Will you guys ban people for being stupid?

RichardSeymour

PLEASE hold off on the jokes, or keep them to a minimum.

Honest question: if a poster who isn't a complete *** (like Chrebet was) but who really contributes nothing and contributes to the decline of conversation comes over, will you guys ban him, or at least put him on a a 48 hour flood control between posts leash?

I'm thinking ErIc BaRtOn as an example....

Let me say: I hope so.

PLEASE hold off on the jokes, or keep them to a minimum.

Honest question: if a poster who isn't a complete *** (like Chrebet was) but who really contributes nothing and contributes to the decline of conversation comes over, will you guys ban him, or at least put him on a a 48 hour flood control between posts leash?

I'm thinking ErIc BaRtOn as an example....

Let me say: I hope so.

Got some other Falsehoods to deal with right now but I will answer this in a bit bro.

There are no guidelines. If yu are boring, I will ban you because I am a dickhole with a Napoleon complex. Other than that, it's all subjective.

And Barton ain't all that bad, slappy. He drils Tex every so often with a rippin' zingah!!! :lol:

Strangely enough I know what R Seymour is talking about. It is a very difficult dilemma when you have an influx of new posters who tend to be teenagers. The quality of the football content gets dragged down with 500 R Moss threads and repeated mock drafts from people who do no research whatsoever. They just continue to repost their thoughts because they are attention whores. But the million dollar question is what do you do about it? Banning them seems to be extreme, but allowing it to run rampant is what is hurting JI right now. The man who comes up with a real solution deserves the nobel prize IMO.

Strangely enough I know what R Seymour is talking about. It is a very difficult dilemma when you have an influx of new posters who tend to be teenagers. The quality of the football content gets dragged down with 500 R Moss threads and repeated mock drafts from people who do no research whatsoever. They just continue to repost their thoughts because they are attention whores. But the million dollar question is what do you do about it? Banning them seems to be extreme, but allowing it to run rampant is what is hurting JI right now. The man who comes up with a real solution deserves the nobel prize IMO.

Did Max say that they can adjust the flood control per poster?

There's your answer. If someone establishes themselves as a moron put them on 1 hour flood control, and increase it from there if it keeps up.

Put the newbs on 1 hour flood control and it forces them to THINK about what they post--- and if it's idiotic anyway they can't flood the board.

If they start contributing meaningful stuff the flood control can be dropped down to 5 minutes, then 10 seconds eventually.

JMO.

Did Max say that they can adjust the flood control per poster?

There's your answer. If someone establishes themselves as a moron put them on 1 hour flood control, and increase it from there if it keeps up.

Put the newbs on 1 hour flood control and it forces them to THINK about what they post--- and if it's idiotic anyway they can't flood the board.

If they start contributing meaningful stuff the flood control can be dropped down to 5 minutes, then 10 seconds eventually.

JMO.

Where do I send your nobel prize?? Hell of an idea!!

No offense seymour but what do you think the newbies think when they see you Pats fans drilling us? I mean we know you and we get the joke but they don't and then you provoke them. so you pats fans are responsible for alot of the bad behavior.

cmon dont ban anyone. unless they incite a riot or get into a VICIOUS racial attack.

this banning stuff is for the birds

**** you ya dam cracka

ban me you bastids :twisted:

what seymour is really asking is how many Pats fans will you let in

Hey JonEJinx...consider yourself lucky that you dont get banned for making wildly inaccurate picks.

MORE evidence that people will not be banned for stupidity.

Zippy is here. He's about the dumbest MFer I've found on the entire Internet. Here's his picture.

uglylucker.jpg

Guys the answer is no. We won't ban people for being "stupid". And if this was a cute way of asking, "How much longer does Tom have left here"

well let me just say, not long.

He won't go because he is stupid though. I am thinking that the nudity rule will be his downfall.

And Barton ain't all that bad, slappy. He drils Tex every so often with a rippin' zingah!!! :lol:

I agree with TS. barton has grown on me over the past few months. Yea, he can be a little over zealous at times, but he seems to have a pretty good knowledge of the game.

He still has two of the betters lines ever:

Telling Garb to STFU and go play with her easy bake oven.

and

Saying that Tedy Bruschi's head will allow him to do Gateway box commercials.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and BobTheNazi, if you don't like my posts, just delete them.

Yes, EB had his funny moments, Tex - but please do not invite Eric Barton here - I can't stand "talking" to a 15 year old that thinks he knows more than anyone else.

If Barton comes here - I'll find and beg Shasta to take up residence here.....yup, that's a threat! :lol:

Unless, of course, like many others, they are here under a dfifferent moniker....although JonE and Shasta (man, woman, it?) would have been at it already (no, not like THAT.... :roll: )

:lol:

[quote name='"Garb"

If Barton comes here - I'll find and beg Shasta to take up residence here.....yup, that's a threat! :lol:

[/quote']

a patsie making a threat on a JETS board... oooohhh i am quivering in my boots :roll::lol:

Zip it, Bumblelina! :wink:

.....and where is that recipe you promised me???

if i zip it...how can i tell you the recipe :roll: figure out what you want ...sheesh.. so darn fickle... LOL

remind me at night... i don't carry my recipes around with me to school..

Archived