Yankees And Devil Rays Fight

Maxman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shelley Duncan 4 President!

Girardi already making a statement here that Torre would have slept through.

It's the wrong statement. Hit the batter, fine. Be done with it. Try to physically injure someone else on a what seems like purpose, on a play where Duncan was out by a mile is classless. Which just about figures with Duncan. He's a joke.

It's the wrong statement. Hit the batter, fine. Be done with it. Try to physically injure someone else on a what seems like purpose, on a play where Duncan was out by a mile is classless. Which just about figures with Duncan. He's a joke.

Pardon me, but I wouldnt give a f##k if Duncan ended Iwamuras season or not.

In fact, I wish he would have actually hurt him.

Pardon me, but I wouldnt give a f##k if Duncan ended Iwamuras season or not.

In fact, I wish he would have actually hurt him.

Why? Iwamura had nothing to do with the plate collision, correct? Wanting someone to get injured or hurt is about as classless as it gets. It speaks volumes.

Why? Iwamura had nothing to do with the plate collision, correct? Wanting someone to get injured or hurt is about as classless as it gets. It speaks volumes.

As if I give a **** what homercarl thinks.

And maybe you didnt hear me the first time. I dont give a flying f##k about Iwamura.

As if I give a **** what homercarl thinks.

And maybe you didnt hear me the first time. I dont give a flying f##k about Iwamura.

Awesome. You're missing the point. I'm sure you'd care if Jeter or Cano were being spiked by someone.

No matter what it was still gutless and classless and Shelley Duncan will get what's coming to him. What a hack.

Awesome. You're missing the point. I'm sure you'd care if Jeter or Cano were being spiked by someone.

No matter what it was still gutless and classless and Shelley Duncan will get what's coming to him. What a hack.

And what say you about Cervellis broken wrist play? "Just hard nosed baseball", right?

Stuff it up your a##. The slide from Duncan on Iwamura was nothing over the top.

And what say you about Cervellis broken wrist play? "Just hard nosed baseball", right?

Stuff it up your a##. The slide from Duncan on Iwamura was nothing over the top.

Yes, running over a catcher is a part of baseball. Has been for a very long time. Sliding into someone when you're obviously going to be tagged out trying to maliciously injure them has no place in baseball. It's Bush league, but that's what you come to expect from the Yankees.

You're all class Barton. Try civility once in a while.

Yes, running over a catcher is a part of baseball. Has been for a very long time. Sliding into someone when you're obviously going to be tagged out trying to maliciously injure them has no place in baseball. It's Bush league, but that's what you come to expect from the Yankees.

You're all class Barton. Try civility once in a while.

Oh, so its ok to do it if you arent intending to hurt the player??

Quit talkin out your ass, clown.

Oh, so its ok to do it if you arent intending to hurt the player??

Quit talkin out your ass, clown.

How you are defending this is laughable at best. If you slide correctly, you shouldn't have your foot in the pelvic region of the defender. The picture says it all. Duncan was wrong for what he did and you are wrong to encourage or defend it. I'm not even going to respond to you further as your desperate attempts to defend this classless act has resorted to name calling, which just means you have no real argument to make.

Good for Shelley Duncan. Hey, D-Rays. Don't start ****, won't be ****.

Maybe I underestimated Girardi. This is something I wish Torre had done, once in a while.

Except for the fact that home plate collisions are a part of the game..and spiking someone on purpose is not.

Who are the D-Rays..BTW? ;)

Are we in bizzaro world?? There's a huge difference in intention to injure and an accident. Obviously playing in a sport accidents happen, but if you're intentionally going in there with your spikes in someone's nuts, that's f@cked up and there's no place in the game for it.

If this was Coco Crisp spiking Jeter, Coco would be a cheap player and a POS, so let's look at it without the interlocking NY glasses on.

The whole thing should have been over when the guy got plunked. Duncan had an agenda to do something today, just look at his quotes from the other day. Duncan is a loose cannon, has a reputation in the minors as such.

The running over of the catcher was a little over the top, but I can't fault a kid trying to play hard and make his way through the organization. Maybe if he side steps the catcher or gives himself up, they take it as him being soft, and he is sent back to single A camp next week, who knows. The only reason it became a problem was because the catcher boke his wrist. So you plunk Longoria or Crawford the next time you play them, and it's over. No need to go into 2B with spikes up, especially that high. And Gomes, what a punk! Hey Johnny, I wouldn't dig in too deep when you face Hughes next time pal.

Barrelling into the catcher was a questionable move. Although, he was blocking the plate, was CC supposed to just slide into him and let himself get tagged?

I'm fine with hitting Longoria as retalitation, but it should have ended there.

BTW, what if someone was to say, "I don't give a **** about some scrub Yankee catcher. I'm glad he broke his wrist." What would you Yankee homers have to say then?

Also, Longoria is going to own the AL East for years.

If this was Coco Crisp spiking Jeter, Coco would be a cheap player and a POS, so let's look at it without the interlocking NY glasses on.

The whole thing should have been over when the guy got plunked. Duncan had an agenda to do something today, just look at his quotes from the other day. Duncan is a loose cannon, has a reputation in the minors as such.

The running over of the catcher was a little over the top, but I can't fault a kid trying to play hard and make his way through the organization. Maybe if he side steps the catcher or gives himself up, they take it as him being soft, and he is sent back to single A camp next week, who knows. The only reason it became a problem was because the catcher boke his wrist. So you plunk Longoria or Crawford the next time you play them, and it's over. No need to go into 2B with spikes up, especially that high. And Gomes, what a punk! Hey Johnny, I wouldn't dig in too deep when you face Hughes next time pal.

