It just got a lot easier to root for the Patsies*.

Bob

Most of you know my brother and I decided to root for the Patsies* for the remainder of the year in honor of our Mom, who died a couple weeks ago. Well, we've been trying, but it's against nature. We'd catch ourselves reacting positively when something good happened for Jacksonville or San Diego, and instinctively cheering when a play or a call went againt the Patsies*. We'd catch ourselves and remember our vow.

Well, it just got a lot easier.

The Patsies* and their fans annoy me, but I could never hate them like I hate the New York ****ing Giants. I will be able to watch the Super Bowl with a genuine rooting interest because the only thing worse than watching the ****ing Giants win a Super Bowl would be to watch the ****ing Dolphins win one.

Go Patsies*! I hope this is the most lopsided Super Bowl, ever.

Anybody rooting for the Pats to go 19-0 and be called the best team ever for the next 100 years or until another team goes 19-0 can't really be called a New Yorker.

People hate how the Fins brag about a 17-0 season 30+ years ago. Do you think the Pats going 19-0 won't be 100 times worse? We know Brady and BB are spiteful as it is as are most of the Pats fans and that team. You will never hear the end of this. Heck even ESPN kisses the Pats behinds.

The Giants win and nobody cares in 2009. The Pats win and nobody ever stops bringing up the 2007 Undefeated season.

And Forget about being a Jets fan, but if you were born in NY or NJ and you actually root for Boston to win, something is wrong with you.

Anybody rooting for the Pats to go 19-0 and be called the best team ever for the next 100 years or until another team goes 19-0 can't really be called a New Yorker. Forget about being a Jets fan, but if you were born in NY or NJ and you actually root for Boston to win, something is wrong with you.

No one who would root for the Giants has the right to call himself a Jets fan.

no he has a real personal reason. not because he doesnt know how to handle giants fans and their trash talking.

Really? Yes, he does have a reason, but he also stated that that isn't the only reason. He basically said that either way, he'd be rooting for New England over the Giants.

Check out his post before yours.

Thank you, do you want another?

Anybody that roots for a Boston team really shouldn't be called a New Yorker. It's more like a disgrace.

I guess you'd root for the Red Sox and Celtics too.

Yeah rooting for the Patriots makes you a real Jets fan. Sounds to me like a fake New Yorker.

Anybody that roots for a Boston team really shouldn't be called a New Yorker. It's more like a disgrace.

I guess you'd root for the Red Sox and Celtics too.

Yeah rooting for the Patriots makes you a real Jets fan. Sounds to me like a fake New Yorker.

LISTEN. Enough about this crap, I am so f'ing tired of hearing this spew from you.

If you're a Jets / Yankees fan, sure, you hate Boston (like I am and do).

However, if you're a Jets / Mets fan, WHY DO YOU HATE BOSTON OUTSIDE OF THE PATRIOTS? PLEASE, INFORM ME, WHY!???

You are aware what the other option is....

The divisional rival

The team that cheated against us

The team that has dominated and emmbarrased us

The team thats bandwagon 'fans' never STFU!!!

That classless organization that as Jet fans drive us ****ing crazy!!!

I'll take my chances and root for the Giants thank you very much. I ****ing hate the Pats!!!

I'm rooting for the Giants only because of my future son n law...other than that, they can stick it. I wish I could experience the happiness he and his family went through tonight...goes to show you, you build a defense, stick to a plan and you keep team chemistry. If Coughlin had been the Jets HC, he probably would have been fired after last season...and here we go again changing assistants. I don't care what anyone says, it takes a good three years to fully learn a system...we haven't learned that yet.

Gee I don't know. The Pats fans and media were the ones laughing when Chad took over as QB years ago lauging, "We can't wait till Chad is the starting QB."

Gee they cheated against the Jets. BB and Brady claim the field was the reason they lost last year. The Jets have won what, 1 time in the past 5 years against them.

The Pats fans, media, and coaches condemn the Jets all the time.

The Pats, Brady, and all the media spoon over how great the Pats always are. You can't turn on any media without hearing How great the Pats are and how great Brady is and how great BB is.

Travel 3000+ miles and half the bars had people rooting for the Pats and swooning everytime Brady was on TV. There were very few Giants fans at the game. Gee, I want to root for the New Cowboys even more where most of the fans are nothing more than front runners.

Gee, everytime the Pats play the Jets the Pats look to kill us.

As other said, Kraft has never been a Jets fan. Gee BB was the coach of the Jets for a day and then rushed off to NE and screwed the Jets over for years.

Wow, lets root for a coach who screwed over the Jets. Yeah that's what I want to do. Lets root for a team known for cheating against the Jets. Lets root for a team to go undefeated. Lets root for a QB who doesn't already get enough lipsucking and media loving. Lets root for a Coach who spits on everybody and their mother.

And yeah lets root for a team in our own division.

Sorry but if you root for the Patriots then in all honesty you can never again claim to say the Patriots are evil or you hate the Patriots or anything like that. When you hate a team, you really can't root for them.

So if rooting for the Patriots makes you a real Jets fan and you hate the fins and Giants more than the Pats, who do you root for in a Giants Dolphins Super bowl then?

Exactly which is why some of the retards on this board calling for Mangini's head after one down year are just flat out what they sound like WHICH IS RETARTED.

Next year is year 3, not 2 so they better be a lot better next year or the gripes are well founded.

who do you root for in a Giants Dolphins Super bowl then?

Listen pjam76:

I have stated that I am NOT rooting for the Patriots, but I am not rooting for the Giants either. I hate the Patriots just as much, if not maybe a little more, than the Giants. You know, when I think about it, it would make more sense for me to root for the Giants, but I can't bring myself to root for either team under any circumstance that isn't helping the New York Jets.

