Would you consider #6 for Larry Fitzgerald?

aec4

Would you deal #6 for Fitzgerald if you could restructure him?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you deal #6 for Fitzgerald if you could restructure him?

• Yes
    • No

Sounds like the Eagles made a play for him Lito + their 2nd, and AZ said no.

Fitzgerald has a huge contract, and you'd have to make it contingent on redoing his deal. It's rumored he'd take 27M guaranteed. I know, that's a ton........ However, #6 is going to get a lot guaranteed too (not 27M, but a lot).

I know this... if Larry Fitzgerald entered the draft right now, as a known commodity, he'd be a top 3 pick.

I'm not sure if I'd do it or not but it's something to think about

He is a young guy with a couple of years of experience under his belt. A proven commodity, not an unproven college star. I would do it.

that would be ironic that we get Faneca and Pace due to Ftzgeralds conrtact, then we land Fitzgerald himself. People in Arizona would kill themselves.

It would be interesting. He'd probably be in the area of $2M more than the #6 pick. I think he's clearly worth that.

Also keep in mind he makes Coles expendable (particularly after his head explodes from rage) so we'd save space there.

Toss Coles in for all I care.... if it gets the deal done!

I say yes based on us being able to restructure his contract, he's a top receiver in this league and I would much rather give a huge contract to a guy like him even if I think it's to much, then to a guy I think will most likely be a bust(McFadden). I still like the Idea of trading down if McFadden gets to 6 because you can get quality players without tying up to much cap, like we got this year in Revis/Harris, but you don't know what will happen draft day and we might be stuck at #6. That means if McFadden is gone or all the talk of Dallas trading up isn't true that we can end up with another Drob situation, a worthless waist of way to much cap space. I'd rather go for the known playmaker. Look we gave Calvin Pace 20 million guaranteed, if he's worth 20 based on his accomplishments then Fitz is worth 27.

I'd rather trade down and get a few first rounders and a second day pick. But if we can't do that I wouldn't mind using our #1 to get a young stud WR. If he was there in the draft now, would you draft him at #6? yes? good.

It would be interesting. He'd probably be in the area of $2M more than the #6 pick. I think he's clearly worth that.

Also keep in mind he makes Coles expendable (particularly after his head explodes from rage) so we'd save space there.

I would do it too..theres nobody you are going to pick thats going to be better then him at the wr spot...

McFadden will be more important to this team than Fitz!

You McFadden fanboys are unbelievable, McFadden is a coin flip at best on whether or not he will be a bust. If we where getting Adrian Peterson for our pick you would still claim taking McFadden was a no brainer.

I can't beleive people actually said no. It boggles my mind. You are so blind at what McFadden or gholston could be and fail to take notice of what Fitzy really is. The kid hasn't even turned 25 yet, but has average over 1000 yards and 8 tds his first 4 years. He has two 100 catch seasons with 224 of his 330 receptions coming for first downs (with a 13.8 yards per catch). He is one of the top 5 wide receivers in the game and if we give him up for a 1st and even coles or a low draft pick, you would have to do it in a heartbeat. He will become clemens' new best friend and finally give us a #1 WR. I just don't see how you wouldn't want this guy.

I can't beleive people actually said no. It boggles my mind. You are so blind at what McFadden or gholston could be and fail to take notice of what Fitzy really is. The kid hasn't even turned 25 yet, but has average over 1000 yards and 8 tds his first 4 years. He has two 100 catch seasons with 224 of his 330 receptions coming for first downs (with a 13.8 yards per catch). He is one of the top 5 wide receivers in the game and if we give him up for a 1st and even coles or a low draft pick, you would have to do it in a heartbeat. He will become clemens' new best friend and finally give us a #1 WR. I just don't see how you wouldn't want this guy.

Yeah seriously. I want to know who are the 8 Jets fans who voted no. What a joke.

absolutely yes, but I can see where some people wouldn't want. We all don't like chocolate ice cream, some like strawberry. Some people think dmc will be better then Fitz. Now the real question is, are the Cards really shopping him or did some just dream this up. Cause if it's get legs, lets get it running.

absolutely yes, but I can see where some people wouldn't want. We all don't like chocolate ice cream, some like strawberry. Some people think dmc will be better then Fitz. Now the real question is, are the Cards really shopping him or did some just dream this up. Cause if it's get legs, lets get it running.

It's not just a pipe dream. He counts 14M against the cap in AZ this yr, and he doesn't seem to want to restructure. Philly inquired for a 2nd rounder and AZ said no. I say give them #6 and our 4th... or even #6 and our 3rd round in 2009...

I read that one NFL GM called Arizonas asking price for Fitzgerald "absurd". Dont remember where I saw it though. If this had any chance of ever happening the Jets would be crazy to not pull the trigger

they better get a good price before its too late

Archived