do get a lot of calls. As far as the NFL wanting them to win, you can't totally not think about it in those terms."

Ravens running back Willis McGahee: "I felt like we played our hearts out tonight and got some bogus calls, but it is what it is."

McGahee on which calls bothered him the most: "Shhh. Pass interference, the holding on [Jamaine] Winborne. There was a lot. I can't even remember them all."

Ravens coach Brian Billick spoke with reporters for only about a minute after the game. Asked why the Ravens called timeout before stuffing Brady on fourth down, Billick said, "We didn't feel like we were in the right configuration, kind of knew what they were going to do and felt like we needed a better call, I guess." It wasn't clear what he meant. Asked which person called the timeout, Billick said, "We called the timeout." Asked if the calls just didn't seem to go the Ravens' way late in the game, Billick said, "Yeah, evidently not."

Asked about what he said to Scott about tossing an official's flag into the stands, Billick said, "You've gotta be smarter than that. Can't be a dumb football player."

I'll leave you with a comment overheard from a veteran player: "You might as well crown them the Super Bowl champs if it's going to be like that."

Patriots-Ravens

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wish i would have caught this game. The refs were always on the side of the Lakers when they were in it with the kings a few years back.

How can this be good for sports? You're telling me Boston's market is that much bigger, and better than Baltimore's? GIve me a break, at least give other teams a chance.

Guys like Derek Mason are all class, no way he speaks out like this if there is nothing going on.

Derek Mason has probably been one of the quietest NFL players with at least some national name recognition amongst football fans that I can think of. For him to speak after the game peaks volumes to me. More concerning than the quotes I read here are what the Ravens were saying on ESPN-that the refs were talking to them like children and referring to them as "Boy". That needs to be looked into.

Look at it this way-can anyone ever recall a time where "bad calls" went AGAINST the Pats in a big spot? I sure as hell can't.

Derek Mason has probably been one of the quietest NFL players with at least some national name recognition amongst football fans that I can think of. For him to speak after the game peaks volumes to me. More concerning than the quotes I read here are what the Ravens were saying on ESPN-that the refs were talking to them like children and referring to them as "Boy". That needs to be looked into.

Look at it this way-can anyone ever recall a time where "bad calls" went AGAINST the Pats in a big spot? I sure as hell can't.

NEVAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (insert LMS's voice)

I guess you missed the AFC Championship Game last year and the 2005 Divisional Playoff game in Denver.

Either way, if the Ravens had picked up a 1st down with 2 minutes left they would have won the game. The Ravens gave the Pats and a chance and the Pats scored.

The Ravens have no one to blame but themselves.

What the ref said to Samari Rolle has nothing to do with the Pats. Did Samari mention what he said to the ref?

I guess you missed the AFC Championship Game last year and the 2005 Divisional Playoff game in Denver.

Either way, if the Ravens had picked up a 1st down with 2 minutes left they would have won the game. The Ravens gave the Pats and a chance and the Pats scored.

What the ref said to Samari Rolle has nothing to do with the Pats. Did Samari mention what he said to the ref?

All the ravens were saying this about refs, i'm sure they will send birds a letter

in mail stating

We really want Patsies to go 16-0 it is good for our ratings... here are some

crabs from Bo brooks ...enjoy... Rogaaa

The clip on Maroney's long run was blatant and they conveniently missed it.

You mean the vicious block in the back that sprung Laroney for like 40 yards? Oh yeah, you see . . . what had had happened is that . . . um . . . well, the pats offense wasn't having a good game and they needed that one. Don't worry about it. :confused:

Let's be real, the NFL is drooling from the mouth that the Pats and Cowboys may play each other in the Superbowl. Are you kidding? You think some of these calls are bad now, just wait till the playoffs in both conferences. The red carpet is already out for the Romo and Brady showdown part 2. It's sickening!!!!

I think alot of what Mason says was true.

The PI call against Rolle was a disgrace. Moss basically ran right at him it looked like to block.

On the timeout called on 4th down, ESPN had a great view of the Ravens DC signalling a timeout before the snap. With this and the whole Gibbs fiasco Sunday the NFL is going to have to look into changing the rule of who can call timeouts. (HC or team captains should be the only one).

As far as the game is concerned. The Ravens had more that their share of chances to win. They couldn't get the first down when the needed it most and defensively after playing great for 56 minutes the lost their poise and you cannot do that against a guy like Brady.

I do though think even more so than the Eagles game, the Ravens gave the league a blue print to beat them. Be physical up front, run the football and harass Brady at all costs. If you try and get in a shootout with them you will lose.

The best way to control the Pats offense is to just keep them off the field.

