Jets to release ROBERTSON.

JETSFAN5180

Jets To Release Robertson?

First, DT Dewayne Robertson was going to the Bengals, then we heard the talks about him being traded to the Denver Broncos. Now it looks like the former #4 overall will be released by the Jets.Im assuming this will be a financial move to free up $$$$.

According to Newsday, Robertson failed his physical with the Broncos, but Denver was willing to overlook the medical evidence based on the fact that Robertson hasn't missed any games the last few seasons. The cash-strapped Broncos, however, failed to reach a contract agreement with Robertson.

Robertson, who was selected by the Jets #4 overall in 2003, never lived up to the high expectations of him being the next Warren Sapp. In 5 seasons with the Jets Robertson recorded only 14.5 sacks and forced 3 fumbles.He was tossed around like a rag doll game after game.

The sad part about the entire situation is we get NOTHING for him.

Don't for a minute think the Broncos and/or Bengals didn't come to an agreement with Robertson. Theyjust saw the obvious, and now the can get him for free.

Honestly, who really gives a ****. The guy is something we need to unload and I honestly could care less if it was for a 2nd day pick or nothing. He needed to go. Buh-bye if this report is true.

Don't for a minute think the Broncos and/or Bengals didn't come to an agreement with Robertson. Theyjust saw the obvious, and now the can get him for free.

No they can't.One OR the other maybe,but not both!If we release Robertson there will be a BUNCH of teams trying to sign him and he is going to make BIG money.Just watch..........

Jets To Release Robertson?

First, DT Dewayne Robertson was going to the Bengals, then we heard the talks about him being traded to the Denver Broncos. Now it looks like the former #4 overall will be released by the Jets.Im assuming this will be a financial move to free up $$$$.

According to Newsday, Robertson failed his physical with the Broncos, but Denver was willing to overlook the medical evidence based on the fact that Robertson hasn't missed any games the last few seasons. The cash-strapped Broncos, however, failed to reach a contract agreement with Robertson.

Robertson, who was selected by the Jets #4 overall in 2003, never lived up to the high expectations of him being the next Warren Sapp. In 5 seasons with the Jets Robertson recorded only 14.5 sacks and forced 3 fumbles.He was tossed around like a rag doll game after game.

The sad part about the entire situation is we get NOTHING for him.

Sad indeed. A 1st rounder and #4 overall and we get zip for him. Just wonderful.

I ordered a Robertson Authentic the day after I met him at the draft.... the NFL shop sent it to me with a huge stain on the front of the jersey. I sent it back.

Blessing in disguise! Thank you NFL shop for ****ing up my order,it is because of you I am not stuck with the fat piece of overrated ****s jersey.

If we're releasing him this early I think this means we came to agreements with Rhodes and/or Coles & needed the space now rather than in June.

Coles showed at the camp, so they must have done something to satisfy him. I'm not so sure this Robertson blurb means anything though. Seems like somebody guessing, like us, that DRob won't bring anything on the market.

I don't see how they say he is "failing" the physicals. I didn't think they were pass/fail. I mean they'd have no problem letting him trot out and play games, so how did he "fail"? The physical just shows an item of concern (bone on bone knee).

Coles showed at the camp, so they must have done something to satisfy him. I'm not so sure this Robertson blurb means anything though. Seems like somebody guessing, like us, that DRob won't bring anything on the market.

I don't see how they say he is "failing" the physicals. I didn't think they were pass/fail. I mean they'd have no problem letting him trot out and play games, so how did he "fail"? The physical just shows an item of concern (bone on bone knee).

Well, there's another thought. He may not be staying out of voluntary workouts voluntarily. If he gets injured in a team-organized event/workout, I think we have to pay him for the year.

Kind of like what happened with McNair in his last off-season with the Titans.

Honestly, who really gives a ****. The guy is something we need to unload and I honestly could care less if it was for a 2nd day pick or nothing. He needed to go. Buh-bye if this report is true.

I agree. I couldn't care less either, but don't think other teams do not want him either.

Seriously- this fat slob made about 3 impact plays in his Jets career.

Awful pick. He was the definition of a non-factor.

Beleive it or not, he actually made 57 tackles this year with 36 solo and 4 sacks. 61 tackles last year. Shaun Rogers had 39 tackles this year and 7 sacks.

Beleive it or not, he actually made 57 tackles this year with 36 solo and 4 sacks. 61 tackles last year. Shaun Rogers had 39 tackles this year and 7 sacks.

Yes, but some of DRob's tackles were by accident this year :lol:

Archived