Colt Brennan....

JonEJet

rumors swirl that the Jets like him

Is he worth a late round flyer in the 6th?

I like the guy..I know he didn't so well against Georgia...but then again neither did the entire team

Love to get this guy late

Didn't he also stink up the combine?

I like the guy..I know he didn't so well against Georgia...but then again neither did the entire team

I'm with you on this one. Always thought he had potential. If he wouldve been on a better team he would have been projected higher but regardless if we don't go QB early (which i hope) and he's still available late i say pick him up. :Typotux:

I love Colt Brennan. I hope that if hes there in the 6th we take him. I wouldnt have a problem even if we get him with a 5th(if we have one). I think hes a good quarterback. It wasnt his fault in the game vs. Georgia. He woulda been able to do what he does had he had an evenly matched line. I would be very happy if we could get him.

IMO, he's worth a top-10 pick. 58 TDs, 13-1 record. He had one small injury, but he's still just as good. Matt Ryan+Colt Brennan=Jet's Super Bowl Win.

I think the combine is overratted. Like the Wonderlic test. Oh yeah Vince Young turned out to be a horrible QB...

That's not sarcasm, it's a correct statement. VY is probably the most overrated player in the NFL.

I pass on Brennan.

Got a link for his combine performance?? :Typotux:

Nope.

All I know is that he played against these awesome teams:

Northern Colorado, Louisiana Tech, UNLV, Idaho, Utah State, San Jose State, New Mexico State, Fresno State, Nevada, Boise State & Washington.

absolutely. most of the time in the 6th /7th round you really don't know what you are getting.

by getting Brennan. you don't use him for 3-4 years at least. He's a long term project. I believe he has good accuracy, but he needs better. He would be productive in an offense with a really good O-line (what QB isn't).

I believe he's got the competitive spirit and whatever team gets him will get a good character and hard working guy. But he'll need A LOT of time

Everybody wants to label Clemens for being an Oregon QB where all prior Oregon QB's were busts. Funny thing is, Clemens didn't play in the Run and Shoot offense that flourishes in college football and made Joey Harrington and Akili Smith look like world beaters. But....guess who did play in that same offense.....you guessed it....Colt Brennan. There's a reason you don't see Run and Shoots in conferences like the SEC, ACC, Big East, and Big 10. It's because defenses with quality top tier players can embarrass a run and shoot offense, much like Georgia did to Colt. Brennan will be best served in the Arena league.

absolutely. most of the time in the 6th /7th round you really don't know what you are getting.

by getting Brennan. you don't use him for 3-4 years at least. He's a long term project. I believe he has good accuracy, but he needs better. He would be productive in an offense with a really good O-line (what QB isn't).

I believe he's got the competitive spirit and whatever team gets him will get a good character and hard working guy. But he'll need A LOT of time

So sitting Brennan for 3 or 4 years is good in your book?

Did anybody actually watch his game against Georgia? It wasn't his fault they sucked, his o-line was basically just two guards and a center. The two tackles did absolutely nothing to stop the pass rush, it was worse than the Jets line this past year. I don't know if he'll be good or not, but using this game as a judge of his ability is a mistake.

All the reports I read said he was one of the most impressive QB's at the combine.

It was at the Senior Bowl (Where he was very underweight due to an illness) where he really struggled.

He was interviewed today on ESPN & at the combine he completed 24 out of 25 passes & it was a "drop". If he is available in a late round, & if we didn't select a QB, I say "grab him". What do you have to lose? A late round draft choice? Look at the mistakes we made with higher draft picks.

Just my thoughts.

He was interviewed today on ESPN & at the combine he completed 24 out of 25 passes & it was a "drop". If he is available in a late round, & if we didn't select a QB, I say "grab him". What do you have to lose? A late round draft choice? Look at the mistakes we made with higher draft picks.

Just my thoughts.

exactly, you make a bad pick in round one you're called fools. you make a great pick in the late round you're called geniuses.

if that both happens, it's a wash

Did anybody actually watch his game against Georgia? It wasn't his fault they sucked, his o-line was basically just two guards and a center. The two tackles did absolutely nothing to stop the pass rush, it was worse than the Jets line this past year. I don't know if he'll be good or not, but using this game as a judge of his ability is a mistake.

exactly...i watched the entire game and it was not his fault at all. he just had 0 time to make a play whatsoever.

Just my thoughts.

:sign0098: He doesn't have the strongest arm I've ever seen, acurracy is his game. He had a miserable Senior Bowl week and game but he was playing hurt. He had a very good pro day workout. I'd take a flyer on him in the 6th if he's still there.

A 185 pound QB with a weak arm? Sounds like he will cure all our problems. So what if he wilted in his big chance against top competition? By all accounts he blew goats during the senior bowl and all the practices leading up to it. Oh yeah, and he has character concerns. LET'S DO IT!!! I mean nobody good is ever drafted in the sixth round.

A 185 pound QB with a weak arm? Sounds like he will cure all our problems. So what if he wilted in his big chance against top competition? By all accounts he blew goats during the senior bowl and all the practices leading up to it. Oh yeah, and he has character concerns. LET'S DO IT!!! I mean nobody good is ever drafted in the sixth round.

He's on a weight lifting program and is apparently up to 186-187 lbs. now :biggrin:. Seriously he's around 200. The character concerns were before he transferred to Hawaii. Apparently he's been solid since his time there. He stayed for his senior year and for that I give him credit. It cost him a bundle of $$ however.

You're forgetting that Brady was smaller & weaker when he was drafted. Belly put him on a program to strengthen his arm & body. He didn't play his 1st year with the Pats. (significantly) Wasn't Brady a "backup" his senior year? I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere. If I'm wrong, I apologize to all the Pats trolls on the site.

It's a crap shoot, especially in the late rounds. If teams thought that he (Brennan) was so great, he would be going in the early rounds of the draft.

Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not comparing Colt Brennan to any of the top QB prospects that were drafted in previous years, but wasn't Johnny Unitas passed over by a lot of teams for various reasons... How did that turn out?

How about Derek Anderson? I'm sure the list goes on & on.

He clearly doesn't have everything going in his favor but what do you really want from a 6th round pick? If i were in the FO i'd be looking for potential at that point. Since Brenan doesn't have the big arm, I'm not sure that he would be my choice either since his maximum ability might be a lot lower than a prospect like Flacco or Boller (which clearly didn't work out).

Brennan can be a solid player and judging from the Georgia game is sort of comical, his tackles were bent over to the point of it being hard to watch.

Archived