I think alot of what Mason says was true.

The PI call against Rolle was a disgrace. Moss basically ran right at him it looked like to block.

On the timeout called on 4th down, ESPN had a great view of the Ravens DC signalling a timeout before the snap. With this and the whole Gibbs fiasco Sunday the NFL is going to have to look into changing the rule of who can call timeouts. (HC or team captains should be the only one).

As far as the game is concerned. The Ravens had more that their share of chances to win. They couldn't get the first down when the needed it most and defensively after playing great for 56 minutes the lost their poise and you cannot do that against a guy like Brady.

I do though think even more so than the Eagles game, the Ravens gave the league a blue print to beat them. Be physical up front, run the football and harass Brady at all costs. If you try and get in a shootout with them you will lose.

The best way to control the Pats offense is to just keep them off the field.

the other blueprint is to have 80mph winds howling thru the stadium. seems to level the qb playing field a little.

the other blueprint is to have 80mph winds howling thru the stadium. seems to level the qb playing field a little.

I brought that up last week when it comes to the Pats in the playoffs.

They throw the ball so much it would be intersting to see how the would manage late December early January in Foxboro with foul weather. A team like the Steelers, or even a physical team like Jacksonville could derail the Pats express.

I don't think by any means they are home free yet. Last night though was a huge win for them as much as I hate to say it.

Baltimore Ravens are sore losers. Plain and simple. They lost the game, not the officials.

They had their chance to win and didnt. So they did what all sore losers do and blame everyone else.

Were there calls that can be questioned? Yes. on both sides of the ball. In every single NFL game.

Get off of the NFL wants the pats to win. Get off of the refs are being payed off. It makes you look petty and stupid.

as convenient as it is to blame the refs

no one forced Ed reed to fumble that INT return

no one forced Boller to throw his terrible INT

they had their chances

yes the Refs were bad but that's not why they lost.

"Great" teams shouldnt need the refs to bail them out against a sub-par team. Even more so "great" teams shouldn't need those mistakes on top of the refs to barely pull out a W. I've never been one for conspiracy theories, but if you dont think the NFL doesnt want to see the Patriots go undefeated and play either Favre or Dallas in the Super Bowl, you're crazy

the ravens gave the pats a chance.. and then the refs gave them a chance.. and another.. and another

"Great" teams shouldnt need the refs to bail them out against a sub-par team. Even more so "great" teams shouldn't need those mistakes on top of the refs to barely pull out a W. I've never been one for conspiracy theories, but if you dont think the NFL doesnt want to see the Patriots go undefeated and play either Favre or Dallas in the Super Bowl, you're crazy

Great teams also don't need to cheat - but the Pats did.

Look the calls were horrible and the refs should be fired immediatly - just like the tuck rule and all the other calls the Pats get week in and week out. It is clear that Kraft has the NFL in his back pocket and has since he bought the team. But the bottom line is the Ravens had this game in their grasp and let it slip away.

that game was pre-determined-when one team has like 8 penalties to none in the first half smart football fans start to get suspicious-every significant call went their way-that's the one thing I hate the most about the NFL-when the officials are allowed to control the outcome of the game-there were holds from the Pats OL that were ignored time and again and Wilfork again trying to take out an opposing QB by going low-he's a big a scumbag as Harrison-only more dangerous with his girth

Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister on whether the NFL wants the Patriots to win: "They get a lot of calls. I'll say that. We've been watching film on them all week and I mean, they do get a lot of calls. As far as the NFL wanting them to win, you can't totally not think about it in those terms."

This quote says it all.

Pats undefeated season = Bonds homerun record. How do you let someone get credit for a win in a game they cheated in? And how can you let someone break a record who cheated to do it?

Let's be real, the NFL is drooling from the mouth that the Pats and Cowboys may play each other in the Superbowl. Are you kidding? You think some of these calls are bad now, just wait till the playoffs in both conferences. The red carpet is already out for the Romo and Brady showdown part 2. It's sickening!!!!

i agree

after last night, in that 4th quarter watching the Pats get chance after chance, I really think it's inevitable, they want to see the Pats go 16-0.

"It is what it is"--Willis McGahee

This quote says it all.

Pats undefeated season = Bonds homerun record. How do you let someone get credit for a win in a game they cheated in? And how can you let someone break a record who cheated to do it?

even if it was only the one game against us-it was still cheating and puts a pox on them and their achievements this year

that game was pre-determined-when one team has like 8 penalties to none in the first half smart football fans start to get suspicious-every significant call went their way-that's the one thing I hate the most about the NFL-when the officials are allowed to control the outcome of the game-there were holds from the Pats OL that were ignored time and again and Wilfork again trying to take out an opposing QB by going low-he's a big a scumbag as Harrison-only more dangerous with his girth

I agree.

