the turd Moss speaks

afosomf

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That whole post got screwed-up. Trying to finalize a contract, drink cough syrup and post at the same time. My multi-tasking tools stink when I'm sick.

All I'm saying is that Tom Brady - he of child-out -of wedlock and supermodel g/f doesnl;t get any grief.....Peyton, who is over-exposed and constantly throws his line under the bus when things go wrong, doesn;t get thrown under the bus, Jerry Rice , the greatest receiver ever who is also known to be a whiney baby, doesn't get any grief....but Randy Moss, the dude with the rep, get's it deservedly or not. It's a media thing. It's funny too. The media is full of turds. Seeing that JBF is a turd-connoisseur, I figured he would know that ;)

UMMM it was -9 degrees yesterday... too cold for the hot tub!!!!

today it is 29 and will hit the tennis courts!!!!!!!!

I think that many of us would agree that Moss is not simply the best WR currently playing in the NFL, he is in my opinion at least a few steps above the second best.

Having said that.

Do you disagree that he quit on his previous team?

Is that excusable of any player at any level for any reason?

Other than his unmatched skill on the field, would you want him to be a role model for your children?

And though a troubled past is a part of many people's lives, the trick is to learn, try to rectify the mistakes and perhaps become a better human being, do you feel has has become a better person?

Taking the fan out of this discussion, I would be sincerely interested in your answers.

The media hated Moss, and the fans are dumb and just listen to the media so they hate Moss. Yes, you guys too :P

That Raiders team, if you watched the games, quit on Moss first, not the other way around. In San Diego they showed a ton of Raiders games, so I wound up seeing him a lot in Oakland.

Also who says players are role models? People need to start taking responsibility for their own kids, sports is entertainment, not a parent. It is YOUR job as a parent or teacher to give children role models. There were plenty of great role models throughout history, and there are plenty now. There are even some in football, but not because they are good at football, but because of how they carry themselves. Are celebrities role models too? They directly impact the lives of teenage girls because girls follow everything they do, that is the entire source of their status as celebrities. A football player is a football player and their personal lives are ancillary.

The media hated Moss, and the fans are dumb and just listen to the media so they hate Moss. Yes, you guys too :P

That Raiders team, if you watched the games, quit on Moss first, not the other way around. In San Diego they showed a ton of Raiders games, so I wound up seeing him a lot in Oakland.

Also who says players are role models? People need to start taking responsibility for their own kids, sports is entertainment, not a parent. It is YOUR job as a parent or teacher to give children role models. There were plenty of great role models throughout history, and there are plenty now. There are even some in football, but not because they are good at football, but because of how they carry themselves. Are celebrities role models too? They directly impact the lives of teenage girls because girls follow everything they do, that is the entire source of their status as celebrities. A football player is a football player and their personal lives are ancillary.

Just to set the record straight Moss quit on MINN in 2004, think he caught 50

in 13 games... then went on to OAk making $10M per year where i'm sure

you know his wonderful stats.

the question is does moss have class, the answer is no

Not even asking him to be a role model, he can't handle the above first.

I don't see anything wrong with this....the media has been on his back for a while, with stupid things....now they wanna kiss up to him. Nobody wanted to play in Oakland, and the people who thought Moss 'was done' are eating their words now. I hate the Pats with a passion, however Moss has always been one of my favorites. He doesn't owe anybody nothing IMO.

If that isn't enabling an NFL turd of the highest order, I don't know what is.

If you'd like me to expound, I can.

Wasnt he in high school?

from wikipedia:

Moss took part in a racially-charged fight at his high school that left one person hospitalized. He entered a plea of guilty to battery, and received probation along with a 30-day suspended jail sentence.

In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking marijuana, thus violating his probation, and was let go by Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.

wasn't special to break Rice's record....just shutting up media was special!!

the guy stole money for 2 years in oak!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dslob has been stealing money since day 1 in NJ. I was watching the Jets play somebody and 1 blocker ( the Center) drove his big fat keester 9 yards downfield on a run play.

What a bust!

Ding ding ding!

Oh well if the media paints Moss like a thug he must be a thug! The media cherry picks most of the guys they want to portray in a bad light. And you better believe theyre are athletes/celebrities out there that you worship that have done much worse than bumping a metter maid with their car.

Im glad he broke Rice's record. Guy turned Wes freakin Welker into a problem.

exactly. true colors of a man come out when he's losing not winning. moss' true colors have shown thru on numerous occasions

great point,,bored in no media minny,,arrested numerous times,,bored at marshall, arrested,,bored in oakland, sits on bench nonchalant laughing whil team losing,,running routes half speed..

winning in NE, publicity, camera time,,voila,,i will play ,,for now,,

thug turd hall of fame for this asswipe

(1) never hit a woman or been accused of it; (2) never struck a police officer. i did however get caught drinking a beer at a football game when i was 20.

A meter maid isnt a cop.

hahah,,I seriously hope you were being sarcastic...

wow,,if not, you have a serious case of the sports players wannabes

Oakland gave up on Moss first??

Are you kidding me???

Moss was awful in Oakland, as soon as things got tough he quit. He barely ran his routes at half speed and dropped tons of passes. It's not like Oakland stopped throwing to him, they tried to get him involved as much as possible but eventually there was no point because he had quit any effort.

Oakland gave up on Moss first??

Are you kidding me???

Moss was awful in Oakland, as soon as things got tough he quit. He barely ran his routes at half speed and dropped tons of passes. It's not like Oakland stopped throwing to him, they tried to get him involved as much as possible but eventually there was no point because he had quit any effort.

Did you actually watch the games IJ? They started ignoring Moss way before he stopped trying. I'm talking pretty much his second or third game as a Raider. They'd throw to him for 3 quarters at most and then just completely ignore him the 4th quarter (when the game was on the line, and then they'd lose). I lived with a bigtime Raiders fan, a guy that was following the team even these past few years and could spell and pronounce Tui's full name. The guy was pissed at hell at how Moss was being (not) used, right from the get go.

Eventually Moss just did give up trying, and that's what everyone remembers. But by that point, it was all too obvious that nobody on the Raiders cared, and the team had long since refused to use him.

His record should always have an asterik next to it. Done in 16 games, not 12. Imagine how many Rice would've had if he had played another 4 games. 26? 28? 30?

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all be a bunch of fat mother f#ckers.

Archived