Oh and to answer your question:

Neither, but if I had to answer that, I'd prefer to see the Giants win, just as I prefer for them to win in two weeks, even though they have no chance of doing so.

LISTEN. Enough about this crap, I am so f'ing tired of hearing this spew from you.

If you're a Jets / Yankees fan, sure, you hate Boston (like I am and do).

However, if you're a Jets / Mets fan, WHY DO YOU HATE BOSTON OUTSIDE OF THE PATRIOTS? PLEASE, INFORM ME, WHY!???

I'm a Jets/Yankees/Knicks/Rangers fan.

And besides the fans who do you hate on the Giants?

Eli is what he is and I really can't say I hate the guy. He seems to be a guy who gets blasted more than anything else. Coughlin is what he is but I really can't say I hate the guy. Shockey ain't even playing. Burress might be a pain, but I really can't say I hate the guy. Jacobs and the other RB are barely known yet alone hateable. Half the players on the defense I can't say I hate. Strahan might be hateable, but who else on this Giants team is hateable?

Rooting for the Patriots cause you don't want to deal with Giants fans is kind of a lame excuse to root for a team. I mean can you honesty say you like BB? Bruschi? Harrison? Vrabel? Brady? Moss? You might not hate them all but if you honesty say you like any of those players, how are you a "real" Jets fan.

Sorry but at the end of the day, I don't base my rooting interests on "oh my friends will make fun of me" cause the Giants won. Gee if you are worried about friends making fun of you, you might as well not be a Jets fan. People have been making fun of us Jets fans for years.

Thank you Bob.

BP, what do you have to say now about this? Hm? Is Bob just a stupid "youngin"?

Bob must have been raped by a Giants fan or something, because for the life of me I don't know why he hates the Giants more than the Patsies.

Wait, isn't he a journalist or something? :rl:

He doesn't like the Giants because they get more press than the Jets, is that why?

:rl::rl::rl::rl::rl:

Bob must have been raped by a Giants fan or something. because for the life of me I don't know why he hates the Giants more than the Patsies.

Wait, isn't he a journalist or something? :rl:

He doesn't like the Giants because they get more press than the Jets, is that why?

:rl::rl::rl::rl::rl:

Who knows but even though I can't stand the Giants, I really can't say I hate anybody on that team. Strahan is the closest I guess, but I really have no problem with the guy.

The Pats come off as nothing more than fake. They come off as spiteful and arrogant. They were caught cheating in the first game of the season. Plus they are from Boston.

And 124, you can't have spent much time in NY if you have to ask why New Yorkers don't like Bostonians.

Who knows but even though I can't stand the Giants, I really can't say I hate anybody on that team. Strahan is the closest I guess, but I really have no problem with the guy.

The Pats come off as nothing more than fake. They come off as spiteful and arrogant. They were caught cheating in the first game of the season. Plus they are from Boston.

And 124, you can't have spent much time in NY if you have to ask why New Yorkers don't like Bostonians.

It's personal with the Patriots. it's only personal with the Giants if you have a small penis.

It's personal with the Patriots. it's only personal with the Giants if you have a small penis.

Maybe people could make excuses if this were 1996 or something. I still wasn't rooting for the Pats back then, but rooting for a coach who screwed the Jets over, rooting for a QB who has his azz kissed more than any QB in the history and a guy who just comes off as fake, rooting for a WR who was known to give up on his teams, rooting for a defense who are spiteful, dirty, and arrogant, rooting for a team whose owner "lost" his ring, more like gave it to, the russian President, rooting for a team whose owner puts down the Jets, rooting for a team to go 19-0, the list goes on...

I don't like the Giants, but why would I root against them in this game? I don't really hate their players. I don't hate their coach. I can't stand their fans, but I really can't say I hate that many Giants fans. Yeah some are annoying beyond annoying but so are Cowboys fans, Steelers fans, Seahawk fans, Packer fans, and so on.

How can a Jets fan honestly say they can root for this version of the Patriots? After everything that has happened over the past few years, it's sacralidge.

Like I said, if you root for the Patriots to go 19-0, then you really shouldn't condemn them for cheating or call them cheaters or call them "evil" or call them this or that. If you call the Pats the devil and satan, what do you call the Giants?

And who on the Giants do these people actually hate? If all you can come up with is "Giants fans suck" then that is just sad. and the people using those excuses are just sad.

I agree with Jam on all accounts but why in Gods name do y'all have to "root" for a team? Both the Giants and Pats disgust me as they would disgust any true Jet fan. How about hopefully watching a decent game and in the end, WHO THE ***** CARES WHO WINS?! Both teams blow!

It's funny because people feel the need to "root" for a team. WHY?

and as to the guy who's rooting for the Pats for his mom kinda makes me sick. There are 10,000 other things in life more meaningful then rooting for a football team to win in dedication to your mom. I'm sure your mom's life means more to you then the Pats winning yet another superbowl. All I'm saying is there is other more valid ways to uphold a love ones legacy. I just think your using it as a chance to feel what winning feels like.

What happens when the Pats win?... do you run around the house on cloud 19 screaming and hollering in excitement?

I hope you don't take my post the wrong way and I meant to ill intentions I'm just alittle baffled by all of this.

Bobs got a reason to care about the outcome of the game. So does boozer, apparently.

But for the rest of you...if you're all(or, to be fair, just most of you) complaining about it all so much...why dont you just not watch it?

What an amazing idea...

I agree with Jam on all accounts but why in Gods name do y'all have to "root" for a team? Both the Giants and Pats disgust me as they would disgust any true Jet fan. How about hopefully watching a decent game and in the end, WHO THE ***** CARES WHO WINS?! Both teams blow!

Because rooting for both teams to lose never seems to end well.

Archived