Calvin Pace

Tony Richardson

Bubba Franks

Artrell Hawkins

Sione Pouha (re-sign)

Matt Chatham (re-sign)

Worst:

Letting Sean Ryan go so easily

Cutting Anthony "Boarhunter) Schlegalsaurus - and dont give me the crap that we did that last season, it was that bad of a move.

Best:

-Faneca. His presence should make three spots on the O-line better.

-Jenkins. His presence should make six players in the front seven significantly better.

Worst:

-Not getting the Drob deal done. I don't know how ethical it is to restructure a player's contract; then trade him. But at this point, I'd have preferred some draft picks over a good conscience.

If I had to pick only one for each, I'd have to go with the best offseason move being the acquisition of Alan Faneca simply because by that one signing it is going to make players such as Thomas Jones and Leon Washington much better runners.

The Alan Faneca signing will have the MOST impact on our 4th pick in the 2006 NFL draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson. I know for a fact that the person who was most elated when this signing was official even more so than Thomas Jones was D'Brick. The left side of our offensive line this year I think will be up there with the left sides of teams such as the Minnesota Vikings and the Indianapolis Colt's.

Worse Offseason move = Damien Woody. I think this simply due to the fact that I think we could've done much better. Is Woody an IMMEDIATE upgrade over Anthony "I'm huge, but can't block a 4th grade girl scout" Clements? Absolutely. So if they plan on drafting a OT with one of their 2 fourth round picks to which I feel that there will still be a very good OT out there to compete with Woody and possibly even eventually start over Woody this season then why not just keep Clements and have a rookie take over his spot?????

All in all though I'm VERY satisfied with what this front office did in Free Agency. Pleasantly shocked even. What that does is set us up for picking the BPA come this year's NFL draft. :)

If I had to pick only one for each, I'd have to go with the best offseason move being the acquisition of Alan Faneca simply because by that one signing it is going to make players such as Thomas Jones and Leon Washington much better runners.

The Alan Faneca signing will have the MOST impact on our 4th pick in the 2006 NFL draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson. I know for a fact that the person who was most elated when this signing was official even more so than Thomas Jones was D'Brick. The left side of our offensive line this year I think will be up there with the left sides of teams such as the Minnesota Vikings and the Indianapolis Colt's.

Worse Offseason move = Damien Woody. I think this simply due to the fact that I think we could've done much better. Is Woody an IMMEDIATE upgrade over Anthony "I'm huge, but can't block a 4th grade girl scout" Clements? Absolutely. So if they plan on drafting a OT with one of their 2 fourth round picks to which I feel that there will still be a very good OT out there to compete with Woody and possibly even eventually start over Woody this season then why not just keep Clements and have a rookie take over his spot?????

All in all though I'm VERY satisfied with what this front office did in Free Agency. Pleasantly shocked even. What that does is set us up for picking the BPA come this year's NFL draft. :)

Do you make up your own nicknames, or do you find them in a book? :P

Also, I have a sneaking suspision that Woody was brought in (firstly to play RT) but mainly to be able to back-up LG, C, RG should anything happen.

At this point I'm not convinced we'll be drafting an OT in the first rounds (At least I hope we don't);and hopefully our grooming RT-to-be is somewhere on our roster already (in Turner, Bender, Oldenbeurg, et al.)

Do you make up your own nicknames, or do you find them in a book? :P

Also, I have a sneaking suspision that Woody was brought in (firstly to play RT) but mainly to be able to back-up LG, C, RG should anything happen.

At this point I'm not convinced we'll be drafting an OT in the first rounds (At least I hope we don't);and hopefully our grooming RT-to-be is somewhere on our roster already (in Turner, Bender, Oldenbeurg, et al.)

My nicknames are all made up lol.

With the whole Damien Woody situation, I think that right now he's our starting RT. At some point in this draft, which is deep in talent at the tackle position, we will be drafting a RT. I also think that it makes the most sense to do so with our early fourth round pick because of the fact that we lack a 3rd round pick which really forces us to draft impact players at impact positions with our first and second round pick. With those first two picks we need to draft players at immediate need positions such as a CB or a WR or of course if Gholston or McFadden is available you would go with them. By doing that they will allow themselves to still get a very effective RT in the fourth.

Now when the fourth round pick comes along you can draft a solid RT with our early fourth round pick followed by player for depth in a position that lacks it.

My nicknames are all made up lol.

With the whole Damien Woody situation, I think that right now he's our starting RT. At some point in this draft, which is deep in talent at the tackle position, we will be drafting a RT. I also think that it makes the most sense to do so with our early fourth round pick because of the fact that we lack a 3rd round pick which really forces us to draft impact players at impact positions with our first and second round pick. With those first two picks we need to draft players at immediate need positions such as a CB or a WR or of course if Gholston or McFadden is available you would go with them. By doing that they will allow themselves to still get a very effective RT in the fourth.

Now when the fourth round pick comes along you can draft a solid RT with our early fourth round pick followed by player for depth in a position that lacks it.

I wouldn't be suprised if we draftd McGlynn from Pitt. He's a RT/OG prospect.

At this point it wouldn't suprise me if we traded both 4th rounders to move up into the 3rd and nab someone we like.

Matt Chatham sucks, he is absolutely worthless.

You're kidding I assume.

Easily the best player on this team. If we didn't re-sign him I would be the 1st one out protesting and asking Woody to retire as owner.

Losing Ryan hurt enough, losing both Ryan and Chatham would have been just terrible.

Best- Faneca- Makes the OL super strong:) Jenkins- Veteran leadership on defense, and his big body plugging the hole is perfect:)

Worst- Woody(And he's not even a bad signing he's just the worst out of everyone we signed) LOL.

SO/SO- Pace- Just, because of how much money we gave him, but I still really like him, and I expect very good things from him:)

Best- Faneca- Makes the OL super strong:) Jenkins- Veteran leadership on defense, and his big body plugging the hole is perfect:)

Worst- Woody(And he's not even a bad signing he's just the worst out of everyone we signed) LOL.

SO/SO- Pace- Just, because of how much money we gave him, but I still really like him, and I expect very good things from him:)

I agree with your post. Faneca was a no-brainer pretty much and Jenkins will be a good NT.

Woody got way too much money and he isn't that good. LJ Shelton is basically the same player and the Jets could have gotten him for a fraction of the price.

Pace is a very risky signing. One-year wonder. I'll be happy if he gives us 80-90 tackles and 5 sacks next year.

I wouldn't be suprised if we draftd McGlynn from Pitt. He's a RT/OG prospect.

At this point it wouldn't suprise me if we traded both 4th rounders to move up into the 3rd and nab someone we like.

I actually really wouldn't mind trading our 2 fourth rounders to trade into the 3rd SO LONG as we get an impact player who dropped into the 3rd round. I only say that because this is a deep draft and I think we can still get some players who will contribute in the 4th round.

I haven't really heard much of this McGlynn guy. What round is he projected to get drafted in?

Archived