Jets Will Go 12-4

Ghost

The Jets Will Go 12-4...

Facts are facts and opinions are just that. A FACT is the Jets lost 7 games last year by a touchdown or less, this is all coming from a team with a very weak run defense and a very weak offense period. The Jets had one of the worst offensive lines last year, they had no QB and the running game was practically invisible. Thomas Jones ran for more than 1,000 yards and 1 Touchdown, this was a very quiet 1,000. The Jets running game is going to be alive this year, the offense is going to put up points, especially now we have a QB who can throw more than 20 yards with accuracy.

On the defensive side, Kris Jenkins is the player we been missing. The addition of Pace and Gholston should solve the ' Rushing the QB situation ', what I'm trying to say is, anything less than a playoff birth is a huge disappointment for this team. Games are won through the trenches and if you don't believe me, watch the SB and see how the Giants' defensive lineman dominated the Pats'. The Jets have a easy schedule this year and I expect them to triple their wins from last year.

We upgraded the TE position, we no longer have Doug Jolley, Anthony Becht, or Kyle Brady, I think we broke this curse this year, Dustin Keller is much more versatile than all of those players coming out, he's showing a lot of potential.

I think our ST this year is still going to be good, I just really hope Mike Nugent can start kicking in the long ones. You expectations are very high when you get drafted in the 2nd rounder as a kicker, hopefully he shows what he's really made off.

The Jets Will Go 12-4...

Facts are facts and opinions are just that. A FACT is the Jets lost 7 games last year by a touchdown or less, this is all coming from a team with a very weak run defense and a very weak offense period. The Jets had one of the worst offensive lines last year, they had no QB and the running game was practically invisible. Thomas Jones ran for more than 1,000 yards and 1 Touchdown, this was a very quiet 1,000. The Jets running game is going to be alive this year, the offense is going to put up points, especially now we have a QB who can throw more than 20 yards with accuracy.

On the defensive side, Kris Jenkins is the player we been missing. The addition of Pace and Gholston should solve the ' Rushing the QB situation ', what I'm trying to say is, anything less than a playoff birth is a huge disappointment for this team. Games are won through the trenches and if you don't believe me, watch the SB and see how the Giants' defensive lineman dominated the Pats'. The Jets have a easy schedule this year and I expect them to triple their wins from last year.

We upgraded the TE position, we no longer have Doug Jolley, Anthony Becht, or Kyle Brady, I think we broke this curse this year, Dustin Keller is much more versatile than all of those players coming out, he's showing a lot of potential.

I think our ST this year is still going to be good, I just really hope Mike Nugent can start kicking in the long ones. You expectations are very high when you get drafted in the 2nd rounder as a kicker, hopefully he shows what he's really made off.

I'd say that 10-6 would be a legitimate target.

id say 11-5, just because I know we'll lose a game we should win.

I said 10 wins because for some strange reason the Jets can't seem to get over the 10 win level.

In my lifetime the Jets have only won more than more than 10 games in a season twice ('85 & '98).

I said 10 wins because for some strange reason the Jets can't seem to get over the 10 win level.

In my lifetime the Jets have only won more than more than 10 games in a season twice ('85 & '98).

I was 4 in 98, but I didnt get into football until I was 7, so I havent really seen a season over 10 wins either.

I sat shoot for winning the division-that is the first thing we have to do-take down NE.

You guys just need to take care of business. The big advantage the Jets have over the Pats is that they play Cincy & Tennessee while the Pats play Indy & Pittsburgh.

Other than those two games the schedule is the same for both teams.

Again with the technical analysis. Football teams are not stocks. Team history means nothing. Anything prior to 2006 is irrelevant. New GM, coaching staff and most of the players.

You guys just need to take care of business. The big advantage the Jets have over the Pats is that they play Cincy & Tennessee while the Pats play Indy & Pittsburgh.

Other than those two games the schedule is the same for both teams.

Tennessee will have a better record than Pittsburgh this year. The JETS should expect 10-11 win season.

Again with the technical analysis. Football teams are not stocks. Team history means nothing. Anything prior to 2006 is irrelevant. New GM, coaching staff and most of the players.

Thats all well and good but the Jets have only won 11 or more games in a season 3 times and some fans are expecting 11 or 12 this year.

Its just my opinion mate.

The Jets Will Go 12-4...

Facts are facts and opinions are just that.

fact Pronunciation: \ˈfakt\ Function: noun Etymology: Latin factum, from neuter of factus, past participle of facere Date: 15th century 1: a thing done: as aobsolete : feat b: crime <accessory after the fact>

opinion Pronunciation: \ə-ˈpin-yən\ Function: noun Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin opinion-, opinio, from opinari Date: 14th century 1 a: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter b: approval, esteem2 a: belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge b: a generally held view

Your assesment of a 12-4 season for the Jets is an opinion, not a fact. No matter how skewed your opinion is, it can never be misconstrued as fact untill the season is over. A fact would be that the Jets finished 4-12 last year.

Thats all well and good but the Jets have only won 11 or more games in a season 3 times and some fans are expecting 11 or 12 this year.

Its just my opinion mate.

You and I know this is a very disingenuous opinion here. What do past records have to do with this team? If you want to use a past record, how many games did Favre win last year? How many TDs and how much yardage has he thrown for in the past?

You want to go by past, then be fair Gainzo.

I don't know about 12-4, but I like the enthusiasm. I'm being cautiously optimistic and saying 10-6.

I also think the Pats will have a bad year, very bad for their standards. Perhaps also 10-6, maybe 11-5, and a poor showing in the playoffs.

The Jet won't beat Cincinnati. We have of late owned Brett, and won't quit because of an address change.

I just wish the Bengals could peg Manning and Brady as well.

I gotta go 10-6. The first 3 weeks are gonna be tough. if they acn reach the bye week at 2-2, than get to that patriots thursday game at 6-3, they should be alright. If youre staring at 5-5 in the face on thursday, and lose. % and 1 the rest of the way will not be easy

The Jet won't beat Cincinnati. We have of late owned Brett, and won't quit because of an address change.

The Bengal defense looked very suspect the other night against the Packers.

Dude, the fact of the matter is our offense was able to smoke your D with Chad Pennington at QB. This with an improved O-line and a QB who's in a different league to Pennington, Favre and our offense should have a field day vs you guys. Regardless of what history says.

The Bengals should still have a great offense but I wouldn't expect you to dominate our D the way you did last time, there is no Dewayne Robertson or Jonathan Vilma any more and somehow I doubt Kenny Watson will be rushing for 200 yards with Jenkins and Harris in the middle.

We may go 12-4, but that's all we'll do. We will not win the SB.

I think we would have gone 10-6 with Chaddy P at QB, it wouldn't have been as exciting to watch but the end result would have been the same. Playoffs and done.

Buzz kill ;)

You have a 31/32 chance of being right, but after all of our upgrades, especially at the QB position, come on, have a little faith! If Eli can do it, so can we! How many fans thought the Migets would be Super Bowl Champs after week 3 of last year?

Like Tug says... You GOTTA Believe!

Billy is a good guy. I was trying to be nice.

Well thank you sir for the compliment, but I stand by my statement.

FWIW the Cincinnati defense put Rodgers on his butt on the games second play, and soon after dinged him for an INT, and a total of three turnovers for the game. IMHO the Bengals won on the road against a last season NFC playoff team with new DC and LB coaches, and it bodes well.

I will grant you New York has made many improvements. We shall see how they play out when our two teams meet.

Archived