Adam Schein on D. Harris...

Columbia Jet Fan

Was watching a DVR of Jets Nation, Schein was talking about D. Harris and said Lofa Tatupu had watched a lot of film on Harris and said Harris' upside is to be the best defensive player in the league. Not best LB...best defensive player. Now I know a lot of people don't like Schein, but he has been pretty spot on w/ season predictions including predicting a terrible year for the Jets last year when everyone was talking about the playoffs, as well as saying the Bills will be better than expected. Not to mention this is coming from Tatupu who they said was a student of the game (don't know if this is true) but it got me real fired up.

Pro Bowl for Harris this year...

Was watching a DVR of Jets Nation, Schein was talking about D. Harris and said Lofa Tatupu had watched a lot of film on Harris and said Harris' upside is to be the best defensive player in the league. Not best LB...best defensive player. Now I know a lot of people don't like Schein, but he has been pretty spot on w/ season predictions including predicting a terrible year for the Jets last year when everyone was talking about the playoffs, as well as saying the Bills will be better than expected. Not to mention this is coming from Tatupu who they said was a student of the game (don't know if this is true) but it got me real fired up.

Pro Bowl for Harris this year...

I know this by seeing him. Thats whyI was scared like **** when he was hurt.

Harris has given us all reason to be excited. The was he dominated in that 3-4 after coming in as a rookie was ridiculous. Cannot wait to see him this season, he has the potential to be one of the great LB's in the NFL.

he and the rest of the defense looked quite good saturday. reason, Jenkins

Jenkins really did look awesome. There's no way you could have convinced me had had weight issues in the past. He looks great.

some people say there is no such thing. but a change of scenery really has changed him, i remember he was a force in carolina, then he got hurt and complacent. now he looks motivated

the reason some people don't like adam is because they don't wanna hear the truth. now i'm not saying he's always right, but he is definitely well informed. i always enjoy listening to him on Sirius

No, it's because he's an obnoxious a-hole, and often wrong. And the fake announcer voice; WTF is that? Is his real voice that bad that he thinks he has to pull that? He's an embarrassment.

he and the rest of the defense looked quite good saturday. reason, Jenkins

Considering Harris has looked awesome without Jenkins, that's not the only reason.

That's not a knock on Jenkins BTW, just more credit to Harris. The fact that he was able to dominate the way he did with Robertson at NT has me pumped to see what he'll do with Jenkins in front of him.

Did Schein say he could be the best, or did Tatupu?

Tatupu... Schein reported the quote.

That having been said, I'm not going to jump on the 'best in the NFL' bandwagon, because I think that's a bit absurd for a guy who's started 8 games... But last year, Harris was the first guy that started to fit the mold of what the Jets have not had in a long time.

Big, strong, physical football players. To hell with this idea of finese (See: Vilma), this offseason we did what we needed to do to become a powerful football team, one that has big bad mutha****ers on it. A team that can 'out physical' you. This is something we haven't been able to do in a long time.

Harris was the first, then we added Pace and Jenkins, then Gholston in the draft. The defense is bigger and meaner, and Harris is definitely leading that charge.

Tatupu... Schein reported the quote.

That having been said, I'm not going to jump on the 'best in the NFL' bandwagon, because I think that's a bit absurd for a guy who's started 8 games... But last year, Harris was the first guy that started to fit the mold of what the Jets have not had in a long time.

Big, strong, physical football players. To hell with this idea of finese (See: Vilma), this offseason we did what we needed to do to become a powerful football team, one that has big bad mutha****ers on it. A team that can 'out physical' you. This is something we haven't been able to do in a long time.

Harris was the first, then we added Pace and Jenkins, then Gholston in the draft. The defense is bigger and meaner, and Harris is definitely leading that charge.

I would have disagreed with you on the Pace comment before i saw a few of his plays lately. I never thought an Arizon Cardinal could play physical but on one of Pace's sacks he really blew right through the tackles block. It was nice to see that he had no hesitation in taking him on. As you mentioned about Vilma, you can bet he would have tried to run around the guard giving the QB a chance to step forward and escape.

This team does seem to have the mauling make up. A team where you will have to beat with smoke and mirrors as opposed to us having to do it all the time. It's this physical play that makes me want to see Elam start at Safety. It's just one more hitter on the field.

I would have disagreed with you on the Pace comment before i saw a few of his plays lately. I never thought an Arizon Cardinal could play physical but on one of Pace's sacks he really blew right through the tackles block. It was nice to see that he had no hesitation in taking him on. As you mentioned about Vilma, you can bet he would have tried to run around the guard giving the QB a chance to step forward and escape.