I agree with that.

Tampa has been losing for as long as they have been around. They are trying to get a new attitude, so I can't blame the kid for sliding the way he did. The catcher was blocking the plate.

Girardi spoke out in defense of his team. He showed fire and passion. These are the exact reasons he is the manager. They need signs of life.

I didn't read anything else about it but right after the game Girardi said he didn't see Duncan's slide. He commented that he would watch it and if Duncan was wrong, he would speak to him about it.

I like that, he is trying to get them to play with emotion and stay within limits so to speak. Duncan was wrong here. So I think Joe will talk to him and say the passion and fire are good kids. But don't go overboard.

Actually the photos make it look much worse. I just watched the slide for the first time (video). It was dirty but not terrible. He slide late, the photos make it look like he slid higher than he really did. Hard play, on the dirty side.

What is more over the top? The RF coming in and trying to knock down a guy who isn't looking. That is a bigger issue here. Since before that there was no fight brewing.

Actually the photos make it look much worse. I just watched the slide for the first time (video). It was dirty but not terrible. He slide late, the photos make it look like he slid higher than he really did. Hard play, on the dirty side.

What is more over the top? The RF coming in and trying to knock down a guy who isn't looking. That is a bigger issue here. Since before that there was no fight brewing.

The pic makes it look 1000x times worse than it actually was.

And yea, Gomes is a b***h. He couldnt even knock Shelley down, lol.

IMO, this isnt even enough in retaliation. That tampa bay scrub completely barrelled into Cervelli like it was game 7 of the world series, and broke the kids wrist. That f'ing scrub didnt just run over Cervelli, he threw his entire f'ing body at him full speed with extra pop at the end just as he hit him. WTF?

I dont see anybody on tampa with broken bones, so IMO, we're not even yet. That whole franchise is a sad joke anyways, trying to make a name for themselves by playing tuff guys vs the Yankees. Gimme a break, scrubs, enjoy last place.

Also, Longoria is going to own the AL East for years.

And Troll just traded him to me with Joba. Awesome stuff.

Gomes is the wrong one here. He had no part in the play. IF the 2B started the fight, it wouldnt be a big deal Gomes should be suspended for his actions.

Now the slide, if a second baseman cant take a hard slide, then he doesnt deserve to be in the majors. It was dirty, but I have seen alot dirtier than that. That pic doesnt prove anything except the 2nd Baseman should have been wearing a cup and I hope he did.

IMO, this isnt even enough in retaliation. That tampa bay scrub completely barrelled into Cervelli like it was game 7 of the world series, and broke the kids wrist. That f'ing scrub didnt just run over Cervelli, he threw his entire f'ing body at him full speed with extra pop at the end just as he hit him. WTF?

I dont see anybody on tampa with broken bones, so IMO, we're not even yet. That whole franchise is a sad joke anyways, trying to make a name for themselves by playing tuff guys vs the Yankees. Gimme a break, scrubs, enjoy last place.

Its far from over, this is going to be like when the Sox and Rays went at it a few years back with Headhunting Pedro

I don't care about Cervelli.

Yankees will have their hands full with the Rays. So will the Sox. That is a good, young team.

This is the manager of the dDRAYs fault, totally uncalled for running over catchers ins pring training. At the end of the day nobody cares if you win or lose a ST game so stop trying to kill eachother for a precious run.

The Drays manager didnt tone his team down after crawford did it earlier in the week, he encouraged it. Hence, you get this.

And i dont care what that fat, disgruntled old man Don Zimmer has to say about it. Its wrong.

Yes yes absolutely. :roll:

I don't want to see any player injured

And i also don't mind the Yankees playing hard nosed baseball. It's quite refreshing for a change

I don't want to see any player injured.

And I also don't mind the Rays playing hard nosed baseball. It's quite refreshing for a change.

Dude..that's pretty messed up.

I'm a pretty messed up guy. I'm behind Duncan's actions 110%. I hope this second baseman is injured. I'm a classless guy, I'm uncivilized. I don't care. They started and we're going to finish. We have to show them that there are consequences for their actions. They want to play dirty in a meaningless game they are winning and feel it is harmless, we'll show them what kind of harm it causes.

He shouldn't have charged the catcher, he should have just stopped and gotten out? Thats exactly what you want your players doing in spring training, giving up on plays. Give me a break. If that was my team, I don't care how meaningless the game is, he better take it seriously 'cause its his ass if he doesn't.

And wishing their 2B got injured, Barton? Lol, tell me, is pine tar still illegal in MLB? Learn something about the game.

what i dont understand is how heath phillips(pitcher) got thrown out. He didnt even want to hit him he barely grazed his shirt. He had no intention

What shelley did so many other people do the take one high cleat and go for the glove to kick the ball out the 2nd baseman moved and got kicked.

i thought the whole fight thing was funny, Gomes came in and just looked like the weakest person alive.

Is the game on YES? Mike and the Mad Dog said there is a fight. Yankee pitcher hit a Devil Ray in the bottom of the 1st. the Yankee pitcher got ejected, Girardi argued.

2nd inning -- Shelly Duncan got thrown out at 2b. Slid into 2b hard -- cleats up. Johnny Ghomes comes running over from RF and he and Duncan went at it and both benches cleared. ARod and Jeter were not on the trip.

WFAN says Duncan was out of line for sliding in like that.

The play was not close. Duncan was thrown out immediately (before the fight). He says the Yankees were mad that the pitcher got thrown out.

Dear Head Idiot,

CHECK YOUR PM'S!!!

:cloudy:

Archived