Fans everywhere should protest the Pats playoff and super bowl games if they make it. This **** is fixed big time.

I agree.

Fans everywhere should protest the Pats playoff and super bowl games if they make it. This **** is fixed big time.

who knows RS-maybe we stick it right up Tony Kornheiser's' ass in two weeks and shock the world....100 to nuthin' was his prediction last night

who knows RS-maybe we stick it right up Tony Kornheiser's' ass in two weeks and shock the world....100 to nuthin' was his prediction last night

Wow did I do a flip on that guy last night. I used to like him but he is a total ass and not just for that comment either. What he needed to do was go into the locker room and get under the covers with Brady and Belicheat.

I think we should start a website protesting the Pats.

No I dont and i think anyone who believes this allows their hatred for a team to cloud their judgement. or they are an idiot to believe the NFL has a fix on the games.

The NFL would never be so stupid to allow their games to be tainted and lose the position as the best sports league in the US. Now, individual refs... they could be gambling. but is it worth it for them to lose their job just to win a few bucks?? The NFL will get rid of lousy officials who consistently make bad calls.

Stop blaming the refs. Every call made last night was legitimate. Get over it. Bunch of sore losers on this board.

Great teams also don't need to cheat - but the Pats did.

Look the calls were horrible and the refs should be fired immediatly - just like the tuck rule and all the other calls the Pats get week in and week out. It is clear that Kraft has the NFL in his back pocket and has since he bought the team. But the bottom line is the Ravens had this game in their grasp and let it slip away.

THE TUCK RULE WAS THE CORRECT CALL. THAT WAS IN THE RULES. THE REF DIDNT MAKE IT UP.

whether it should be a rule or not is up to debate, but the refs made the right call and no one gives them credit for it.

Also the NFL should let the players decide the games inside 3 minutes to go. There should be NO and I mean NO ticky tac fouls or bad calls at all inside 3 minutes.

there should be no ticky tack fouls or bad calls all game. The refs made the right calls last night. Each of those were a penalty. Watch the game objectively and you will see that the calls were correct. When you allow your bias for one team to cloud your judgement you will see what you want to see.

You cannot tackle a player who doesnt have the ball. You cannot grab the jersey of a player going for the ball.

And where was the offensive pass interference on the last play of the game?? The pats were shoved and mugged but no call. Why?

No I dont and i think anyone who believes this allows their hatred for a team to cloud their judgement. or they are an idiot to believe the NFL has a fix on the games.

The NFL would never be so stupid to allow their games to be tainted and lose the position as the best sports league in the US. Now, individual refs... they could be gambling. but is it worth it for them to lose their job just to win a few bucks?? The NFL will get rid of lousy officials who consistently make bad calls.

Stop blaming the refs. Every call made last night was legitimate. Get over it. Bunch of sore losers on this board.

You're right. The NFL is not in the buisness of making money. The fact that they put the Patriots on as the flex game even if against an absolute garbage team, because everyone in the country wants to watch the Patriots every week is just irony. And the fact that the video tapes were completely destroyed so no one could know EXACTLY what the deal was with them? Irony. The fact that all THIS YEAR(we're not talking past years--this year its about the publicity of the perfect record) the Patriots get every call in a close game situation? Yes, thats blind homerism.

Forget the fact that 2 Patriots fans on my floor in my dorm agreed on some unbelievable calls for the Patriots.

But yes...you got me. All I ever do is get on the board and talk about conspiracy theories on the Patriots, and how I hate them soo much. Thanks for helping me see the light.

You people are disturbed. Love how you all conveniently over-look the non-calls in first 3 qrts of the game when every Pats receiver was getting mugged. Nah....ignore that!

The Ravens had a meltdown as soon as they faced some adversity. They screwed themselves. Must have been the ref that called that time out, eh? How 'bout the personal foul? Ref's made the player throw a hissy-fit (like half of you). Yah, the Pats got lucky - but it wasn't due to bad calls. It was due to - luck and TB. Simple as that. Sometimes yah need a little luck.

Anyway, grow up. The Jets time will come. You all will taste victory someday....and I mean SB. The foundation is being set now. When the time does come, I sure as heck hope I don't act like an arsehole like half of you do. Really.

this is a perfectly delusional example of a person claiming to know what they are talking about...right refs NEVER make bad calls, lousy teams ALWAYS get the exact same treatment from the officials-OK keep believing that one and oh yea say hi to Santa when he slides down your chimney in 3 weeks for us...

Archived