This team does seem to have the mauling make up. A team where you will have to beat with smoke and mirrors as opposed to us having to do it all the time. It's this physical play that makes me want to see Elam start at Safety. It's just one more hitter on the field.

ehh.. I'm still not too enthusiastic about Elam. He hits hard but where is his head at? I still haven't forgiven him for that interception he took away from Revis in the Bills game last year. I like the aggressiveness but I don't want the last line of defense to be prone to making dumb mistakes.

ehh.. I'm still not too enthusiastic about Elam. He hits hard but where is his head at? I still haven't forgiven him for that interception he took away from Revis in the Bills game last year. I like the aggressiveness but I don't want the last line of defense to be prone to making dumb mistakes.

I'm not really sold on him either but it's not like Eric Smith brings much more to the table to unseat Elam. With this particular team, i'll take the extra hitter...JMO.

there were two plays in that jet-jint game that were pretty telling from a safety stand point:

1. eric smith getting bowled over by a RB (i think) for a first down on 3rd and 2

2. abram elam absolutely blew-up a tackle/guard (either way the guy had to be outweighed by a good 125+ lbs.) to sack david carr

after seeing those two things, i'd take elam over smith any day of the week especially sunday. if elam is in for smith on that 3rd and 2 play, the guy probably doesn't make the first down; i think smith made contact right at the marker and was pushed to first down territory. if smith is in for elam on the safety blitz, smith ends up on his keister.

as far as schein goes, the guy knows his isht. he's right more often than wrong and his opinions are grounded in fact. i can never fault anyone for coming to a conclusion via a logical thought process; most fans are totally incapable of that.

but the quote is of the "tell me something i didn't know" variety. to put up the numbers he did in half a season as a rookie is insane and indicative of how great he can really be. i can believe he could have ran away with DROTY if he started from game 1 last year. so let's hope he stays healthy and at least gets a probowl selection out of it. i'll save the SB talk for if/when they make the tournament.

there were two plays in that jet-jint game that were pretty telling from a safety stand point:

1. eric smith getting bowled over by a RB (i think) for a first down on 3rd and 2

2. abram elam absolutely blew-up a tackle/guard (either way the guy had to be outweighed by a good 125+ lbs.) to sack david carr

after seeing those two things, i'd take elam over smith any day of the week especially sunday. if elam is in for smith on that 3rd and 2 play, the guy probably doesn't make the first down; i think smith made contact right at the marker and was pushed to first down territory. if smith is in for elam on the safety blitz, smith ends up on his keister.

as far as schein goes, the guy knows his isht. he's right more often than wrong and his opinions are grounded in fact. i can never fault anyone for coming to a conclusion via a logical thought process; most fans are totally incapable of that.

but the quote is of the "tell me something i didn't know" variety. to put up the numbers he did in half a season as a rookie is insane and indicative of how great he can really be. i can believe he could have ran away with DROTY if he started from game 1 last year. so let's hope he stays healthy and at least gets a probowl selection out of it. i'll save the SB talk for if/when they make the tournament.

1: eric smith got stiff armed by dominik hixon, the wr whose stood out for the giants, smith like so many other safeties i see are terrible tacklers.

2. Drew coleman sacked david carr, abram elam had 0 sacks in the game

1: eric smith got stiff armed by dominik hixon, the wr whose stood out for the giants, smith like so many other safeties i see are terrible tacklers.

2. Drew coleman sacked david carr, abram elam had 0 sacks in the game

if you can catch the replay tonight, you'll see in the second half, no. 27 blow up a guard/tackle for a sack. you can even go here:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/game/

to see a pic elam with his hands all over carr just before his sack. it's picture numbers 14 & 25 in the series.

How? Switch Rhodes for Robertston or McCareins?

My cousin is a huge Giant fan and his comment after the game was "the Jets are going to tough to run on this year". Thank God. That's probably the area I was most worried about.

Yeah..On the sopcast/stream, there were a bunch of Giants fans talking on the side, and they all seemed to be impressed by the Jets. Even when we weren't scoring any points, we still impressed people. Now thats saying something.

I remember one Giant fan at halftime saying something like "Damn. Favre looks awesome and that front 7 is solid. The Jets might actually be serious contenders this season."

if you can catch the replay tonight, you'll see in the second half, no. 27 blow up a guard/tackle for a sack. you can even go here:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/game/

to see a pic elam with his hands all over carr just before his sack. it's picture numbers 14 & 25 in the series.

well the stat guys didn't give him credit for the sack.

i get your point though, elam is better

well the stat guys didn't give him credit for the sack.

i get your point though, elam is better

they didn't? that sucks... but i think he got the credit @ nfl.com. i checked the stats there and it listed elam with 1 sack for the preseason. that could have been from one of the other PS games, but i think the jet-jint game was the first in which the team had gotten sacks. though i could be completely wrong on that.

the elam/smith @ safety argument is almost (loosely used term here) like the penny/clemens argument in that if you could combine the two into one player, you'd have a really good safety/qb. but i guess it really won't matter if mangini can get the secondary to be interchangeable.

Archived