Josh Beckett....WOW

JonEJet

So if the scores hold up the Yankees will be 5 behind the Red Sox? C'mon Yankees don't go out without a fight.

What's the latest on Wang? He coming back or what?

It definitely would be nice starting the football season while having meaningful baseball games.

So if the scores hold up the Yankees will be 5 behind the Red Sox? C'mon Yankees don't go out without a fight.

What's the latest on Wang? He coming back or what?

They need to go on another run and win like 10 in a row to have a shot.

What happened? I know he got the cast off weeks ago and he had a Doctor's appt. But I missed the story after he went.

Is he definitely out? Hasn't resumed throwing yet?

BTW -- he still isn't an ace.

they said when he got hurt he should be back in mid september.

I don't think Josh Beckett is as good as everyone thinks he is. I think he is very similar to a pitcher like Andy Pettitte. Both win the big games, but when they are bad, they really show it. I don't think any red sox fan can disagree with him being similar to Pettitte though. Hell, even their stats this year are similar. Here they are:

Andy Pettitte

12-9

4.30 ERA

45 BB's

126 K's

Josh Beckett

11-9

4.34 ERA

29 BB's

142 K's

Granted Andy Pettitte doesn't have the stuff that Beckett has right now, but they both put up similar stats. They both have had their off years, Pettitte in 1999 (4.70 ERA), and Beckett in 2006 (5.01 ERA). I see no problem in calling them similar.

You guys are kinda forgetting the loser of the Central division who you ALSO trail by 5 games.

Blue Jays are just 2 behind Yanks.

Which is why to have any chance, the Yanks have to sweep the Jays this week. With 30 odd games left, the Yanks have to play .800 ball, and probably better than that in the agmes they have in the division, to have any chance at the wild card.

It's also not easy for Sawx fans to admit he isn't the same guy as last year

Clearly not your #1 right now

You're right. The Sox #1 is a kid. I love it when the kids actually perform.

BTW, how are the Yankees kids doing?

I didn't see the game yesterday but I heard Beckett's comments on the radio this morning. He was dropping F bombs like they were going out of style. Needless to say, he wasn't happy with the "8 f'n runs" he gave up yesterday.

Good old JonE. He's always on top of a bad Red Sox performance.

I didn't see the game yesterday but I heard Beckett's comments on the radio this morning. He was dropping F bombs like they were going out of style. Needless to say, he wasn't happy with the "8 f'n runs" he gave up yesterday.

Good old JonE. He's always on top of a bad Red Sox performance.

A few more games seperation and he'll pull his annual Houdini act. :biggrin:

Sorry to interfere with the jerk-fest

Nevertheless, if you think the Sawx are as good without Manny, I have some Ocean Front property in Greenland for sale

Also, lets not get away from the fact that Beckett is a "little" off this year

Sorry to interfere with the jerk-fest

Nevertheless, if you think the Sawx are as good without Manny, I have some Ocean Front property in Greenland for sale

Also, lets not get away from the fact that Beckett is a "little" off this year

I'd like to say that Hughes is a "little" off this year, but that would mean that he was "on" at one time.

Archived